Your viewing journal

3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 2 [14]
The festival starts. Plus more character development.

WATATEN!: An Angel Flew Down to Me Episode 2
More cute cosplaying. A dressing up contest, plus a new face joins the group.

Tsurune ep 12

felt slow.

Run with the Wind ep 13

nice way to handle MC background.

Real Girl 2nd Season ep 2

Not bad at all, liking this start more than s1 start.

Last edited:
Golden Kamuy 2nd season (Dub) episode 23 The aftermath of the failed prison break.

My Roommate is a Cat episode 2 I like how quiet this series can be, also just watching a socially distant guy struggle to interact with others is way too relatable.

The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 2 Some tough but necessary training and a strengthened bond.

Free! Movie 1: Timeless Medley: The Bond (Film) A recap movie for the second season with a few new scenes here and there. It does its job and was decent overall, though I again realise that the part of the series I like the least is the dramatic moping in places. 3.5/5

Free! Movie 2: Timeless Medley: The Promise (Film) A retelling of Season 2 from Rin’s perspective. It gives more insight into Rin, Sosuke and the other Samezuka swimmers. This is certainly the stronger of the Timeless medley films due to the new perspective. 3.5/5

Free! -Take your Marks- (Film) An anthology film that fills in the gap between ES and the latest season that comprises of four short stories. They were all entertaining and the overall film was probably the second strongest of the films next to The Promise. 3.5/5

Tsurune ep 12
Tournament time and the guys have a hard time focusing.

Mob Psycho 100 s2 e2
Funny and creepy at the same time.

Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan ep 2
Different in both style and pacing compared to the first one. With only one, more introspective, scene taking up the 3 minutes. Watching a bit of the Q&A it was actually written by Mari Okada!

WATATEN! ep 2
Cosplay fun and rainy day games. The ED is just as good as the OP!

Last edited:
March comes in like a lion episodes 5-6

Tsuredure Children
(Rewatch) episodes 5-8

Yuki Yuna is a Hero episodes 10-12 (Complete) - I enjoyed it for what it was. The sound design, art and characters were good, the SoL elements were nice and the darker plot was pretty interesting. Sadly the show seemed to drag at certain points and Yuki Yuna was a disappointing MC. The other four main characters (especially the Inubozaki sisters) were better developed and got more of a focus while Yuki was just there I guess. She never really developed further than the usual magical girl MC archetype which is just disappointing. Hopefully season 2 makes better use of Yuki and has a stronger pace. 7/10

A Certain Magical Index III (English Dub) Episode 12

Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club (English Dub) Episode 9

Kakegurui×× Episode 2
Well... that explains the first episode. With this turn of events it looks like the gambling is about to get even more insane.

Kemurikusa Episode 2
Another decent episode. For now I'll stick with it just to see where it goes with the story.

Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 2
Settling in and adjusting to the era. Some house cleaning but with a 21st century twist.

My Roommate is a Cat Episode 2
Quiet but steady, just how I like my SoL anime to be. The pet shop scene was pretty funny.

My Roomate is a Cat episode 2
I really like this. Its a nice slice of life and like HWR, its probably more relatable than it should be.

Rising of The Shield Hero episode 2

Meiji Tokyo Renka episode 2
I actually preferred this episode over the first.

Bang Dream 2nd ep 3

Loving it! new girl is nice! other is girl is edgy.

The Promised Neverland ep 2

they sure talk a lot

The Quintessential Quintuplets ep 2

11/10.. Miku :3

Last edited:
Girly Air Force episode 2 Gripen and Kei bond. Still nothing special but it’s okay so far.

The Promised Neverland episode 2 A suitably eerie atmosphere this week, hopefully it’s maintained throughout the series.

Garden of Words (Film) An atmosphere drenched romantic drama with some great animation and a bittersweet but realistic ending. Kind of a shame it wasn’t longer but maybe it works best at the length it is. 4/5

Genius Party This is technically a project of seven shorts so I’ll individually rate them:
  1. Genius Party: Utterly bizarre and unique, quite unlike anything I’ve seen. What I got from it was something about sentient rocks developing relationships. Pretty cool though 3.5/5
  2. Shanghai Dragon: An irritating kid with snot constantly dripping from his nose discovers a powerful tool as an intergalactic fight draws near. This was alright, but not one I especially cared for as much. 2.5/5
  3. Deathtic 4: Weird and visually disturbing. The sheer awkwardness combined with the grotesque visuals and distinct though stiff animation is what made this so memorable. 3.5/5
  4. Doorbell: Having a double can be trouble. An alright short but nothing special. 3/5
  5. Limit Cycle: Very trippy, reminded me ab it of the film A Scanner Darkly. 3.5/5
  6. Happy Machine: Masaaki Yuasa brings us the story of a baby who wanders far from home and stumbles upon a bizarre selection of alien beings. It certainly carries his signature style and was pretty fun. 3.5/5
  7. Baby Blue: A poignant youth drama from Shinichirō Watanabe, a great way to end the first set of shorts 4/5
Overall Genius Party was an intriguing array of shorts, though some hit the mark and others not so much, but when it had strong ideas it really worked. 3.5/5

Genius Party Beyond I’ll rate the shorts in this project individually as well:
  1. Gala: A music driven segment about a seemingly giant seed that responds to music. The ending I’ll admit I didn’t see coming. 3.5/5
  2. Moondrive: Garish and mostly forgettable. 2/5
  3. Wanwa the Puppy: Visually unique but also forgettable 2/5
  4. Toujin Kit: I quite liked this, almost felt like it could take place in the GITS universe. 4/5
  5. Dimension Bomb: I barely knew what was going on but I quite enjoyed this short. 4/5
My thoughts on this are similar to the first project, there are some stories that worked better than others. It is a shame they haven’t made another one of these with some newer talent involved. 3.5/5

BanG Dream! Season 2 episode 3

The Promised Neverland episode 2

The Quintessential Quintuplets episode 2

Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend episodes 1-2

Tsuredure Children (Rewatch) episodes 9-12 (End) - Another favourite from 2017 featuring a fun cast and hilarious situations. 8/10

Inferno Cop episodes 1-5

Inferno Cop: Fact Files episodes 1-5

Last edited:
Goblin Slayer (English Dub) Episode 10.5

Dimension High School Episode 2

Girly Air Force Episode 2
An average episode. Some bonding between Kei and Gripen.

The Promised Neverland Episode 2
Another eerie episode, hopefully this is a weekly occurance. Some planning and more new faces appear.

The Quintessential Quintuplets Episode 2

The Rising of the Shield Hero Episode 1-2
Finally got round to watching this. I'm very impressed with these opening episodes and the adaption aswell, it's definitely way better than the manga. I'm definitely going to enjoy this and seeing how the story unfolds.

The Promised Neverland episode 2
Still don't get why it's so shocking and twisty, but someone pointed out on here how high the mouths seem to be placed on the characters faces. Didn't notice that last time but this episode the kids did seem a bit like totem poles on occasion.

Girly Air Force episode 2
It's okay - see if it picks up as it goes along.

Karakuri Circus ep 14
The attack concludes with a twist. Narumi is more machine now than man, twisted and... well not evil he just forgot about Shirogane and attacked her because he was told that she is really the Doll Francine, or at least has absorbed her in some way!?

The Promised Neverland ep 2
Plotting the escape, but are the adults on to them? Tense stuff.

Girly Air Force ep 2
A bit better than the first episode. We find out a little bit more about the AI girl and her problem and about the male MC. Some standard misunderstanding jokes in there and is probably going to be quite cliché, but I think this the first "girl is [insert military hardware here]" show I've watched.

The Quintessential Quintuplets ep 2
I see, getting the girls on board one by one. Two down, three to go. I hope some of the rest will be a bit harder to get, otherwise there'll be 7 episodes of them just studying.

think this the first "girl is [insert military hardware here]" show I've watched.
masotan-142499.jpg

Back