Your viewing journal

Ooo, I'll definitely double-dip on a UE for Death Parade - a huge favorite of mine - Although not sure what was so disappointing with the Funi release - it got the cool elevator door style box opening and a very-rare-for-Funimation digipak with a really nice, full 4-panel illustration. and it got Death Billiards. Only detraction was just some art cards rather than an art book, but at least back then they were still packaged inside the box. Funi rarely does art books anyway.
Andrew hates the elevator design that’s why it’s been hell

Kanon #13-17

This show is frustrating... It's frustrating because it's so GREAT. Which means the greatness will eventually come to an end :(

I need to savour these remaining episodes. Try and not watch any today, catch up on simul's.

And you thought there is never a girl online? 8-end

Can’t say I felt anything for anyone in this but seeing their antics was fun enough. like when they siege the castle only to get betrayed

After the Rain ep 3 (finally)
After getting a painful reminder of what she's missing in not being able to run any more
Akira confesses again and again. At the third time Kondo gets it and he is at once nostalgic at the feeling, but also cautious. Any other reaction, like instantly being keen on the idea, would have seemed a little creepy. Some really nice animation in this episode as well.

A Place Further Than the Universe ep 5
Running out of words to praise this show. This time the nearest they get to an antagonist is revealed in the person of Mari's jealous friend Megumi who has been trying to throw a spanner in the works from the start (the clues are actually there, but I never thought about it much). But Mari gets over the final hurdle and forgives her friend as well.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero - Hero Chapter eps 1-7 (complete)
Episode 1 was a recap whilst the rest dealt with the repercussions of the events. Hardly any battles in this series compared to the first and the prequel chapter, but lots of melodrama and tears, and a fairly confusing ending. Something about Yuna having to sacrifice herself to/marry a god to save humanity, but only the most spiritual ones who turned into wheat to live along side the god. But her friends rejected this and helped her defeat the big bad, along with the help of the spirits of the heroes that came before, and in the process destroy the god, I think. Happy ending (sort of).

And you thought there is never a girl online? 8-end

Can’t say I felt anything for anyone in this but seeing their antics was fun enough. like when they siege the castle only to get betrayed
I found all the in game stuff boring but the IRL stuff I thought was pretty interesting and fun.

Black Clover episode 17 Some decent battles, still feels lacking though.

Overlord II
episode 4 That end scene was great, even if the cgi was ropey

The Princess and the Pilot (Film)
This was a decent animated feature with some great visuals and action. The film doesn't try and put too much detail into the plot and instead focuses more on the visuals and character interactions. It isn't great but is overall an enjoyable film. 3.5/5

The Red Turtle (Film)
Well this was something special, sometimes the simplest films can be the most effective. This is a great example of this, as the plot itself is uncomplicated but rich in its execution. Animation as a medium is really taken advantage of here to bring gorgeous visuals and a touching story. This was a film I blind bought on Amazon since it was mispriced at £8, and boy am I glad I went for it. 4/5

What I can recall from a few days off work:
Db super 125 this is helping the weak, this is protecting the innocent, I like to call it justice. And this is even further beyond! Sorry to keep you waiting. hakai!
Your lie in April 1-11 heard this is a feels train but I didn't have a high opinion of it. Might come back to edit this with a spoiler tag for those who live reading fault finding rants
RWBY volume 5 really surprised at this volume, after the late series creator passed away the series wasn't the same, the big fighting scenes weren't as impressive and the last two books ended on a low note with characters either losing everything or not moving on, in comes volume 5 with a clear visual upgrade and big fights almost as impressive as the first two volumes. With many episodes being full length and how it ended, I would recommened people start watching now, would have been tough to say that with volume 3 or 4
Little witch academia complete because trigger. It's always because trigger. It seems to start as something new for them but then it triggered all over the place, leaving a trigger brand mess everywhere, hey at least the only real "fanservice" is that sucy is a fan fave even by the 3 ep rule
Darling in the Franxx 1-3 did I just say trigger? Because yea. They prematurely triggered here. Totally calling that zero two's piloting position is totally different to the other girls
Claymore because my bluray player now knows the discs off by heart and the manga volumes are becoming worn out. I know the names and numbers of 47 women, unfortunately not phone numbers

EDIT forgot to add a few more things

got your name and a silent voice in the week and I can see why people have such high regard for them, I'd have to say though your name had a better twist where I couldn't feel my feels, but a silent voice only had like one moment of that, the choice to follow the male lead's depressing issues risks making the viewer apathetic, I certainly enjoyed moments working on issues other than his

Miss Kobayashi ep 14 with a bellowing "I want more" human sacrifices were led into the direction of a hungry kanna - chan

Last edited:
Magus Bride #13

New cour and tbh I was distracted by the football to even pay attention much, seemed slow episode anyway.

Katana Maidens #2

Okay this show is actually... pretty good. I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. Surprise of the season maybe?

Kanon #19

Episode sums up the emotions of the show perfectly.

Horrible Bosses

I absolutely love this movie, never fails to make me laugh! When Dale goes on about the briefcase that always crack me up!!

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 43 Hmm, wonder how many more slice-of-(ninja) life episodes they'll be making before the main plot progresses? I like them fine but I want to see the beginnings of what led to the future foreshadowed at the beginning.

The Troubled life of Miss Kotoura episodes 1-12 (Complete. Well damn that's one way to start an anime. This is a comedic anime that is often laced with melancholy, hence the title. Her suffering and struggles of acceptance are endearing, as is the overall cast...aside from the perverted grandfather that is. The themes of bullying here are also dealt with well, and the balance between drama and comedy is effective also.

Structure-wise the story starts being rather dramatic, moves onto SOL and then deals with a murder mystery arc, before resolving in a satisfactory manner- it all works nicely. Overall I really enjoyed this, and since it's on Crunchyroll I recommend checking it out.) 4/5

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Both Seasons
Finally finished with part 3. When I began Stardust Crusaders I wasn't sure if this would really live up to the sheer madness of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency due to the change in format. I thought it would get repetitive with them going from location to location, fighting the stand user of the week and yet somehow it really didn't feel that bad. It kept that trademark bizarreness and unpredictability I came to expect and expanded on it. The art and sound design worked really well and the music this season fit perfectly. An all round well done series from David Production.

Back