Your viewing journal

Blood Lad (English dub) - Episodes 9-10 (Complete)
Blood Lad EX: I Am Not A Cat (English dub) - OVA

Quite enjoyable, though it had the 'Read the manga' cliffhanger which will make or break folks.

O88fY55.gif

November on-disc backlog progress is complete:

#01 | The Tatami Galaxy
#02 | Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
#03 | Space Dandy Season 2
#04 | Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine
#05 | Serial Experiments Lain
#06 | Gonna Be the Twin-Tail!!
#07 | The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
#08 | Tokyo ESP
#09 | Love Live! School Idol Project Season 2
#10 | Blood Lad

New Game! eps 4-6
Some of this seems to be an instructional video on how to be an upstanding Japanese employee. But it's a cute and quite funny series so I'll let it off that subtext.

Inuyashiki Last Hero episode 8

Ghost in the Shell Arise- Alternative Architecture
episodes 9-10 and Ghost in the Shell: The new Movie (watched these together since they form one narrative. The overall story is very solid, and serves as a good conclusion to the Arise series. Interestingly, the movie ending leads into the beginning of the original film, which is pretty sweet. Overall the Arise series has its highlights, and I hope we get another GITS series in the future.

Also Favourite moment: *Togusa shoots an enemy and leaves it incapacitated* "Hey, I'm actually useful" *enemy recovers and resumes firing, Togusa looks resigned as he hides behind the tachikoma*) 3.5/5, 4/5

Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex (Rewatch)
episodes 1-4 These manga discs suck, they were too cheap to label the discs properly. This series really deserves a Blu Ray release, preferably in non Wanchor Bay Format.

Inuyashiki ep8

Not that it wasn't kind of amusing, but this week's little vignette about Mari felt a bit tonally out of place, given Hiro's continued onslaught. I wonder if it was moved from a different place in the manga.

Also calling it: Ichiro and Hiro sacrifice themselves to destroy the asteroid, Mari writes a manga about it, Ando gets to date her because he's the only one who knows it's a true story. The end.

Unfortunately, I don't speak any French except for the few phrases I learned while vacationing in Quebec, Canada 25 years ago... :confused:
The Japanese sets have the English Dub, although just three months after I finally broke down and bought them, the gorgeous Korean lenticular LE sets were released, which have both English Dub and Sub. I'm a strict sub-only viewer, so I was unmercifully "forced" into re-purchasing both series immediately, lol...

Anyway, Back on topic, I guess I forgot to post up that I did watch earlier this week:

Ancient Magus' Bride ep 8
Kino's Journey: The Beautiful World ep 8
Made in Abyss ep 4-5

Last edited:
Love Lab (episode 1)
Only watched the first episode but it felt very generic and more of the same. Does anyone know if it's worth sticking it out or is it just a bit meh?

Terror in Resonanance 1-2 (English dub)

Yesterdays talk about the show had me so itchy to rewatch it and upon consideration I was shocked to realized that, despite owning it five times over, I have only watched it twice so far. (Once Japanese dub, once German dub.) At least that's twice as a full run not accounting for the fractal inifities I have had spent on looping select scenes and even more footage used in AMVs.

And I still really find it a pleasant coincidence, that one of my all time favorite anime title has a cameo for one of my all time favorite Manga titles (Pandora Hearts) in there~

New Game! complete
Very sweet series almost saccharin, but characters have enough about them to keep it from being over the top.
_20171201_222820.JPG

Compared to Shirobako it's not as wordy or jargon-y, but like I said earlier probably less realistic in terms of representing a work place. Talking of, I'm sure the shop Do Do Donuts is a nod by New Game! to Shirobako.

footage used in AMVs
For your own projects or ones you've watched?

Last edited:
For your own projects or ones you've watched?
The ones I watched. Which were... a lot. Hyouka still beats them all when it comes to being used for AMV footage, but ZnT is pretty high up, too. Those I liked got into myriads of loops, too. 11 episodes is just a bunch of time, but a <5min AMV gives of a sample of the same taste to satiate some thirst from time to time.

New Game!! eps 1-3
A new year starts. There's some actual drama when Yagami-san gets upset/jealous when her design get rejected and Aobas is picked out. Also it's a shame that there were no kouhai for Aoba, although there are 2 no characters in the OP not introduced yet.

Girls' Last Tour ep 1
Intriguing stuff, hope we find our what lead up to them starting the journey (and that they actually have a mission).

Had some time during my break so thought I'd check out the HiDive app, this show is one of the free ones dispite being the current season.

App works fine, but the first ad interrupted the opening a bit, I assume it's supposed to go after the OP, but this episode didn't have one. Would have preferred the ad to be right at the start, it was also for a Sentai CE so not much use to me.

At the end there is a massive countdown box for the next episode that you can't cancel and would get in the way of any ED/post credit sequence! This episode only had scrolling text credits so it didn't effect my viewing this time.

The Ancient Magus' Bride episode 9

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond
episode 9

Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex (Rewatch)
episodes 17-26 (Complete. This was still as superb as I remember it being. The overarching Laughing Man plot is great, and the Stand alone stories are varied and fun. The highlight for me was Jungle Cruise, so dark and gritty. Even the cutesy Tachikoma-centric episodes are solid. This franchise has such a great cast of characters, Batou and the Major are two of my top 10. They all get a chance to shine here. Overall this is one of my all time favs) 4.5/5

Back