Your viewing journal

Crossing Time (episode 9)
Looking forward to next weeks now
Grimoire of Zero (complete)
Enjoyed it but it was a bit rubbish. I did like it though.

Eps 9 & 10 of Magical Girl Ore
Ep 8 & 9 of Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori
Eps 8 & 9 of Persona5 The Animation
Ep 9 of Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These (still waiting for Dusty to make an appearance apart from the OP/ED)

Last edited:
Casshern Sins eps 9+10
Only got to watch two episodes of this today, because something else unexpectedly arose.

But it's an excellent series; very satisfying to watch. And yet it was a toss-up whether or not I was even gonna buy it...

Casshern Sins eps 9+10
Only got to watch two episodes of this today, because something else unexpectedly arose.

But it's an excellent series; very satisfying to watch. And yet it was a toss-up whether or not I was even gonna buy it...
It quite often happens that the unexpected ends up being the most exciting ^^

Free - Iwatobi Swim Club - eps 4-8
There are some similarities to Sound!, other than the KyoAni connection, especially in the training aspect. Although I wouldn't say it follows the exact same path, obviously it's about boys swimming rather than girls who play in a band! The one big thing in this show that was only briefly touched upon in Sound! is the personal rivalry subject, although I really don't get what Rins problem is bar being a bad loser and jealous of Harus natural talent. Even after he finally beat him in a satisfying manner he was still all pissy. And boy are the trials tough, only first place getting through to the final. There must be a hell of a lot of swim clubs in the area for that to happen! Maybe there's more to it that's yet to be revealed, I wonder if his fathers death plays into it, but Makoto and Haru don't seem to know that the old man they talked about was linked with Rins fathers death.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-7
Lupin the Third Part 5 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-6

Black Clover episode 35 The fight rages on, and more shenanigans are afoot.

Tokyo Ghoul: re episode 10 One of the strongest episodes this season, they effectively conveyed quite a few key scenes, particularly Haise confronting Akira The animation seemed more fluid as well, and they adapted most of the scenes from the manga pretty well-including a shot that all but confirms that this isn't following the Root A continuity.

Yotsuiro Biyori episode 9 Reading some Shoujo manga and a sweet guy helping a friend, plus the return of Sui's bro.

The Slayers episodes 7-13

Last edited:
Tokyo Ghoul:re episode 10, definitely one of the better episodes this season and the callback to the manga was a nice addition. Shame there hasn't been much of a focus on Touka as a couple of her scenes have been cut out.

High School DxD Hero episode 8

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 2 episode 20, the final part with no dialogue was absolute gold

UmaMusume: Pretty Derby episode 11

Mitsubishi Mitsuboshi Colours episodes 1-5

Oh no, I thought I was watching a show about the paint shop in a car factory and instead I'm watching another cute slice of life. Oh no.

This is like a more lowbrow Yotsuba, it’s sating my thirst for something that’s just fun and pleasant. I think it was just the wrong time for me to watch LotGH, watching a show about ridiculous little girls harassing a policeman and making stupid puns* is clearly the level of maturity I can handle right now.

While I appreciate all the girls, Sat-chan running into the bakery and yelling “Do you have any crap? Is this the place that sells loaves no-one can eat?” while trying to solve a riddle (as the others slowly backed out of the frame) instantly cemented her as best Mitsubishi.

Needs more budget though. Sometimes it feels like I’m watching a slide show rather than an animation.

*This is the sort of thing that drives me to learn more Japanese because there’s no damn way those could be the same. But I almost spat out water at [the starving elephants] “died of peanut-rition” all the same.

Last edited:
Katana Maidens (Dub) Episode 18

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Dub) Episode 4.5

3D Kanojo: Real Girl (Sub) Episode 10

Amai Choubatsu: Watashi wa Kanshu Senyou Pet (Sub) (Uncensored) Episode 8 - 9

Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shobitch na Ken (Sub) (Uncensored) Episode 1 - 10 + OVA (Complete)

High School DxD Hero (Sub) (Uncensored) Episode 8

Is the Order a Rabbit?? ~Dear My Sister~ (Sub)

Love to Lie Angle (Sub) Episode 10

KADO: The Right Answer (complete)
I really enjoyed this series, at least up until the last 10 minutes. If you have to pause it to get your head around what just happened then they creators did it wrong. On another note, I like to have a few series running alongside each other with different tones - SoL, Sci-Fi, something more serious. This is a sci-fi, but one of the more serious ones in the same way as Terror In Resonance (whatever you think of it) focuses more on the characters and story than it does on panty shots and the main characters running to school late with toast in their mouth.
Worth a try anyway - 4/5 for me.

@ayase - I really like Mitsuboshi Colors, but I think part of the appeal for me was the fact that I could relate to it having done half that stuff myself with my gang when we were kids :) (although it did bring new meaning to the term "police harassment").

Mitsubishi Mitsuboshi Colours episodes 1-5

Oh no, I thought I was watching a show about the paint shop in a car factory and instead I'm watching another cute slice of life. Oh no.

This is like a more lowbrow Yotsuba, it’s sating my thirst for something that’s just fun and pleasant. I think it was just the wrong time for me to watch LotGH, watching a show about ridiculous little girls harassing a policeman and making stupid puns* is clearly the level of maturity I can handle right now.

While I appreciate all the girls, Sat-chan running into the bakery and yelling “Do you have any crap? Is this the place that sells loaves no-one can eat?” while trying to solve a riddle (as the others slowly backed out of the frame) instantly cemented her as best Mitsubishi.

Needs more budget though. Sometimes it feels like I’m watching a slide show rather than an animation.

*This is the sort of thing that drives me to learn more Japanese because there’s no damn way those could be the same. But I almost spat out water at [the starving elephants] “died of peanut-rition” all the same.

Glad you're enjoying it, Mitsuboshi Colours was definitely one of my favourites that season, and quite underappreciated. Sat-chan is indeed the best. Just wait until you get to episode 9, I was in stitches.

Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club - eps 9-12
The relationship between the guys ended the way I thought it would, but at the same time not quite in the way I thought it would. I thought they would end up friends and swim together again, but not to throw away their chance at nationals by swimming together in the competition. It sort of spoilt it a little bit for me even though it was quite moving, and I still didn't quite get what Rins problem was. It was good to watch a show with some bro-mance after all the CGDCT and other all/mostly girl centric shows I've seen.
8/10

Free! - Eternal Summer - eps 1-3
A new year at school and the club attempt to get new members and fail exactly the same as the girls in K-On!! did, hmmm. Also a new rival turns up. Episode 3 almost felt exactly the same as the Rei centric episode in the first season.

The Slayers episodes 14-26 (Complete. A fun little fantasy series that's aged fairly well. Am looking forward to checking out the other seasons in the future.) 3.5/5

Back