Your viewing journal

Happy Sugar Life episodes 7-12 (Complete) - Pretty interesting horror series with some seriously disturbing characters. Episode 9 was easily the standout episode with an ending that really established just how irredeemable a character Satou is. While it is an interesting take on the yandere theme the relationship between the two main characters was uncomfortable to watch so I doubt I'll revisit this series - 6/10

Three Leaves, Three Colors episodes 10-12 (Complete) - Another Kirara series finished! As with most Kirara series this was a pleasant watch with some great animation by Doga Kobo. The characters were pretty fun and provided some good comedy through the series. While the setup may not be the most notable it was still good fun and I wouldn't mind seeing a season 2 at some point - 8/10

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 12

Golden Kamuy Season 2 episode 11

Jingai no Yome-san episode 12
Contrary to other people on the forum, I can't say it was fascinating or interesting but can agree that it wasn't a complete waste of time as the time was quite short on a per episode basis. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody, it left too many questions unexplored (nevermind unanswered) like what happened prior to that making marriage to non-humans unsurprising.
Won't bother with a season two but I doubt it'll get one anyway.

Jingai-san no Yome eps 1-12 (complete)
Has an interesting premise of high schoolers having to marry youkai, but the shortness and lack of voice acting for said youkai means you don't get much of an actual story.
I could imagine this premise would make for a good SOL comedy. I'm sure it's probably has been done already though.
5/10

Fate/Stay Night: Heavens Feel 1 - Pressage Flower (Rewatch) - After all the bad reviews it got at SLA i had to rewatch it shame it is still my favourite film ive watched in the past year and easily in my top 5 anime films I know II and III Potentially will get n1 yeah its not for newcomers neither is Avengers Infinity War but I couldn't see anyone complaining about that.

CR:
Golden Kamuy Season 2:
episode 11 Ah the next episode will certainty be interesting.
That time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime: episode 12 Silly Gabiru...

DVD:
Soul Eater(Sub)-
episodes 25-28

Blu-ray:
Baccano! Specials 3/3(Sub,COMPLETE)
Very happy with the specials gets a 9/10 from me.

Golden Kamuy 2nd Season (Dub) episode 20 That’s a lot of locust. Also a revelation for Asirpa.

Rascal does not dream of Bunny Girl Senpai episode 12 The reason for Kaede’s various quirks is revealed, and it’s typically saddening to watch.

Space Dandy (Groovy Rewatch) episodes 21-26 (Complete. Still as groovy and as great as ever, though I do notice upon this third rewatch that there are two or three episodes that I don’t care for as much as the rest. They’re not bad or anything, but resonated less with me overall. That being said the variety and style throughout is what keeps me coming back, since there’s often little details that I’ve missed before.) 5/5

Sword Oratoria: Is it wrong to try and pick up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side episodes 1-12 (Complete. A fun side story that ran concurrent to the events of Danmachi, but told from the perspective of Ais. Considering that I quite liked that series it means that On the Side was also enjoyable to watch. The cast was fairly big though only a couple were developed beyond basic traits and their backstories could have been expanded more as well but overall I still had fun with this.) 3.5/5

3D Kanojo: Real Girl (English Dub) Episode 1-7

Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club (English Dub) Episode 5

As Miss Beelzebub Likes Episode 11
Another adorable episode. I liked the Alice in Wonderland reference.

Between the Sky and Sea Episode 12 (Complete)
This had a interesting premise about high school girls going fishing in space. Just a shame that the whole fishing side of it wasn't properly explained. The show itself IMO raised too many obvious unexplored questions (let alone answered ones). The series had its moments and the characters themselves were a fun lot who provided some good comedy moments throughout. Overall it was decent for the majority of it but enjoyable. 3/5

My Sister、My Writer Episode 10 (Complete)
Poor premise, Just your typical cliche series about a LN author trying to make their mark in the industry. Absolutely nothing really positive worth mentioning about this at all with the amount of problems it's had from the animation studio. Honestly it should have been canceled from day 1. 1/5

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Episode 12
The truth behind Kaede's condition and quirks is finally revealed, and my god that was emotional and tough to watch.

Banana Fish episode 24 The end-well not white it seems the anime didn’t adapt the epilogue part of the manga which is a shame. (Complete. An interesting story that started out as being very engaging but slowed down and sagged a bit during the middle portion of the story, with a fair bit of treading water and going in circles before the inevitable ending.

The core theme of Ash and Eiji’s relationship and the other characters was a strong point of the series, but it almost felt like the Banana Fish plot was left in the first half and the second mainly focused on keeping Ash alive. The ending also felt a bit lacking and abrupt, but that’s because the epilogue is missing, so hopefully they’ll animate that part in the future. Overall I did quite like this, but the first half was stronger than the second, hence my overall rating.) 3.5/5

Merc StoriA: The Apathetic Boy and the Girl who lives in a Bottle episode 11 More feels this week. A shame the series only has one episode left really.

Zombieland Sagas episode 12 A fun and heartwarming conclusion. (Complete. An idol anime with a twist. This was good fun, though I feel that it lacked the kick of the first few episodes once the idol plotlines became more prevalent around the middle part of the anime.

When that happened it sort of felt like the series was treading familiar ground but with an undead twist. The final few episodes managed to impress me though, and I liked how darkly humorous some of the backstories were. I’ll add this to the ever-growing list of “I want a season 2 of this” anime.) 3.5/5

Tenchi Muyo! GXP episodes 1-14

Mob Psycho 100 eps 7-9
After the first 6 established the characters and world the story has kicked in with the reveal of a shadowy group of bads.

Aggretsuko: We Wish You a Metal Christmas special (dub)
The Instagram stuff at the start was quite funny, but she was supposed to be hooked and be doing insane stuff for likes and I never really got a sense of that so it tailed off towards the end.
6/10

ZOMBIE LAND SAGA ep 12 (complete)
Good final episode. Thoughts elsewhere:
ZOMBIE LAND SAGA Episode 12/Series Discussion

Bunny-Girl Senpai ep 12
Sakuta is such a great onii-chan. Seems that day out solved Kaedes amnesia which was brought on by her bullying (and, I guess, the Puberty Syndrome which manifested as cuts and bruises) . Now Kaede is back to her old self she may not be such a bro-con!

A Certain Magical Index III (English Dub) Episode 9

Goblin Slayer (English Dub) Episode 8

Megalo Box (English Dub) Episode 2

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight (English Dub) Episode 8

Merc Storia: The Apathetic Boy and the Girl in a Bottle Episode 11
Another fun outing and more emotional feels.

Zombie Land Saga Episode 12 (Complete)
A fun final episode that quite literally "brings the house down" with a heartwarming finale and conclusion. This was a fun series with it's zombie idol setting and a fun cast of characters. Despite having a slow start and getting the groups goal finally set in stone the series finally began to pick up the pace. I also really liked how dark but hilarious each of the characters backstories were. Towards the end though, some of the episodes really stood out to me. Overall this was a very fun series that was a lot more enjoyable I would like to see a second season of. 3.5/5

Zombie Land Saga episode 12 (complete)
I really enjoyed this. For me its tied with Bunny Girl Senpai for anime of the season.

Banana Fish episode 24 (complete)
Started well, as HWR said they sort of forgot about the Banana Fish plot half way through, then it went in circles and made me care a bit less about the characters. Would not recommend.
Well I have just read the Banana Fish Epilogue and its broke me again. I wonder why it wasn't animated maybe they didn't want to predict what the world will be like in 2022.
Link? On Wikipedia it list volumes 18-19 as the epilogue and it pretty much describes the final episode.

Ulysses: Jeanne d`Arc And The Alchemist Knight episode 10.
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Master episode 10.
Release The Spyce episode 11.
SSSS.Gridman episode 11.

Skipped the recap episode for Goblin Slayer.

Zombie Land Saga episode 12 (complete)
I really enjoyed this. For me its tied with Bunny Girl Senpai for anime of the season.

Banana Fish episode 24 (complete)
Started well, as HWR said they sort of forgot about the Banana Fish plot half way through, then it went in circles and made me care a bit less about the characters. Would not recommend.

Link? On Wikipedia it list volumes 18-19 as the epilogue and it pretty much describes the final episode.
It’s at the end of the final volume it’s called garden of something.

Back