Your viewing journal

Fruits Basket eps 6-10 (dub)
More characters are introduced, it's fun to try and guess what animal they are. I'm not doing too well though, but one turned out to be a seahorse, wut! It's apparently an animal in the Celtic Zodiac. Episode 8 was really moving, but it was about a side character and my favourites are Tooru's friends and Shigure rather than the central 3.
Also the comedy is a bit hit and miss. A lot of it is slapstick, but there are some nice 4th wall stuff.

March comes in like a Lion (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-8

tumblr_og8we8Wndr1syeyvqo2_540.gif

tumblr_oftng5AoMg1rcufwuo1_540.gif

March-comes-in-like-a-Lion-2.gif

Planet With ep8-9

Planet With is starting to feel a bit more conventional in its second half, but it's still entertaining. I enjoyed the little GitS gag.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War ep5

Love Detective Chika is the best thing. Shame they've changed the ED though.

A Certain Magical Index III (English Dub) Episode 18

The Rising of the Shield Hero (English Dub) Episode 8
Saving an entire infected village. Cleaning up someone else's mess and a fight with an undead.

Circlet Princess Episode 7
Spending time together. The truth from 2 years ago is about to be revealed.

Kemurikusa Episode 8
An old acquaintance joins the group.

Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 8

My Roommate is a Cat Episode 8
Another comfy outing of SoL goodness this week. Some delving into Subaru and Hiroto's backstory.

Revue Starlight Special Episode 3

Virtual-san Looking Episode 8

My Roommate is a Cat episode 8 An old (and clumsy) friend.

The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 8 Sometimes playing the hero has consequences.

Lady Snowblood: Love Song of Vengeance (Film) A very fun follow-up, that’s a bit less heavy on the action and instead tries to build up the characters and world a bit more. It’s not as strong as the first film but I still enjoyed it. 3.5/5

A Prophet (Film) A lowly criminal slowly rises up the ranks to survive in this French crime thriller. I liked the slow burn of this story, as it followed the main protagonist become someone to be contended with. It’s a familiar setup that’s executed well thanks to the cast, characters and direction. 4/5

Shield Hero episode 8
Ah, the curse shield. I do think it's kinda neat how they didn't use it as a complete out-of-the-blue deus ex machina, and it does have suitable negatives. The adaptation continues to be fairly strong. This arc is a pretty good one.
Screen Shot 02-28-19 at 10.33 AM.PNG

There's enough source material for it at least, but there's no guarantee with these things. It's lost a bit of popularity with the new arc as well, I believe.

Girly Air Force episode 8 A case of mistaken identity.

The Promised Neverland episode 8 Well that couldn’t have gone more wrong.

Female Prisoner #701: Scorpion (Film) An exploitation film with uncompromising violence and brutality. It’s stylish yes, but didn’t exactly make for that enjoyable a watch at times, the first 30 minutes or so in particular. After that point the story became a bit more interesting but I can’t say I liked this all that much. 2.5/5

Female Prisoner Scorpion: Jailhouse 41 (Film) A decidedly better film than its predecessor thanks to a more consistent narrative with unique and surreal feel that ran alongside the brutality established in the first film. It’s still a film that can be difficult to watch, but it’s fair to say the series starts to find its footing here. 3.5/5

Last edited:
Back