Your viewing journal

Discussion in 'General Anime Chit-Chat' started by Miaka-chan, Nov 1, 2006.

1. HWR

HWR Pokémon Master

Ms. Koizumi loves Ramen Noodles episode 2

Violet Evergarden
    episode 1

Yuru Camp
    episode 2

Sands of Destruction
    episodes 4-13 (Complete. A solid episodic fantasy anime based on a DS game. Though nothing amazing it managed to be entertaining enough, and the characters and story were decent.) 3.5/5

2. Professor Irony

Professor Irony Cardcaptor

Devilman Crybaby ep7-8

I know what's about to happen, but I'm willing it not to. Augh :(

3. Azar

Azar Dandy Guy, in Space

Depends what you mean by best looking. Personally, I'm still more impressed by the cinematography of Monogatari than I am by the prettiness of KyoAni's stuff.

4. Adam-M

Adam-M Dandy Guy, in Space

How To Keep A Mummy episode 1
    I liked this. It was a relaxed slice of life thing amusing in places. I feel like it had a similar tone to something else I couldn't quite put my finger on. Also, I suspect the mummy character will be used as an avatar by a few people on here ;)

5. Emulsion

Emulsion Thousand Master

Blend S episodes 10-12. (finished)
    Outlaw Star episodes 22-26. (finished)

6. D1tchd1gger

D1tchd1gger Vampire Ninja

Inyuashiki Last Hero eps 9-11 (complete)
    The battle between them was indeed quite epic even if the CG, especially of the city when they were flying around, was a bit lacking. He got to save his daughter who finally realised he existed, even if she was "dead" for a bit too long. And the both got a good end. Redemption for Hiro, even if he still doesn't deserve it. And a heroic sacrifice by Inyuashiki-San.

2 more episode 1s:

Love is Like After the Rain
    Seems like a sweet rom-com similar to Nozaki-Kun (in that he's completely oblivious), at least from the first impression.

Kokkoku
    I got Noein vibes. Time manipulation, some people who want to get a hold of it and (inter-dimensional?) creatures. Add a romantic element (see below) and it's very similar.

I know right, but the lyrics and the man that seems like he knows Juri in some way suggests a romantic element.

Professor Irony likes this.
  7. Patient-X

Patient-X Straw Hat Pirate

Persona 3: The Movie #4

8. HWR

HWR Pokémon Master

How to keep a Mummy episode 1

School-Live!
    episodes 1-12 (Complete. Wow, this was an experience. A sublime take on the zombie genre combining it with cute anime slice-of-life in order to create great drama with an impactful story and effective tone and set pieces. The soundtrack is also great, and I'm glad the Sentai PE includes it.

How each of the characters deal with their situation makes for an effective cast, especially Yuki and her delusions. The first episode perfectly builds up and subverts expectation, and the rest of the anime builds towards a solid climax and ending. Even a later episode that seemingly appears as fanservice actually leads to one of the series' crucial plot points.

I won't mention anything else since I think this is an anime that needs to be experienced without being spoiled. Overall this is a well made, highly effective and highly recommended drama.) 4/5

Neil.T and Jaysgba like this.
  9. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Death Scythe

I actually watched some anime today, literally for the first time since episode 8 of The Ancient Magus' Bride came out, whenever the hell that was (must be about 4 or 5 weeks).

Grimgar: Ashes and Illusions - Episodes 1-3 - I wanted to check this out to help me decide if I wanted to buy the Anime Limited set and tbh I'm still not sure after these 3 episodes, probably will though.

The Ancient Magus' Bride - Episode 9 - I like this quite a bit but gotta be honest, it really hasn't hit anywhere near the highs of the OVAs for me. I'll try catch up with the rest of the episodes tomorrow none the less as I do like it.

10. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Stand User

Blood+ Episodes 1-4

A fast paced first four episodes with two battles,and alot of questions already being asked/brought up.

The English dub is actually really good. No voice so far feels out of character. Couple of characters have a forced accent, but other than that its very watchable as a dub.

The soundtrack by Hans Zinner and Mark Mancina while it doesn't stand out that you take instant notice of it due to blending into the scenes well when you take a moment to purposely listen for it its a great soundtrack that really adds to the scenes.

Gemsy-chan likes this.
  11. Girls wIth Guns

Girls wIth Guns Dandy Guy, in Space

Is this your first-ever viewing of Blood+, Lamba? If so, enjoy! One of the first anime series I ever watched, and still one of my favorites!

I re-watched Ancient Magus' Bride with my oldest daughter, I wanted her to see it before she leaves to go back to college on Sunday after Christmas break. We watched eps 6-9 last weekend, and 10-13 tonight, so she's caught up.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 5:07 AM
  12. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

How the hell did they con Hans Zimmer into doing an anime soundtrack?!

13. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Stand User

Alot of money. Apparently the Blood+ Project made Mark Mancina a anime fan.

I watched it illegally when I was younger around when it aired, but its been so long I really can't remember anything other than it was good.

14. Adam-M

Adam-M Dandy Guy, in Space

Ms Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles (ep 2)
    It made me hungry again :(

15. D1tchd1gger

D1tchd1gger Vampire Ninja

4 more 1st episodes:

Beatless
    Arato meets kick ass female android (who's also good at domestic chores) and she asks him to be her master. I guess that is similar to Chobits, although I've only seen 2 episodes of that so don't know the full story.
    But where as Chobits seemed a comedy to me, Beatless seems a bit more serious in that there are 4 other kick ass female androids, possibly made by the boys father, and one of them has already tried to kill the boy!

Killing Bites
    Yuuya gets mixed up in the Killing Bites battles after meeting Hitomi in unusual circumstances.
    Seems like Juni Taisen (but trashier), in that people representing animals fight to the death as people bet on the battles. But most seem to be sexy females that are hybrids, but when they transform their female "assets" stay human and are covered by very little! Also seems like Yuuya is going to get a harem including a hunnybadger, a cheetah and a rabbit! (I can't see her winning many battles unless she's related to Rabbit from Juni Taisen or the Rabbit of Caerbannog ;))

Märchen Mädchen
    Hazuki manages to find herself in a realm where magic exists.
    Magical girl show with fan service (example MC is naked and has to run around with just a book to cover herself. It was used twice in the OP!)

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
    We get introduced to every character in the show in the first episode and there's loads of them. A detective, a PI, and loads of different hitmen inc. a cross dresser, a hot chick, massive Russian, and a father and young daughter(?) pairing. All a bit confusing.

That's it for 1st episodes apart from Darling in the FranXX. I give all, err, lost count actually, series a 2nd/3rd episode before dropping stuff. Got plenty of time next week as I'm off work.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 1:19 AM
  16. Sunshineabove

Sunshineabove Student Council President

Violet Evergarden - Ep 1
    Devilman Crybaby - Ep 2
    Killing Bites - Ep 1
    Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody - Ep 1
    Record of Grancrest War - Ep 2

17. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Bah! Saturdays are so busy for simulcasts now!

Junji Ito Collection-Episode 2

Whilst not as weak as last week's abysmal start, this show is really suffering from a poor art style. Imagery that I imagine was genuinely unnerving, unsettling or scary in Ito's original manga is rendered laughable and sloppy in the hands of DEEN. I don't know if Ito's style is just too hard to copy into animation, hence the total lack of Ito adaptations before now, or DEEN is just doing a crap job. I'm still going to stick with this for the time being, the anthology format makes it more bearable because at least the stories are short and varied.

Dagashi Kashi Season 2-Episode 1

Bah! What happened to the art style?! This was just kind of bleh. It wasn't funny and the change in studios has done the animation no favours. Prime candidate for being dropped, although it being half length episodes makes me less likely to do so.

Citrus-Episode 2

More glorious, lesbian trash. I love it. Glad they got rid of the straight love interest early on, that really bogged down NTR and I was afraid for a moment they were going to go down the asshole boyfriend route with this too.

Darling in the FranXX-Episode 1

I'm really into this! It was a little too ecchi in places for my liking (Protag meeting the girl naked troupe is one of my pet peeves) but Trigger's signature style and lovely fluid animation, not to mention the unique looking setting/world means I really enjoyed this. Seeing mecha animated in this style was giving me warm and fuzzy Gurren Lagann flashbacks.

Pop Team Epic-Episode 2

Man, I'm not even sure I can call this anime any more. It's just wild in how experimental it is. I can see why some hate this with a fiery passion, but I adore it personally.

The Ancient Magus' Bride-Episode 14

Talk about a disappointing cliffhanger resolution. I don't know if it's just me, but this series has kind of dissapointed me a bit. I was honestly expecting a story (which I thought was starting finally with last week's cliffhanger) but I'm just not getting one. Don't get me wrong, the character stuff is fantastic, but I much prefer something more story driven, or a balance of both, so this being more character driven is making me lose interest. There's this really cool world and lore that's been established and it feels like it's being kind of wasted by all the characters essentially doing nothing in it.

Black Butler: Book of Circus-Episodes 9 and 10 (Complete)

I am abundantly happy that Black Butler finally got a chance to shine. After a mixed first season, and a totally filler second season that I skipped, this third outing is all killer, no filler, and it really shows. The mystery is interesting, the antagonists are morally grey, interesting and sympathetic, whilst Ciel is shown as being as equally ambiguous, which is rare considering he's the hero. The action and animation were both fantastic, and the same goes for the score. I honestly really loved this and I'm eagerly awaiting Book of Murder to arrive in the post to watch!

orgun likes this.
  18. HWR

HWR Pokémon Master

Darling in the FranXX episode 1 Alright Trigger impress me again.

Ito Junji: Collection
    episode 2 Still meh. I looked at the manga art and this just seems lacking.

Pop Team Epic
    episode 2 My weekly dosage of sh*tpost anime

The Ancient Magus' Bride
    episode 14 I really don't care for the new OP at all.

School Rumble episodes 1-5

orgun likes this.
  19. BanzaiJedi

BanzaiJedi Pokémon Master

Blame!. Not quite what I was expecting, but an enjoyable enough sci-fi adventure. If more of these movies are made then I'll certainly be interested in watching them.

ClassicaLoid s2 ep 10.

Full Metal Panic s1 ep 1-8. Eh, I'm not really feeling it. There's nothing here that I haven't seen many times before, but given it's prolific status maybe it's been imitated so much that over time it has become a victim of its own success?

Garo: Vanishing Line ep 9-10.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ep 1. The characters are sufficiently charming that I'm kind of enjoying this, even though the humour is very simple.

Overlord s2 ep 1. More of the same, which is a good thing.

Violet Evergarden ep 1. My Netflix sub is SD only, so the pretty visuals are slightly lost on me. But the story has plenty of interesting potential, so I'll be watching this with interest to see where it goes

Yowamushi Pedal: Glory Line s4 ep 1.

20. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav The Eagle-Eyed Member Moderator

After the Rain (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
    Killing Bites (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

[​IMG]