Your viewing journal

Morcombe

Student Council President
My viewing for the week of December 17th - 23rd consisted of

2018.12.17 - 2018.12.23.jpg

Burn Up Excess was a lot better than I expected it to be lol, for an anime with it's own "jiggle" counter it wasn't as fan service heavy as i expected it to be. This show made me care about a tank lol thats impressive.

Burn Up W, the psuedo-prequal to Excess I guess, although since it's never brought up I just view as an alternative view, its non ending hurts the short little ova but its a fun time killer.

Dragon Half was a fun little parody? show i guess lol, shame only 2 of its 4 episodes were ever made but i hadsome laughs with it. I'll probably pick up the manga froms even seas now.

Madox 01 is nothing special, it's a dumb little action ova thats about it lol

Riding Bean is a great little ova and i wish there was more of it, Bean is badass and deserved his owns eries, I hope the upcoming ova next year can revitilise interest in not only this but gunsmith cats too.

Sonic the Movie was the first anime i ever bought as a kid way back in 1999 when it was originally realeased on VHS, hell i still have that tape so this is a huge nostalgia trip for me, it's nowhere near as good as kid me thought it was lol but it's a passible little ova.

Sword for Stranger, otherwise known as the worst anime ever made apparently during the 90s lol.
i can see why it got that title lol, the plot makes no sense, it ends on a weird cliffhanger, it introduces a few characters into the movie who have no relevance at all and it has a surprising amount of unnecessary gratutious nudity for a 45 minute movie, i mean one scene sure but 5 of them is pushing it lol
it also looks like its building this big major plot in the background but we never get told of what it is and its never resolved lol
It's the worst of the bunch that i watched for this week.

D1tchd1gger

Time-Traveller
Release the Spyce eps 11 & 12 (complete)
My musing from the end of episode 10 proved correct as we get a showdown between the Tsukikage girls and the bad guys.
Overall I enjoyed it very much. The action was very good and the soundtrack is great. I liked the character designs, especially when in their spy outfits. Some of the characters could have done with a bit more fleshing out, but the story mostly stuck to the spy stuff without going too SOL-y.
8/10

High Score Girl eps 1-6 (dub)
Here Comes A New Challenger!
A gentle elementary/middle school rom-com in a similar vain to Takagi-san with added nostalgia for those who remember their arcade games from the early 90s. There's a bit more of a story to it though and also a love triangle seems to be looming. The designs are similar-ish too, especially the male MC, but HSG has a CG look to it which is distracting.

Ms. Vampire ep 12 (complete)
Blood shortage and a long walk.
A cute SOL with cute characters. Nothing particularly happens in the way of an overarching plot, but unlike say Ms. Koizumi the characters are more likable and do grow, ever so slightly.
7/10

Hinamaru Sumo ep 12
Training in Nagoya.

Golden Kamuy s2 e12
Oh my god! That was eventful, so much went on I'm not sure who's on who's side and what peoples motivations are anymore apart from the obvious few. Sugimoto almost died on us! Must be way past his 9 lives by now!
A much tighter second season as the characters all had one place to aim for rather than trying to find random people in different places which meant the first season was a bit aimless at times. The art and animation was pretty much the same, as was the humour and the interesting Ainu information. Season 3 soon I hope, although not as soon as this was after the first. IIRC this was announced already before the first season.
8/10
I also gave the first season an 8 and although better I'll probably stick with the same for this one, but a higher 8 (damn I wish MAL scoring had a few more options to differentiate between close calls like this).

Die Hard
A Merry Yippee Ki-yay to all you mother f***ers! 🏢🎄💥🔫

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
Lu Over the Wall (Japanese audio) - Film

Remaining on-disc backlog (since the last update months ago lol):
TV Series
  • The Asterisk War
  • Claymore
  • Drifters
  • GATE (Season 2)
  • Gundam Reconguista in G
  • Higurashi: When They Cry (Season 1)
  • Higurashi: When They Cry Kai
  • Higurashi: When They Cry Rei
  • Lord Marksman and Vanadis
  • Love Live! Sunshine!!
  • March comes in like a Lion (Season 1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil (Season 1)
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST
Movies
  • The Anthem of the Heart
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Movie 1: Past
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Movie 2: Future
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I – Initiation
  • Fireworks
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl
  • In This Corner of the World
  • Napping Princess
  • No Game No Life Zero
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky
  • Napping Princess
  • The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
  • Psychic School Wars

TiagoCosta

Vampire Ninja
The Ryuo's Work is Never Done! ep 8

Would be so much better without all the lolis...

Free!-Dive to the Future- ep 7-8

Some tournament going on.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Working’!! episodes 1-4

Since it’s Christmas Eve (well Christmas Day now I’m posting) I, as per tradition, watched Die Hard.
0DEFB7E2-6D95-4860-8DEB-4625A1ED5653.jpeg

Also watched A Christmas Story and the Mr Bean Christmas episode in the day whilst I played on my Switch and fought my cold.

Dragon Slayer

Dragon Knight
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 10

Zombie Land Saga (English Dub) Episode 9

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 13
Best episode yet. That fight though... If you could even call it a fight was bad ass. Damn Souei, you really don't mess around when a job needs doing. Big fight coming up.

ActionFaust

Stand User
Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-San episode 12 (Complete) - A surprisingly great series that delivers on relatable comedy and an informative look into bookstores. While there is little animation to speak of, it's still a delight to watch. 8/10

Golden Kamuy Season 2 episode 12 (Complete) - A great continuation of the first season. The humour is great as usual and the story had more of a focus than the first season with plenty of great character moments along the way. Hoping for a season 3 at some point. 8/10

Anima Yell! episode 12 (Complete) - More Kirara goodness. I just really like these shows where it's just simple fun with great likeable characters. 8/10

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 13

Shadow Cat

Vampire Ninja
Christmas Films so far:

Watership Down (Original) Not Anime I know

Nanoha A's Movie. Loved this, it was a perfect choice of Christmas film <3

Today?? No idea

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky (Japanese audio) - Film

Remaining on-disc backlog (since the last update months ago lol):
TV Series
  • The Asterisk War
  • Claymore
  • Drifters
  • GATE (Season 2)
  • Gundam Reconguista in G
  • Higurashi: When They Cry (Season 1)
  • Higurashi: When They Cry Kai
  • Higurashi: When They Cry Rei
  • Lord Marksman and Vanadis
  • Love Live! Sunshine!!
  • March comes in like a Lion (Season 1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club
  • SHIMONETA
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil (Season 1)
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST
Movies
  • The Anthem of the Heart
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Movie 1: Past
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Movie 2: Future
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I – Initiation
  • Fireworks
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl
  • In This Corner of the World
  • Napping Princess
  • No Game No Life Zero
  • Napping Princess
  • The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
  • Psychic School Wars

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff
Charlotte: The Strong Ones (Japanese audio) - OVA
My First Girlfriend is a Gal: My First Cultural Fair (Japanese audio) - OVA

D1tchd1gger

Time-Traveller
High Score Girl eps 7-12 (complete)
OMG, cliffhanger!
I enjoyed this a lot. The characters are all quite charming, even the one that doesn't speak, and the little plot there is, is intriguing. The nostalgia factor probably adds to it.
8/10
Hopefully there's a second season.

Tokyo Godfathers

Last edited: