Your viewing journal

Hellsing Ultimate III

Would have liked a little more story advancement... you really don't learn anything in volume three that you didn't already know at the end of volume two. It could have been forgiven if the Big Fight(tm) had been something special, but sadly it wasn't as impressive as any in previous volumes. On the upside, the animation quality seems to get better every time.

When they Cry Volume 1 yesterday, almost done with Volume 2 now. I have no idea what's going on, but this series is something else. If is keeps going like this, it will make into my top 10.

I'm pretty happy with the animes I've watching lately.
Kamichu!, You're under arrest, Gankutsuou, Karekano... A very good january for me.

chaos said:
When they Cry Volume 1 yesterday, almost done with Volume 2 now. I have no idea what's going on, but this series is something else. If is keeps going like this, it will make into my top 10.

Keep watching you won't be disappointed :) How's those releases anyway, i've been eyeing them up recently.

on topic Gravion eps 10-11 almost finished with it now, and i'm not sure what to make of it really, can say for certain that it's not getting anything higher then a 8 from me (and that's only if the last two eps dazzle me)

Still watching when they cry. third eps of volume 4. Still little to no idea of what's going on. I wonder if there will be an arc for everyone to turn psycho... Lovely =)

chaos said:
Still watching when they cry. third eps of volume 4. Still little to no idea of what's going on. I wonder if there will be an arc for everyone to turn psycho... Lovely =)

Wasn't psycho Rena enough for you? :p I think that everyone goes pyscho at least once in that season just not at the same time...

Boccano

Episode 1 - Awesome, talk about violent
Episode 2 - Swicthed off a little due to the more comedy nature of this ep but it does look promising, was a tad dissappointed after watching the 1st ep though.

Slayers volume 1 : Quite enjoyed it, I was a little put off by the old style animation at first, but it's grown on me. Just out of curiosity, where do the OVAs fall in relation to the series, does anyone know?

Starship Operators volume 3 : Yet another series with an ending that just leaves you thinking - Well that was pointless, is that it?

Tasker said:
Slayers volume 1 : Quite enjoyed it, I was a little put off by the old style animation at first, but it's grown on me. Just out of curiosity, where do the OVAs fall in relation to the series, does anyone know?

All of the OAVs are prequels and the only familiar main character you'll meet is (younger) Lina, so once you know the premise you can leap in whenever you like. They were originally a separate series of novels by the same author in Japan so the story doesn't directly carry on in the TV series at all. There's a new main character in the OAVs too who does link in to the main series' storyline in a minor way but they've not yet developed that in the anime (it's teased more in the games and a possibility in the new anime season that's airing now in Japan).

So you should watch the OAVs before getting to the very late Slayers stuff, really, but aside from that there's nowhere particularly they need to go. You don't even have to watch them in order.

As far as the movies are concerned they're exactly the same in that you can watch them whenever you want except for Slayers Premium, the last one. It's pretty much a filler episode but you should watch that during or after Slayers Next, which is season two. There's a character in it which you won't recognise otherwise.

R

Gravion eps 12-13 Well that's that out of the way, i was a bit dissapointed with this series really, i guess Gravion Zwei was supposed to answer a lot of the questions that were left open. Since ADV UK never bothered to release that series over here though i'm not sure its worth importing it from america -_-

Rui said:
Tasker said:

All of the OAVs are prequels and the only familiar main character you'll meet is (younger) Lina, so once you know the premise you can leap in whenever you like. They were originally a separate series of novels by the same author in Japan so the story doesn't directly carry on in the TV series at all. There's a new main character in the OAVs too who does link in to the main series' storyline in a minor way but they've not yet developed that in the anime (it's teased more in the games and a possibility in the new anime season that's airing now in Japan).

So you should watch the OAVs before getting to the very late Slayers stuff, really, but aside from that there's nowhere particularly they need to go. You don't even have to watch them in order.

As far as the movies are concerned they're exactly the same in that you can watch them whenever you want except for Slayers Premium, the last one. It's pretty much a filler episode but you should watch that during or after Slayers Next, which is season two. There's a character in it which you won't recognise otherwise.

R

Aha, right-o. Thanks for that.

I bought them in the ADV sale but never managed to get around to watching them, might as well get them watched now that i'm in the mood. :D

Since my last post ive watched Code Geass 13- 23

I really hope the ending isnt ****-tastic. I hated the Suzaku romance with Euphemia. That is however the only thing thats stopped this show being 10/10. However, in episode 23 I had hope for an excellent ending with Lelouch acting alot like Light from Death Note.

I hope to see some heartless slaughter of Brittania or somethin' in the final episodes.

Btw// Sorry about all the spoiler tags its just; realy dont want anyone to have this story spoilt etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spyro201 said:

I really hope the ending isnt ****-tastic. I hated the Suzaku romance with Euphemia. That is however the only thing thats stopped this show being 10/10. However, in episode 23 I had hope for an excellent ending with Lelouch acting alot like Light from Death Note.

I hope to see some heartless slaughter of Brittania or somethin' in the final episodes.

Btw// Sorry about all the spoiler tags its just; realy dont want anyone to have this story spoilt etc.

The Code Geass ending isn't what you expect but still enjoyable!!
R2 is also great (secound season)

xxXXmoomooXXxx said:
Spyro201 said:

The Code Geass ending isn't what you expect but still enjoyable!!
R2 is also great (secound season)

Well holy **** that ending was good.

I've just finished Code Geass and srsly; that was amazing. I intended to continue my anime watching with Fullmetal Alchemist but; I dont think thats actually possible. I think i'm gonna have to start R2. Sadly though; it hasnt had many great reviews :( I hope it doesnt ruin the series.

//Anyone who cares; I just started the Picture Books too and... they're sexy. Anyone who likes thier ecchi; its worth looking at ;)

Back