Your viewing journal

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Ace Attorney 2nd Season episode 33 Another case concludes.

Black Clover episode 64 Fairly typical shonen fare.

Tokyo Ghoul: re episode 24 A fucken mess, but with moments of enjoyment overall. They couldn’t even be arsed to cover all of the epilogue though, and the entire final battle seemed half-cooked. (Complete. Hoo boy. Words can’t properly express my frustration with this season but most of my viewing journal entries should suffice. Not terrible but such a waste. Screw Studio Pierrot basically. Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood pls) 3/5

Working’!! episodes 5-13 (Complete. A fun continuation for a fun franchise.) 3.5/5

Last edited:

ActionFaust

Pokémon Master
Laid-Back Camp (Rewatch) episodes 6-12 (Complete) - Again still one of my favourite series. Good to end on some Christmas episodes as well! Hopefully we'll see some news for the upcoming projects next year. 10/10 as usual.
Screenshot_20181225-134604_Crunchyroll.jpgScreenshot_20181225-134610_Crunchyroll.jpgScreenshot_20181226-011253_Crunchyroll.jpgScreenshot_20181226-015601_Crunchyroll.jpgScreenshot_20181226-022843_Crunchyroll.jpg
This time I did notice problems concerning a drop in animation quality in episode 8. Having checked TV/BD comparisons, episode 8 seemed to have had the most changes so I'm very interested in seeing a proper release over here sometime (AL please!)

Reactions: HWR

orgun

Death Scythe
Scoopers

Something else I've been meaning to watch for ages and another 80s OVA that will get a review on the podcast in 2019. All I'll say for now it's another interesting example of the use of computer graphics in 80s anime.

TiagoCosta

Thousand Master
Laid-Back Camp (Rewatch) episodes 6-12 (Complete) - Again still one of my favourite series. Good to end on some Christmas episodes as well! Hopefully we'll see some news for the upcoming projects next year. 10/10 as usual.
This time I did notice problems concerning a drop in animation quality in episode 8. Having checked TV/BD comparisons, episode 8 seemed to have had the most changes so I'm very interested in seeing a proper release over here sometime (AL please!)
No news from A Place Further than the Universe or laid-back camp, from the same season. It's quite disheartening.

Reminds me of waiting for yuru yuri news and never end up getting it..

ActionFaust

Pokémon Master
No news from A Place Further than the Universe or laid-back camp, from the same season. It's quite disheartening.

Reminds me of waiting for yuru yuri news and never end up getting it..
I think the whole Funi/CR situation probably delayed things quite a bit for those two series since they'd probably want to dub them for release. I'd like to see them use the same Canadian studio they used for Kiznaiver if possible.

TiagoCosta

Thousand Master
I think the whole Funi/CR situation probably delayed things quite a bit for those two series since they'd probably want to dub them for release. I'd like to see them use the same Canadian studio they used for Kiznaiver if possible.
I don't watch anime dubbed, can barely even tell dub quality apart as it's not my main language either way.

D1tchd1gger

Claymore
Tsurune ep 10
Are the Japanese really this susceptible to colds? Or is it just an income trope. Whilst the moping this week was tedious at least the shrine scene was good, I really want those twins to fail in some way.
I'm not sure he had a cold, he was only 0.1 over a normal body temperature and said "what am I doing?" to himself, although he did collapse later so I don't know what brought that on. Maybe the stress he'd put on himself for thinking Minato didn't need him any more. The cold definitely seems to be a trope in Anime and other similar media.

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc ep 11
Love triumphs over evil

Tokyo Ghoul: re s2 e12 (complete)
OK final fight. Furuta got it right about Kaneki, he was a failure most of the time! And even though he was a more badass than the first season of the first series he was still a bit of a wet blanket at the end.
Well that was a complete mess, I didn't know who, what, where or when half the time and frankly didn't give a damn by about half way through the season. I swear they slightly changed the character designs again which never helps, took me a while to get used to it in the first season and I did get to like Haise's squad. Probably should have dropped it by that mid point (or not even started after an overall average first season (I probably shouldn't have even started that after Root A!)). But because I plowed through I get to rate it:
4/10

SAO: Alicization ep 12
We learn of the history of the virtual world Kirito is in.

Goblin Slayer ep 11
One epic battle.

TiagoCosta

Thousand Master
Golden Kamyu episodes 3-4

What about Portuguese dubs? I thought that was quite common now.
PT-PT? Those don’t exist.

If I was Brazilian there might be some PT-BR stuff. But ask any Portuguese if they like to hear PT-BR, or any Spanish if they like the Mexico version for example. Rather have jp or English any day (true for everything).

D1tchd1gger

Claymore
PT-PT? Those don’t exist.

If I was Brazilian there might be some PT-BR stuff. But ask any Portuguese if they like to hear PT-BR, or any Spanish if they like the Mexico version for example. Rather have jp or English any day (true for everything).
How different are they? I mean American English can be annoying on occasion for us Brits, but most of us are so used to it by now because of Hollywood and American TV shows.

D1tchd1gger

Claymore
Quite different, grammatically, the pronunciation even how they use the words and verbs...
Interesting, I wonder how that happened. Maybe not as many actual Portuguese emigrated thus after the language went over not enough people went over to keep the evolution of it in check. Whereas plenty of English speakers kept going and at different times from the first settlers onwards.

Vincentdante

Thousand Master
Watched Princess Arete last night from my mystery box.

I would give it a solid 7/10 above average. The art and animation were spectacular but the story was uneventful, slow and alot of plot threads led nowhere at all. Frustratingly so at times.

TiagoCosta

Thousand Master
Laid-Back Camp ep 5
Anima Yell ep 6

I like the sensei.

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai ep 13 [END]

That was really good, kinda disappointed they
didn't show mai-san presentation to his father and sister ''on screen'', those are fun to watch and listen to
aside from that I have no complains, strong end. Looking forward to the movie. 8/10

Iroduku: The World in Colors ep 9-11

this won't end well, will it? Also ep 11 was by far the best so far, powerful stuff.

Last edited:

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Cells at Work episode 14 A neat special episode about the common cold.

Golden Kamuy 2nd Season (Dub) episode 21 A hot spring ambush.

Rascal does not dream of Bunny Girl Senpai episode 13 A tragic first half followed by a more upbeat conclusion, that will lead into the movie. I liked how Kaede’s journal was the catalyst for Sukata’s recovery.

(Complete. An engaging premise and a core romance not weighed down by trite cliches and tropes? I’d say it deserves the praise it gets, and each arc has been very good to great for me overall-asides from the final arc which felt a bit rushed and more of a precursor to the film. I look forward to the film and wherever else the franchise is taken.) 4/5

Working!!! episodes 1-13 & Lord of the Takanashi Special (Complete. A nice conclusion to the series with the core romance finally progressing. The special was also quite enjoyable. I’ll watch the spin-off series at some point in the future.) 4/5

Gemsy-chan

Claymore
Ep 1 4 of Cells at Work: Special Episode...i really miss Cells at Work, i think i'll end up paying AoA prices when its released because that's how much i love it.