Your viewing journal

Zodiac wars 4-12
Was fairly enjoyable. Some of the deaths were a bit nonchalant but ending was definitely underwhelming.
especially the wish. I mean why just forget you could wish? He mentioned he didn’t like remembering the deaths so why not forget them whilst he’s at it? I took the wishing to forget that he had the chance to wish being just that, not the circumstances leading up to him being able to.

DARLING in the FRANXX (Japanese audio) - Episode 4
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (Japanese audio) - Episode 4
Junji Ito Collection (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
Violet Evergarden (Japanese audio) - Episode 4

Supernatural S13E12

"There is a 5th base?"

DARLING in the FranXX #1

It was ayt.

Kanaon 21-24

What madness is this a KyoAni show that had it's writing not implode? Well the ending was a bit too hammy but I felt like the show earned it. Some pretty good character writing in the show that sadly I feel is lacking in a lot of their shows. Kanon managed to main consistently good since #1 and this whole hazy memory thing is how you tease something not how they're doing Evergarden where every single plot point feels like a tease for something. Honestly I'd say this was a 10/10 but I need to settle first and gather all thoughts before making a final judgement.

Food Wars! S2E1

Hope this gets licensed in the UK soon....

Plan for tonight: Honestly probably nothing.

I gave up after the latest episode. Might check out the manga instead since it's supposed to be pretty good.
I find it even more annoying when there is a sub par anime and it turns out the source material is actually good, if the actual source was crap then it's like understandable.

I find it even more annoying when there is a sub par anime and it turns out the source material is actually good, if the actual source was crap then it's like understandable.
This is why I'm hoping Tokyo Ghoul: re is good, the source material is superb and though the anime likely won't live up to its quality it could still be a good adaptation.

I have Kanon on my watch list (it'll be a few months before I get to it on my backlog) I'm interested to see if I find the ending episode disappointing as well.

Please do share your thoughts when you get around to it.
I shall, I've gotten accustomed to writing short reviews of whatever I've completed, keeps me from getting lazy with my Journalistic skills (gotta get that degree somehow.) I should really compile them somewhere.

I shall, I've gotten accustomed to writing short reviews of whatever I've completed, keeps me from getting lazy with my Journalistic skills (gotta get that degree somehow.) I should really compile them somewhere.

You make me wonder how long some peoples compilations would be. Probably scary how much time some of us here have spent watching anime.

@Baggie_Saiyan glad to see your thoughts on Kanon reflect mine. Only really that last episode that lets it down. Would have been a more memorable show had it ended an episode earlier. So bittersweet!
My emotions were all over the place after that episode!! But since #23 said "finale" I treat #24 as basically a what-if and #23 as just that the true finale.
Makoto Fox was the perhaps the biggest loss for me she was fantastic man, I hated her at first but man once you got the truth it you begin to feel for her. Ayu was always my favourite girl and I always figured she died imo she still did disregarding #24. Also the memory suppression makes sense given his experience I was always wondering why or how they were gonna explain that.

I guess my only negative is how one by one the cast slowly got dropped after their resolutions, Makoto makes sense but I missed the Mei/other girl dynamic with MC and Ayu was missing for ages too. /

You make me wonder how long some peoples compilations would be. Probably scary how much time some of us here have spent watching anime.
Looking at my posts in the anime ratings out of 10 thread I'm shocked as to how much I watched in 2017.

Back