Your viewing journal

Ancient Magus Bride ep1

On first impression, this reminds me a lot of Roald Dahl's The BFG.

Overlord ep1

My expectations for this one were tempered somewhat by the GME Anime Fun Time podcast, but it's off to an interesting start.

Testament of Sister New Devil ep1

Please make it stop, mother.

'GIRLS UND PANZER MARATHON'
This is the Real Anzio Battle!
Finished. I enjoyed my marathon watch. So, did I read that there's supposed to be a further six installments to conclude the story? I feel like another marathon coming on...

Amagami SS Plus episodes 1+2
Just the two episodes per girl this time around, in this shorter sequel series to the dating-sim adaptation. I'll let y'all know if there's anything more to be 'learned' here. (Please, no.)

Violet Evergarden ep 4
With this and the last episode it seems to have settled on a formula of love of the week (as opposed to monster of the week). Last week being sibling love and this week unrequited love. With Violet being an impassive person observing the people she meets and slowly (very, very slowly) learning stuff.

Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles ep 5
More ramen facts and still no improvement on the characters personalities.

Yuru Camp△ ep 5
More relaxing moments and impressive scenery. Also that final scene was a very nice touch.
I'm glad I had my lunch before watching these last 2 shows, because the girls cooked up a storm in this as well. Might try the recipe for the meal Rin makes.

Love After Rain ep 4
It works! The first half was a bit awkward in that a male colleague basically blackmails Akira in to going on a date with him after finding out about her crush on Kondo and then steals a kiss. The second half is also awkward, but in a nicer way.

Finally sat down and watched another episode of Love Live Sunshine S2 - Episode 5 was quite nice, Riko and Yohane being the focuses was good, because they really are some of the better characters. Less Chika = better show. But honestly, i'm still run down with it. I think idol shows are a little too over-saturated at the moment, and i think just the idea that this still isn't deviating much from the original Love Live makes it harder to watch more than an episode at a time, and definitely couldn't sit through it as it aired. A bit of a shame, i had hoped for more, but i should've known this would be the case after S1. Oh well.

How to keep a Mummy episode 4 Gotta love how you can see characters' eyes through their hair. That aside seeing another cute monster is keeping the series interesting which is nice.

Miss Koizumi loves Ramen Noodles
episode 5 I'm glad to see some sort of character development from the titular MC acknowledging her friend's undying love, though it's very very slow moving.

Violet Evergarden episode 4 Probably the strongest episode for me so far, but I'm still not gripped by the series. Maybe it'll shift into gear in the next few episodes (maybe...)

Yuru Camp
episode 5 K-On camping continues to please. Probably one of my favourites of this season.

The Wind Rises (Film)
An interesting insight into the men behind Japan's fighter planes. Considering this was at one point Miyazaki's final film it seems fitting that it's one of the most poignant Ghibli films. It certainly isn't as family orientated as his other works and it's definitely one of my favourites. 4/5

Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler ep1

DUrWf9uUQAAo9sK.jpg:large

I find the Kakegurui faces work better in the manga and it’s probably my main factor why the manga is better.
Haven't seen it yet, popped up on Netflix for me last night but I chose to watch voilet evergarden as I have "polite" company until I've finished my shifts and my brother starts his. And well, because I'm a good boy and don't watch things with naughty faces *shifty eyes*

citrus #2

I actually watched this eating an orange haha.

CCS #2

I fell asleep part way though not cuz it was boring or anything I was sleepy before, I cannot stay up late like back in the Uni days, only 00.30am and I was struggling to make my eyes stay open! Miss the days of pulling 2.30/3am-ers no problemo with Friday morning off was perfect opportunity to stay up late.

Plan for tonight:
FRANXX #1, KANON#21-24, Evergarden #3-4 and Supernatural S13E12

Another Manga Force Collection title.

Shigurui: Death Frenzy eps 1-6
Story of 2 warriors in a rivalry for the leadership of a clan. Some disturbing/weird imagery and some cool action. Also some tense moments in the slower story beats.

_20180202_231747.JPG

Junti Ito Collection episode 5 (Dropped. A so-so set of stories this week, but after only one really solid episode so far I just can't be bothered to invest time each week into this.)

The World God only Knows
episodes 1-12 (Complete. This is a neat idea for a series and it was well executed. I've always enjoyed anime that have short arcs since they're a breeze to sit through. The MC and supporting cast here are all likeable enough, even if he is a miserable git-guess I can relate. I'm looking forward to watching season two.) 4/5

Ito collection 5 two stories for those with an irrational fear that the people they know have been replaced. souichi comes back for this one, fans think he muddied the first episode, but I really find him the satire of Ito's horror

kakegurui 1-3 what can I say about this one apart from "this is my resting orgasm face"

Back