Your viewing journal

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season 2nd Part episode 41 Taste of hell.

Glass Mask (2005) episodes 40-51 (Complete. This was an engaging series built on its themes of melodrama but also had some issues, namely a weak ending, Maya being treated harshly to almost comical levels at times for the sake of the plot and Masumi’s role in the story. That said, this was still an enjoyable watch overall.) 4/5

Last edited:
Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop (dub)
Extremely slow romantic build up to a pretty obvious ending (I actually was moved more by the finale of the sub-plot than the main one), but it does a good job of selling the leads as awkward teenagers, maybe a little too awkward in the case of the male MC. He communicates quietly and mainly in haiku, so I would recommend watching in Japanese, as whilst the performance was pretty good the translation was a bit weird sometimes, apparently the subs are a bit more literal.
The art was nice and colourful and the character designs were nice, but the cg backgrounds were a bit too clean and boxy sometimes. The animation was OK, but some of the shot compositions were a little odd, extreme close ups, cutting the heads off characters, stuff like that.
7/10

Drug Store in Another World - The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist episode 5 Aim.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S episode 5 Past clashes and modern working.

NIGHT HEAD 2041 episode 4 Bloodbath.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- episode 5 Weak spot.

God Eater episodes 1-13 (Complete. I didn’t come away from this series with especially strong thoughts, though it was decent enough overall and I may check out the original video game eventually.) 3/5

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (English Dub) Episode 1

Drugstore in Another World: The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist Episode 5 Targets.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S Episode 5 Past confrontations and work.

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory (Uncensored) Episode 4 Inspection.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 41 Assembled.

Odd Taxi - Episodes 1 - 13 [Final]

Odd Taxi wan't something I was going to watch but after seeing all the comments about how good it was, I felt I ought to watch now and boy I wan't disappointed, an absolutely fantastic story that had me hooked from start to finish.

Steel Jeeg - Episodes 14 - 19

Getter Robo ARC - Episode 5

Belladonna of Sadness (Blu-ray)

I have read enough about Belladonna of Sadness to manage my expectations without knowing too much about what actually happens. These kind of films always interest me and to be honest most of the time I found it exceedingly (and often frustratingly) tedious but at the same time it also completely fascinated me as well. An oddity that's for sure and not to everyone's tastes.

Record of Lodoss War OVA1 (English dub)

I still haven't got round to Lodoss War yet either but I am waiting for the blu-ray to arrive having picked it up in a recent RightStuf sale. It's definitely on my 'to watch' list this year.

EDEN eps 1-4 (complete)
A short series set in a post-apocalyptic world where only robots exist and the memory of humanity is oppressed. 2 robots discover a small human and decide, for some reason, to raise her despite the danger. The mystery of how the world got be this way is then unravelled after the girl grows up and her explorations get her into trouble.
There's some thought provoking stuff and emotional beats, but it's a bit too short to really explore them, but it was an OK story.
The cg was pretty good for the robots, but the humans looked a bit odd. The music is by Kevin Penkin, so is excellent.
6/10

Higurashi: When they Cry - Sotsu episode 7 Nightmares.

Peach Boy Riverside episode 6 Standing up.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 5 A part of parenthood.

The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace episode 4 Surveillance.

Gosick episodes 1-12

World Witches Series: World Witches Take Off! (English Dub) Episode 2

Blue Reflection Ray Episode 17 The painful truth.

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Episode 6 Desperate times, Desperate measures.

I'm Standing on a Million Lives 2nd Season Episode 17 Burned.

My Next Life As a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X Episode 6 Reminiscent story.

The Dungeon of Black Company Episode 5 Future.

Blue Reflection Ray episode 17 Changed.

HameFura, My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! episode 6 Spooked.

The Case Study of Vanitas episode 6 Pout.

The Dungeon of Black Company episode 5 Priestess.

Gosick episodes 13-24 (Complete. A solidly engaging mystery series which grew darker as the story unfolded.) 3.5/5

Gourmet Girl Graffiti
episodes 1-6

Back