Your viewing journal

Noragami eps 4-9
This is great so far, not turned out quite as I suspected. The whole business with Yukine is very profound.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens ep 3
Getting better now the plot has, seemingly, revealed itself and its concentrating on the 2 MCs more.

Citrus ep 4
More mix messages from Mei, but she seems to have serious abandonment issues and her childhood friend turning all yandere probably isn't helping!

Darling in the FranXX episode 3 So when is Hiro going to get in the damn robot? Story wise, I appreciate that he had to make a decision which ultimately saved his comrades and it also meant smug d*ckheadMitsuru got hurt, so it's not all bad but c'mon anime stop with the foreplay already.

Pop Team Epic
episode 4 More randomness. Not sure why I'm still watching but it keeps me coming back each week. Maybe it's the catchy OP...

The Ancient Magus' Bride
episode 16 A Christmas-like story a month too late? At least it did some world-building and developed some side characters. I quite enjoyed it actually.

Terror in Resonance episodes 4-11 (Complete. This is a very decent thriller, with a brilliant soundtrack (wish it was included with with the UE.) Something about the combination of Shinichiro Watanabe and Yoko Kanno just seems to work, at least visually and soundtrack-wise.

However, this is a story where the ending and outcome for the characters is rather predictable, which is a flaw the anime can't really avoid. I also found the overall cast a bit bland, and Five a pretty underwhelming antagonist. Overall this was still a very worthwhile watch, though it does have flaws which drag it down.) 3.5/5

The Comic Artist and his Assistants episodes 1-12 (Complete. A funny series of short episodes I found browsing Crunchyroll. I can recommend this as a great comedy anime.) 4/5

Last edited:
Drifters 2-12
Very much enjoyed this. Isn’t this one of the ones universal said they’d be releasing over here?
IIRC yes, but since Universal have fallen silent about their upcoming anime releases who knows if it'll become a reality.

IIRC yes, but since Universal have fallen silent about their upcoming anime releases who knows if it'll become a reality.

That is a fear I have. Can only hope that they will still continue with the release or if not they’ll hand it off to someone who will.

Berserk, the universal one.

Another fantastic addition to the franchise. Thoroughly loved from beginning to end. If this is the caliber of what we could have expected from universal it really does seem a shame that they haven’t actually y’know put these out yet.

Another fantastic addition to the franchise. Thoroughly loved from beginning to end. If this is the caliber of what we could have expected from universal it really does seem a shame that they haven’t actually y’know put these out yet.
Are you referring to Berserk 2016?

There has to be hidden sarcasm here if your talking about Berserk 2016 (Aka the awfully produced 3DCGI anime)

Fwiw, I maintain that the only thing wrong with Berserk 2016 was the CGI - otherwise, I felt it was a fine adaptation and some of the action direction was really rather good.

Fwiw, I maintain that the only thing wrong with Berserk 2016 was the CGI - otherwise, I felt it was a fine adaptation and some of the action direction was really rather good.
Agreed, the animation is the only thing that really drags it down, which is why I appreciated that they cleaned up some of the more jarring moments in 2016, and I hope they do when 2017 gets released on Blu Ray. Adaption-wise it isn't bad at all- nothing would top the manga anyway.

Back