Your viewing journal

I've got up to episode 9 of Shana season 1, though i think i might wait to buy and see the rest.
Also a new one from JC Staff, Toradora really good got up to ep 18 of that can't wait for episode 19....Ooohhh the suspense is killer

Watched a few more episodes of Mushishi today.
Reminds me why, even though I watch nowhere near as much anime these days because of how busy I am, why I still love anime.

Sakura Wars - the movie. A Production IG is always great. I said always! even if it's for a generic steampunk mecha harem anime, such as Sakura wars =)

Rewatched Karas Part 1,

Mainly due to the fact that I still need to watch Part 2 and couldn't really remember part 1 (I was really tired last time I watched it).

I enjoyed it even more this time, not a fan of CG mixed with drawn animation but for the most part they mixed it quite well and the action blew me away, very nice.

I just hope Manga Ent. have sorted the sign-sub issue with the Blu-ray release, it was really annoying having to flick the subs on and off.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai eps 1-3, finally pulled my finger out and started watching anime again, my watching has been awfully sporadic since xmas, should really finish of Gaiking as well i guess.

xxXXmoomooXXxx said:
Me-Mania said:
Haibane Renmei

Finished this the day before yesterday. Despite being 6-7 years old, the visuals are some of the best I have ever seen. I personally enjoyed NieA_7 more than this but thats because I'm more of a comedy man than a drama man. I didn't think much of Rakka but Reki was a very intriguing and fascinating character. There are a few subtle similarities between ABe's works but I can't put a finger on them. Would recommend to anyone that is looking for a laid-back or/and stylish (short) series.
Never watched it >_>
Does it have good reviews

Going by ANN, it does:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1871
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php?top50=best_bayesian (47th best rated series)

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you...

OT: 15-odd episodes into Genesis Climber Mospeada.

Fullmetal Alchemist 27-30
Code Geass R2 - 2

Code Geass R2 isn't really what I wanted. I can't belive like in these 2 episode like 3 more people can use geass

*Sigh* If this carries on like this; I can see me dropping it at ep 8 like Aion.

Last edited by a moderator:
since toradoras been so good to me i may have a re-run of it till ep19 comes out, other then that i thought i go and see Kannagi (ep1) for the hell of it and To Aru Majutsu no Index (ep1) also

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai eps 4-6 Looks like the second arc of this season is going to provide some much needed answers and i'll admit I was smiling when Keichi gave the doll to Mion, that came as a total surprise...to me at least

Sakura Wars OVA - ~Sumire
Sakura Wars - Ecole de Paris

With this, I've completed Sakura Wars. I've rented the OVA's and decided to give this series a try.

I liked everything I've seem with one exception. The OVA ~Sumire is just a filler to cash on fans of the series. It was released to "celebrate" the retirement of the character VA. Nothing really happens and the highlight of it is a song (?!?!?!). Be warned!

chaos said:
Maltos said:
chaos said:
...steampunk mecha harem anime...

All those words in one sentence = win. Gonna have to go search for this'un!
You can completely ignore the sumire OVA. I've seen that yesterday and it really disapointed me. The ecole the Paris one has one of the most beautiful animation of the series. Don't take me too serious on the harem bit, as the harem aspects of the series are present mostly on the games, not the anime. The OVAS adn the TV series won't required any previous knowledge. Ecole de Paris and the Movie are sequels to the story shown on the games, but it's pretty enjoyable even if you never played the games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sakura_Wars_titles

Spyro201 said:
Did you get past that return to Ishbal part? After that bit it becomes almost unbearable to stop watching it.

Spyro201 said:
Code Geass R2 - 2

Code Geass R2 isn't really what I wanted. I can't belive like in these 2 episode like 3 more people can use geass

*Sigh* If this carries on like this; I can see me dropping it at ep 8 like Aion.

If the anti-climatic phone call and Lelouch's impossible teleportation in episode 3 don't piss you off then I'm sure you'll survive beyond the 8th episode.

This is how I felt whilst watching R2:

mod Edit: feel free to repost the pic aion, just make it forum size ;)

Back