Your viewing journal

Girls' Last Tour eps 2-3
More little stories of two girls wondering around the post-apocalypse. Just more questions so far.

Can't sleep, but can't be arsed to put TV and PS4 on, so watched more of this on my phone.

Hokuto No Ken (Rewatch) Episodes 17-22 (end of the Shin arc) Despite the huge changes in this arc to the canon stuff it's still tremendously enjoyable olf school fun. I really love the last 2 episodes of this arc.

ZZ Gundam Episodes 17 and 18. Still enjoying ZZ a lot. despite some real silliness in these episodes some of the character interactions are gold. Seeing Bright trying to deal with his smitten deputy captain is very entertaining indeed :)

Also still working my way through Invincible Superman Zambot 3 with Orgun in preparation for "the project".

Also watched a few non-anime shows: The Punisher (episodes 3 to 8) and Mr Robot Season 3 (episodes 1 to 6). Punisher isn't going quite down the route I thought it would but it's good nonetheless, I like Jon Bernthal's quite human portrayal of the character though there are some silly continuity errors and odd plotting decisions, solidly entertaining though and I like how it deals with some serious real world issues among all the conspiracy stuff.

Mr Robot is as great as ever. Because it's such a serious and dark show sometimes the humour really catches me off guard. One thing I never expected to see in this show (or any show ever) was someone talking about why Knight Rider was a much better TV show than Frasier :D

Over the Weekend:

Streaming:
Ancient Magus' Bride 9
Natsumi's Book of Friends 1-6

Sunday evening, in the theater room, with my mom, the next-door neighbor couple, and a friend:
RWBY V5C8
Noir 21-25 (end)
Death Parade 1-4

Sister #6
Again surprisingly fun show hasn't lost me yet, though could do without this cliché threeway love subplot...

Anime Gataris #6
Fun again nothing too underlining and again could do without a love subplot

Konohana Kitan #6
This is probably my favorite show this season, ahhh I love the characters so much.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex 2nd Gig (Rewatch) episodes 17-26 (Complete. Stronger than the first in terms of lthe overarching plot and dividual episodes, this is just a brilliant series) 4.5/5

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence I'd never watched this, despite having owned it for a while. It's a very interesting film, and it's decidedly very different from its predecessor. I liked the focus on Batou and Togusa, and the plot, though a little stacked is also engaging. Like GITS the film has superb animation and a great atmosphere. 4/5

Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society A very solid conclusion to the SAC series (I'd love to see more but it's doubtful) The ending and it's implication were rather interesting, and the story and characters were as good as ever. 4/5

New Game!! eps 7-9
Aoba gets to be a senpai, but it might not be all it's cracked up to be.

Girls' Last Tour eps 4-6
Still don't know much about the world of GLT, but they've met a couple of people along the way. I do like their interactions with each other.

Claymore ep 1
Just to check it out, I'm going to stick it on my queue.

Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society A very solid conclusion to the SAC series (I'd love to see more but it's doubtful) The ending and it's implication were rather interesting, and the story and characters were as good as ever. 4/5

I often wondered if SSS were originally intended to be the backbone of a third season, but had to be cut down to a single film for whatever reason.

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence I'd never watched this, despite having owned it for a while. It's a very interesting film, and it's decidedly very different from its predecessor. I liked the focus on Batou and Togusa, and the plot, though a little stacked is also engaging. Like GITS the film has superb animation and a great atmosphere. 4/5

Like you, I had owned Innocence (JP Absolute Edition) for a good three years and never actually watched it until about a year ago, and I totally loved it, almost more than the original movie. I even like the OP for Innocence more than the original OP. So now, whenever I watch or show Ghost in the Shell to any of my friends, I always play the two movies together, back-to-back.

Like you, I had owned Innocence (JP Absolute Edition) for a good three years and never actually watched it until about a year ago, and I totally loved it, almost more than the original movie. I even like the OP for Innocence more than the original OP. So now, whenever I watch or show Ghost in the Shell to any of my friends, I always play the two movies together, back-to-back.
Amen to all of that. Couldn't agree more.

Innocence is easily my personal GitS favourite.

Amen to all of that. Couldn't agree more.

Innocence is easily my personal GitS favourite.

Im a fan of GITS but hates innocence. I found it pretentious nonsense with long philosophical BS thrown in to make it seem smarter than it actually is. In short it kinda sucks though it looks rather good at least.

Back