Your viewing journal

Junji Ito Collection-Episode 4

At least this week had one slightly horrifying image. That puppet story was crap though.

Mitsuboshi Colours-Episode 4

You know, I do really like this show a whole bunch, but the animation this week was very lacking. Turned into a slideshow one too many times for my liking.

Citrus-Episode 4

*LESBIAN DRAMA INTENSIFIES*

Darling in the FranXX-Episode 3

Not to throw it under the bus too much because I did end up enjoying it a fair bit in the end, but Darling in the FranXX seems to be everything I wanted Kiznaiver to be. You have the underlying concept of a group of teens and the inner relationships but this time there's actually a plot and Trigger's trademark action. Really liking this so far, and with 2 cours, I have the feeling they're really going to capitalize on the screen time to really build up those relationships. Early on in Magus' Bride's run, I remember saying something along the lines of "This could end up as a well remembered classic", which I kind of regret in hindsight given my interest is rapidly declining of late, but I do feel confident enough so far to say that Darling in the FranXX, if it continues in the right direction, may become something quite fantastic. Now I just have to hope I don't have another regret in a couple of month's time!

Noragami eps 10-12 (complete)
Great series, I enjoyed the final battle.

Our Love Has Always Been 10cms Apart eps 1-3
Seeing as Love After Rain is still not working I thought I would catch up with this short SOL romance series from last season. A bit troupe-y with the "we both love each other, but too cowardly to tell each other and then things get in the way". The thing that gets in the way is different though predictable (the shock at the end of episode 2 is pretty obvious from earlier on in the episode).

The Eccentric Family episodes 1-13 (Complete. This is a quirky and fascinating series that delves into some rather interesting themes I.e Tanuki being eaten by humans but the Tanuki themselves eating animals and whether the viewer should empathise with the Tanuki and their situation- after all the story is told with them in a favourable light. There's also trying to understand why Benten is a messed up crazy b*tch and whether one should like or hate her character- I fall for the latter...

Overall I enjoyed how the anime mixed the whimsical and charming animation with imperfect and more grown up characters and topics. It made for an enjoyable watch. Bring on season 2.) 4/5

Kanon #12

One cour down and this show continues to be amazing, I am just so paranoid the second half won't hold up aswell, the fact writing on a KyoAni show is this good is a mighty miracle hope it keeps up. Ayu is deffo the best girl whenever she is on screen it is always a treat!

Death March #1

New season new in a video game show... again as usual the IRL stuff seemed the far more interesting aspect, ever since SAO craze these shows don't do it for me. And again age-ing down the character eurgh. I probably won't continue this.

Teasing Takagi #1

Fun. That is all you can ask for this type of show. I am in for this.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens #1

Ehh was okay, maybe give it another episode. Didn't think it did to well to intrigue someone for a first episode same problems I have with Violet Evergarden (still need to watch #3).

The Ancient Magus' Bride-Episode 16

Will this week's cliffhanger actually have plot impact? Find out next time! Maybe.

Gakuen Babysitters-Episode 4

I'm not sure if it counts as a running gag or not but Kotaro not being phased by anything always amuses me.

Mitchiri Neko-Episode 5

This show just gets more and more surreal every week.

Yu-Gi-Oh-Episode 25

I love how this anime has so much BS yet Teà winning a duel through her own skill is a line it refuses to cross.

Death parade 10-end

Glad to see this holds up well to a rewatch. Weren’t AL planning to do something special with this way back when?

And you thought there is never a girl online?1-7

It’s progressing ok I guess.

Basilisk the ouka ninja scrolls 1

Was looking forward to this considering basilisk in one of my favourite anime. So far I’m not feeling invested in well, anyone. It has time to make up for this.

Last few days

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1-10
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 1-7

After years of being been afraid of this series due to all the different viewing orders and hate towards the Endless Eight Arc, I finally decided to start this and I've been really enjoying it. Chronological order feels completely natural so far and I don't know if it's just because I had such low expectations going in but Endless Eight has actually been very interesting. Looking forward to the rest of the series and film!

Our Love Has Always Been 10cm Apart eps 4-6
More misunderstandings and ties up OK. I didn't particularly like that Miou had to wait 7 years for that first kiss!

Kokkoku ep 4
Juri continues to grow as a badass and a flashback suggests she will be even more powerful.

Karakai Juz No Takagi-san ep 4
Takagi continues the tease fest. It seems fairly obvious that she likes Nishikata and that's why she teases him so much, but he's completely oblivious.

Dagashi Kashi s2 e1 (dub)
Raised a titter, but not particularly funny. Season 1 started slowly mirth wise so hopefully it picks up a bit.

Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls episode 4 I'm honestly a bit lost in all this.

The Eccentric Family 2 episodes 1-12 (Complete. A fine continuation from the first season, maintaining the quality set whilst developing further certain relationships and plot developments. Interestingly I found that any confrontation between Benten and Nidaime made for a good scene, if only to see Benten get screwed with and how childish the both of them can be.

A problem I had with the overall series so far is that Benten as a character needs more development as to why her morals aren't fixed, and that the antagonists were kind of one note, which meant the plot seemed a bit repetitive from last season. Other than that this was another very enjoyable and fun set of episodes and whenever season 3 comes around I'll be sure to watch it.) 4/5

their working on a UE since Andrew wasn't happy with how FUNi's CE turned out iirc

Ooo, I'll definitely double-dip on a UE for Death Parade - a huge favorite of mine - Although not sure what was so disappointing with the Funi release - it got the cool elevator door style box opening and a very-rare-for-Funimation digipak with a really nice, full 4-panel illustration. and it got Death Billiards. Only detraction was just some art cards rather than an art book, but at least back then they were still packaged inside the box. Funi rarely does art books anyway.

Back