Your viewing journal

Tada Never Falls in Love (English Dub) Episode 12

Zombie Land Saga (English Dub) Episode 8

Anima Yell! Episode 11
Some more practice for the tournament. Choosing and designing new uniforms. Plus a reunion.

Himote House Episode 11
A visit to the bath house.

Mysteria Friends Episode 1
I'm definitely going to like this.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-san Episode 11
I really wasn't expecting that kind of first half, but still good stuff. Great second half, when you get customers like that it makes the job worthwhile. Getting customer calls like that must be so irritating.

Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club Episode 9
Some flashbacks into Minato and Seiya's past. Club meeting and group analysis. Plus some character conflict.

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight Episode 10

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Episode 1—2 (Uncensored)

Anima Yell! episode 11 Performing a seaside show and encountering some (identical) faces from the past.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 86 Is that a tragic backstory I see? This is definitely prime Naruto territory.

Double Decker!: Doug & Kirill episode 12 The plot thickens as the team braces for action.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-San episode 11 A rather different setting this week. Gotta love grateful customers too.

Tsurune episode 9 The team continue to make progress though some have things on their mind.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju episodes 1-13 (Complete. Intriguing and unique in being set in two different eras to tell the stories of individuals trying to make it in the art of Rakugo. It helps if you appreciate the style and I found it all suitably entertaining. The drama towards the end felt a bit overblown for me though, and it looks like Konatsu has inherited her mother’s worst aspects moving into season 2. That being said I’m looking forward to seeing where the story goes.) 4/5

Silver Spoon 2nd Season episodes 1-9

Last edited:
Back Street Girls: Gokudolls eps 8-10
Some amusing moments, but a lot of the "comedy" is either cruel or people just screaming stuff. The art was OK, but the animation was non-existent.
5/10

HIMOTE HOUSE ep 11
Never knew Crypto-Currency could be so sexy 😏

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc ep 10
Now that most definitely did not happen during the 100 Years War!

Tsurune ep 9
Great 🙄 Minato gets over his gloominess, but now Seiya is down in the dumps because he wasn't the one who helped him do it. Drama!

Honda-san ep 11
Weird first part. Relatable second part.

Golden Kamuy s2 e11
Man that was action packed. Sugimoto gains yet another scare, still can't die! Surprised they did the reveal right at the end and not do a cliffhanger ending.

Right caught up with Netflix's summer shows until High Score Girl comes out, so time to prep for next season by watching:
Mob Psycho 100 eps 1-3
Obviously there are some similarities with One Punch Man with it being the same mangaka, although he also drew this one and not OPM, so the style is different. The animation is also different, this being a bit more manic (Kill La Kill sprang to mind). Not quite sure on the story, although OPM also had a slow start and built and built.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 9

Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 8 (English Dub) Episode 1—13 (Complete)
Great series and the best season. They definitely saved the best for last, It had everything and more. I'm definitely going to miss this. 5/5 for me.

The Girl in Twilight Episode 12 (Complete)
A decent final episode. A decent show with a fun cast of characters and a very unique story premise. While the series did have its positive and negative moments it didn't ruin the plot. Art and animation wise was good especially with the fights. Overall a decent but an enjoyable show imo. 3/5

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 12
Some major planning and preparing for the uncoming fight. Plus some serious negotiating.

Tsurune ep 9

big reveal this week, not bad.

run with the wind ep 10-11

Some improvement on the times, somehow they are pulling more bath scenes than index s3. Felt really bad for the guy losing his girlfriend for working hard.

Slow Start ep 7

Eiko is so gay, nice. Such a heart-warming show, hana is a great lead.

Silver Spoon 2nd Season episodes 10-11 (Complete. This season focused more on Hachiken and Mikage’s relationship this time around, teasing it throughout and developing it in a way that tied into the overall farm-specific story. It was once again very enjoyable, though it doesn’t look like a Season 3 is on the horizon anytime soon.) 4/5

Sound! Euphonium episodes 1-13 & OVA/Specials 1-7 (Complete. A visually pleasing drama based around a school band, it manages to make the theme interesting, and thankfully the drama never feels too much-something that could easily have dragged the series down for me.

There are plenty of arguments and ups and downs throughout the season, but it never feels like padding, rather it’s a way for the characters to develop their personalities and drive the narrative forward. Season two appears to push the drama even further, so I’m hoping it works as it did here. The OVA and shorts were nice add ons, so I’m glad they were included with the release.) 4/5, 3.5.5, 3.5/5

Last edited:
Space Battleship Tiramisu Zwei episode 12
Am I the only one watching this? I like it but I very rarely see it talked about.

That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime episode 12
Still too predictable, but again mostly because of the spoilerific OP/ED

Space Dandy ep.1: Well I thought that was kind of brilliant. Very dumb but very fun. Gorgeous animation, looks beautiful with all those garish colours. I hope the silly charm doesn't wear off.

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 285

Pokémon the Movie: The Power of Us (English Dub)
Out of all 21 of the Pokémon films I've watched, I would say it certainly isn't one of the best but it definitely wasn't one of the worst either, overall I thought it was pretty average at best. The only downside it had was
the amount of main characters. 2.5/5

Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child! Episode 11

Jingai-san no Yome Episode 12 (Complete)
I can't really say much about this other than despite its short run time it was interesting show with its unusual but different cast of characters and a unique premise. Animation wise was average but nothing really spectacular. Overall it was ok at best but nothing great. 2/5

Ace Attorney 2nd Season (Dub) episode 32 The plot thickens as as a bandaged blackmailer isn’t as she seems.

Black Clover episode 63 Guess this is where Studio Pierrot’s animation budget went.

Jingai-San no Yome episode 12 (Complete. I can’t say this was a waste of time, rather a bizarre three minute excursion each week. I’ll give it props that given a longer runtime it could have been more fascinating.) 2.5/5

Tokyo Ghoul: re 2nd Season episode 11 This is basically what happens in the manga (asides from some strange choices here and there-as is the norm with this season it seems) but it feels so underwhelming in scale. You wouldn’t think that Tokyo got destroyed or anything.

That being said the key fights weren’t bad, Yomo vs Uta and Donato vs Amon were solidly adapted, though lacking in places-the latter was missing some important characters who watched the fight. However the fight against the taxidermy Owl as a setpiece seemed less the CCG and Ghouls Vs V and more Hirako versus Kaiko and some underdeveloped randos versus the main threat.

All in all a decent episode that lacked a certain stylistic flare (and animation budget) to make it more effective.

Space Dandy (Groovy Rewatch) episodes 1-20

Back