Your viewing journal

Fruits Basket eps 22-26 (complete)
Talk about a tone shift. The first 2 focused on annoying side characters and then the final 3 brought in the overall plot which sort was hinted at, but still came out of nowhere.

Overall the plot of a darker side was only touched upon a few times leaving most of the rest being a comedy with the occasional romance/drama moment and most of the comedy was slapstick and the drama was always solved by Tooru saying something profound. She was insufferably purer than pure most of the time, I mean she's just become an orphan and is living in a tent at the start, she must have another side to her somewhere. The other two main characters are loud mouth and a wet blanket, although both have their moments. If they made a spin-off with Shigure, Saki and Arisa I would watch that in a heartbeat. The other characters were a mixed bag with a fair few also being quite annoying.
6/10
I heard the manga is a bit darker and I hope the new adaptation cuts some of the slapstick and seeds some of the overall plot a bit more. Also I did sample the sub and I'm glad they are going with a male VA (Nobunaga Shimazaki, Haruka from Free) for Yuki because using a female one felt weird.

March comes in like a Lion (Japanese audio) - Episodes 16-19

March-comes-in-like-a-Lion-15.gif

March-comes-in-like-a-Lion-7.gif

March-comes-in-like-a-Lion-2.gif

Not jotted down in a while but just had a re-watch of AoT eps 1&2 with me dinner. I think The Brother was bored on the dialogue heavy bits but he said the titans always look so happy 🤣
As for seasonals I've only been keeping up with sheild hero and mob psyco I've also been charged for Amazon too 🤔 might be that I haven't cancelled the Funi channel, might pick something up while I have it

WATATEN ep 8
A trip to the shops. I hate pushy attendants too. And we finally meet the smaller girl from the OP/ED, turns out she is the stalkers little sister.

Ekoda-chan ep 8
Getting to meet her social circle.

Girly Air Force ep 8
The new Anima is quite different to the other 3 and the last scene hints at a 5th.

Hinomaru Sumo ep 20
That was quite a bout. On to the final!

The Quintessential Quintuplets ep 8
Another fun episode. Bit of a coincidence that Futaro didn't turn around and look at the photo album, obviously to keep the new mystery going. We could rule out Nino, I guess, but it was 5 years ago so she might not remember him specifically, but it could be that she likes that type of boy because of that encounter.

Katana Maidens ~ Mini Toji ep 8
Aloha!

Last edited:
Wataten ep 8
This was a nice comfy ep. Mostly. I do feel that the comedy has become a bit eh though, or that might just be because it's all a bit samey...
Screen Shot 03-02-19 at 07.16 PM.PNG
I really hope we get to see more chuuni Miyako :D

Kemurikusa ep 8
Shiro is a good boy.
Screen Shot 03-02-19 at 07.40 PM.PNG
:'(

The Quintessential Quintuplets ep 8
I wasn't too fond of this section in the manga, but I seemed to appreciate it more in the anime. It's very much a bridging section combined with a bit of a focus on Yotsuba, who had been mostly neglected up till now. It all weaves together quite nicely and the individual scenes all felt high quality.
Screen Shot 03-02-19 at 08.05 PM.PNG
This scene, tho.
WATATEN ep 8
A trip to the shops. I hate pushy attendants too. And we finally meet the smaller girl from the OP/ED, turns out she is the stalkers little sister.
I mean, I think the OP made that kinda obvious didn't it? :p

Wataten ep 8
I mean, I think the OP made that kinda obvious didn't it? :p
I didn't really recognise the person with her in the OP. She's only been in a couple of episodes herself. I thought at first it was Hana's little sister (and worried where the show might go with that!), but then we found out she was an only child so it couldn't have been.

Bermuda Triangle: Colourful Pastrale episode 8 Standing on your own two feet (as opposed to fins.)

ENDRO! episode 8 A test of make-believe.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 298 The fighting continues.

Grimms Notes: The Animation episode 8 They’re finally tackling some Japanese folklore.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 8 Gotta get the top score.

Stray Cat Rock: Delinquent Girl Boss (Film) Very psychedelic and stylised, it looks like I’m working my through yet another film series led by Meiko Kaji. Soundtrack here was fun as well. 3.5/5

Stray Cat Rock: Wild Jumbo (Film) A very breezy film to sit through, with a road trip like feel to it all until the inevitable tragedy at the end. 3.5/5

Stray Cat Rock: Sex Hunter (Film) A weaker entry this time around, though it still has its moments and motifs. 3/5

Endro! (English Dub) Episode 5

Radiant (English Dub) Episode 18

Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 8
Spending time on the surface world along with some unusual encounters.

Circlet Princess Episode 8
That didn't quite go to plan.

Endro! Episode 8
Having the Hero act like a Hero with a "Saving the Princess" from a "Fake kidnapping of the Princess by the Demon Lord"

Fairy Tail Episode 298
As the saying goes "With great power comes great sacrifice".

gen:LOCK Episode 7
New allies and a brand new looking team.

Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 8
Returning to your past.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War Episode 8
Studying for Test's can be annoying, but at least it's worth it in the long run.

Katana Maidens: Mini Toji Episode 8
ALOHAAA! Some well earned R&R before the next mission.

Sword Art Online Alicization Episode 20

W'z Episode 9

Girly Air Force ep 8
Yay for Viper Zero. Guess I got my wish :p. Yashirodoori has also been a highlight of this show, he's rather entertaining.

Date A Live S3 ep 8
Ahh, this arc... Glad to see the animation made a bit of a comeback this ep too. Kurumi was one of the first anime characters I really liked when I was still fairly new to watching stuff. She may be a supporting actor in this part but she's still awesome. Damit, I forgot to take any screenshots and now I can't be bothered to go back and do so...

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ep 21
Well I have basically no clue what's going on anymore. Totally not understanding what King Crimson's ability is. Like, I understand it erases time, but how does that allow it to dodge things? And what's up with Buciaratti's apparent revival? I'm thinking he's been zombified or something similar by Trish's unknown stand ability, but...

Spec-Ops Asuka ep 8
Well that was... an unpleasant episode. Seeing a bit more of Kurumi's unhinged side which was hinted at early on is nice, but how graphic this whole episode was was... urgh. Hard to watch. I figure the whole "beach episode/torture elsewhere/some poor girl's abusive home life/etc" was at least partially meant to contrast the two worlds Asuka is living in but it just felt in poor taste.

Back