Inuyashiki Last Hero (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
Juni Taisen: Zodiac War (Japanese audio) - Episode 6
King's Game the Animation (Japanese audio) - Episode 6

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Inuyashiki episode 5

Attack on Titan: Junior High
episodes 10-12 (Complete. This was a pretty funny series that constantly pokes fun at the over-the-top aspects of the core series, whilst giving us some what if scenarios between the characters, who all look ridiculously goofy and cute.) 3.5/5

Berserk Golden Age Trilogy: The Egg of the King/The Battle for Doldrey/The Advent (Decided to rewatch the Berserk films since I've been playing the PS4 game. They're pretty good adaptations, though I still prefer the 97 series, despite its shortcomings in the animation department. Speaking of animation, the cgi here can be pretty ropey, and it had a bigger budget than Berserk 2016/2017 too, but the implementation of 2D is done more effectively.

For me though, the story feels somewhat rushed and character development is also, due to the limited running time. The original allowed for more overall development. That being said it's still a solid trilogy if you want a recap, but I'd recommend watching the 97 series first.) 3.5/5, 3.5/5, 4/5

Black Lagoon (Rewatch)
episodes 1-9

Shadow Cat

Thousand Master
Finally started The Ancient Magus' Bride (TV)

At this point I'm happy I watched the OVA first as it gives some info into the background of the series and has some good point in episode 1, but we will see if it spoils the series.

orgun

Death Scythe
Invincible Superman Zambot 3 - Episodes 1 - 3

I'm re-watching this ahead of a new project, more details of which to come later in the year, but so far I'm reminded why I like this show so much.

Twocar - Episode 1

Admittedly I'm watching this because it's motorsports related (my other passion alongside anime) but I really don't know what to make of it based on this first episode!!!

Neil.T

Time-Traveller
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia episodes 5–7 (rewatch)

+ episodes 1+2 with Japanese commentary. Okay, so whose idea was it to do a commentary track for every single episode, using just the main Japanese voice actress by herself talking about the show and reading Twitter comments? Hmm...

D1tchd1gger

Shinki
Hellsing Ultimate Vol III
Seems to be a different problem in each OVA, with the main plot moving very slowly each time.

_20171110_203248.JPG

Kokoro Connect (sub) eps 1-4
Body swap show, but among a group of 5 rather than 2 people. Seems to be a plot device to generate drama rather than comedy, but there are a few laughs. Always takes me a while to get names down and the body swapping made it a bit more difficult, but I think I'm there now. Next episode sounds intriguing.

Band of Brothers ep 1-2
Now on Sky box sets, I missed it when new, but did see The Pacific. It was hard to get used to David Schwimmer as a hard ass Captain after knowing him as Ross all this time.

crashmatt

Death Scythe
C control (complete) - This series deserves credit for trying new ideas but they never seemed to mesh very well. In one part its battle shounen and then another we have economics and the power of money. Not an awful series but the end was very ambiguous never really feeling resolved. 6/10

Samurai Champloo eps 5-10 - This series is really fun, I love the characters and its extremely well animated and super fluid in fight scenes. I can see myself picking up a copy at some point. I think this is the first Manglobe show I've liked.

Just Because ep 6

Recovery of an MMO Junkie ep 6

Girls last tour ep 6 -
Probably the strongest episode so far, really good

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Black Lagoon (Rewatch) episodes 10-24. (Complete. A superb action series with great characters and set-pieces, built upon the foundations of violence and brutal crime. It's very thought provoking at times and is one of my top 10 anime. I'm happy to see the manga is picking up slowly so maybe there'll be another season eventually. Now I need to watch Roberta's Blood Trail...) 4.5/5

Last edited:

Shadow Cat

Thousand Master
Plastic Little

Really enjoyed watching this OVA, Animation was well done and loved the designs. Also a nice level of Cel drawn nudity, Guess I can say that ;)
7/10 (8/10 for artwork)

Black Magic M-66

On the same DVD as Plastic Little was Black Magic M-66. Terminator meets anime? Some great action from this one. While I do think the droid designs could have been a little better, still non-less a good watch
6/10

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
Eureka Seven-Episodes 35 and 36

So tomorrow is the last day of the Early Bird for the UE and I'm still kind of on the fence about if I want it or not...

Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2-Episode 6

W E L C O M E T O H E L L Z O N E

Blend S-Episode 6

The Ancient Magus' Bride-Episode 6

Hmm, this week was slow even by this show's standards. Oh, and someone give that fairy lady a better fitting dress. I'm pretty sure the only thing keeping her chest in was sheer force of will.

Reactions: HWR