Your viewing journal

Tasker said:
FLCL eps 1 and 2... I want my hour back - What a complete load of shite.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrjwaqZfjIY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrjwaqZfjIY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seriously, though, it's a strange show that tends to polarize opinions. My frustration at being thoroughly confused was offset by the joy of how insane and energetic the show is.

To be honest, I was probably in the wrong frame of mind for it. I'll try again at some point, and it probably won't be as bad now that I know what to expect.

Aion said:
Spyro201 said:
Fullmetal Alchemist 27-30
Code Geass R2 - 2

Code Geass R2 isn't really what I wanted. I can't belive like in these 2 episode like 3 more people can use geass

*Sigh* If this carries on like this; I can see me dropping it at ep 8 like Aion.

If the anti-climatic phone call and Lelouch's impossible teleportation in episode 3 don't piss you off then I'm sure you'll survive beyond the 8th episode.

This is how I felt whilst watching R2:

mod Edit: feel free to repost the pic aion, just make it forum size ;)

Cool. Well i'm determined to watch the end. I must say the Mecha in this show is done beautifully, and has made me want to watch alot more mecha shows. I know this isn't the place to ask but, if anyone has reccomendations for good mecha in a similar style to the Code Geass mecha, please do PM me saying so. (I dont wanna get in trouble by having you reccomend it here ;) )

Thanks to anyone who PMs :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spyro201 said:
Aion said:
Spyro201 said:
Code Geass R2 - 2

Code Geass R2 isn't really what I wanted. I can't belive like in these 2 episode like 3 more people can use geass

*Sigh* If this carries on like this; I can see me dropping it at ep 8 like Aion.

If the anti-climatic phone call and Lelouch's impossible teleportation in episode 3 don't piss you off then I'm sure you'll survive beyond the 8th episode.

Cool. Well i'm determined to watch the end. I must say the Mecha in this show is done beautifully, and has made me want to watch alot more mecha shows. I know this isn't the place to ask but, if anyone has reccomendations for good mecha in a similar style to the Code Geass mecha, please do PM me saying so. (I dont wanna get in trouble by having you reccomend it here ;) )

eureka 7

lancealot is a blatent rip off of Nirvash :D

Karas Part 2

Bit dissapointing after part 1, expected more action, but it was still good. If I had read up on it I would have known that its more emotional and story based, I probably would have enjoyed it more.

One thing that I really didn't like was the CG, tbh I don't think it belongs in drawn anime, it does'nt look right, but the 1st part until near the end did a good job, but the 2nd looked quite bad.

Ryo Chan said:
Spyro201 said:
Aion said:
Spyro201 said:
Code Geass R2 - 2

eureka 7

lancealot is a blatent rip off of Nirvash :D

I've tried Eureka 7, and it was ****. I really didn't like that show.

You said the same thing about Fullmetal Alchemist and wha:

Spyro201 said:
I've got up to ep 26 of Fullmetal Alchemist now and it is getting really awesome now.

Don't be too early to judge BONES shows, Spyro. FTR, though: I haven't watched E7. If them box sets come to light, I'll probably splash out and never watch them. It'll still be worth it for the openings I'll flick on once a year when I'm tipsy.

Me?, What am I watching? Some point in the near future I'll watch another Blood+ Dub episode [E2], and I have Haibane to go soon. Half term is up so I'll have a little bit of time to waste.

Jayme said:
You said the same thing about Fullmetal Alchemist and wha:

Spyro201 said:
I've got up to ep 26 of Fullmetal Alchemist now and it is getting really awesome now.

Don't be too early to judge BONES shows, Spyro. FTR, though: I haven't watched E7.quote]

I found E7 depressing sorry. I hated the voice actor for the lead kid; and I hated most of it. Sorry, no hope of me picking that up again.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai eps 7-9 why is the show teasing me with a prospect of a happy ending at this stage when i know there's still 13 eps left :( Still can't get enough of it like

Gaiking: Legend of Daiky Maryu ep 11- watched because i was bored and i need to finish this of

Eureka 7 never grabbed my interest. The air surfing was silly and I'd seen stories involving a kid joining the crew of a boat/spaceship lots already. I decided it wasn't for me after around 10 episodes.

Xam'd reminded me of it a lot -- they both have stories that aren't explained very at all, worlds/settings that the viewer isn't able to get a feel for and both involve a young male joining the crew of a ship of some sort. I liked Xam'd more because of its older (or just older looking?) and more likeable characters, but they both have some serious, series ruining flaws.

I haven't watched sod all since watching Barefot Gen 2. I *might* try to watch Patlabor 1 & 2 over the next few days -- it depends if I can find the motivation. I also *kinda* wanna rewatch the first season of Genshiken but, like with everything these days, the motivation isn't really there.

Aion said:
Eureka 7 never grabbed my interest. The air surfing was silly and I'd seen stories involving a kid joining the crew of a boat/spaceship lots already. I decided it wasn't for me after around 10 episodes.

Xam'd reminded me of it a lot -- they both have stories that aren't explained very at all, worlds/settings that the viewer isn't able to get a feel for and both involve a young male joining the crew of a ship of some sort. I liked Xam'd more because of its older (or just older looking?) and more likeable characters, but they both have some serious, series ruining flaws.

I haven't watched sod all since watching Barefot Gen 2. I *might* try to watch Patlabor 1 & 2 over the next few days -- it depends if I can find the motivation. I also *kinda* wanna rewatch the first season of Genshiken but, like with everything these days, the motivation isn't really there.

Maaan. The first Season of Genshiken was the best. I felt it better than the second by far, srsly.

Now i've just watched episode 37 of Fullmetal Alchemist

**** maaayn. Armstrong is just hilarious. That guy is the best thing IN Fullmetal Alchemist.

Appleseed original movie. probably one of the most foul-mouthed animes I've seen.

Spyro201 said:

**** maaayn. Armstrong is just hilarious. That guy is the best thing IN Fullmetal Alchemist.

I believe that by now you got yourself used to the humour in FMA =) glad your enjoying it.

chaos said:
Spyro201 said:

I believe that by now you got yourself used to the humour in FMA =) glad your enjoying it.

Yeah I have :)

It helps I got a mate to start watching too, so we get to chat/laugh about it in school too. I'm really enjoying this show. Some things bug me with it but, not enough to have any real affect.

Back