Your viewing journal

Invincible Superman Zambot 3 - Episodes 13 - 16

Twocar - Episodes 5 & 6

Horus - Prince of the Sun (Blu-ray)

Rainy Day Circus

Rewatched both of these again ahead of recording the podcast yesterday.

Eureka Seven episodes 45-50 (Complete)

I think Eureka Seven is a great series, and happy to see someone else enjoy it. Definitely needs a rewatch in HD next year.

Gurren Lagann Parallel Works (rewatch)

Enjoyed this much more second time around. (Liberal use of pause to try to read the onscreen Japanese text/dialogue.) Would still have liked some subs, though.

Kiznaiver complete
Mari Okada putting me through the emotional wringer again. The ending was a bit odd though did Norikos suddenly have the power to connect to everyone without the operation or were they going to force everyone to have it? But the gang were there to save her from herself. Overall fell a little short of AnoHana, IBO and Anthem of the Heart, but still liked it a lot.

I finally got my Ultimate Edition of Eureka 7 on Blu Ray a few days ago, but busy with work right up until the Friday so going to be binge watching it over the weekend :rolleyes::D

Was an impulse buy a few weeks ago bought direct from Anime Ltd the artwork book looks fantastic and its got so many extras comes with 7 disks :cool:

Also to add got a few shows I need to get caught up on i.e. The Ancient Magus Bride (tbh one of the best anime's of the year), GARO Vanishing LINE and RWBY (know its not technically an anime but it is influenced by anime).

Last edited:
Blood lad (English dub) - Episodes 1-4

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f342d5264573134383951555535773d3d2d3331343232353830392e313437366237343437343861383939343834323638393536383836362e676966

Hokuto No Ken (Rewatch) Episodes 13-16 I love the canon episode with "Devil Reverse" (ep 13) nostalgic stuff. Even the non-canon stuff is decent here and the episode with Zaria is better than I remember it to be (15). Although it doesn't entirely fit with the manga it's good in its own right. Some creepy imagery in this ep.

Also watching Invincible Superman Zambot 3 along with Orgun. Could it be connected with his upcoming project? I wonder..... :D

Y'know Sister has been the surprise of the season for me, at most I was expecting it to be a guilty pleasure type show but it's been genuinely good.

I'm quite enjoying it too, more when it's focused on his manga work compared to his little sister obsession though XD.

My Love Story episodes 7-8

In This Corner of the World

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma episodes 21-24 (Complete. A very fun and enjoyable cooking shounen. The dedication to detail and the fluid animation make for some delectable viewing. Bring on the next two seasons.) 4/5

Food Wars! The Second Plate episodes 1-8

Your Name (English dub with English songs, first watch)

I've seen the dub before, but this was the first time I'd heard the English versions of Radwimps' songs. I'm not familiar with the band, so I don't know what their competence with English is like, but I think they really exceeded what I was expecting from it. The lyrics are maybe a little bit syllable-heavy, but the rhythm, accent and intonation of it all's really good. It definitely doesn't sound like Engrish, anyway! ;)

Couldn't quite catch all of the lyrics if I'm honest, though, because of the BD's poor audio.

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War ep 9
Sees whose flashback it is :( Show finally pulls a switch-a-roo :)
Looks like Ox vs Tiger in the next episode, but unfortunately the title suggests who might lose (again!)
Seems the show has been following the original tale, so my earlier prediction may still come true:
Screenshot_20171128-174007.png
I wonder if we get to see Rabbits backstory after he became the first to die without having one before hand.

Tokyo ESP (English dub) - Episodes 9-12 (Complete)

Tokyo ESP is an alright show. It's got an interesting concept and the characters are good enough, but what it's lacking is the story with the pacing rather inconsistent and an ending that asks more questions than answers. While I like the MC, she does break the logic at times especially with the final act. Is Tokyo ESP watchable? Yeah, but it's not completely memorable either and I would recommend either streaming (the dub is solid also if you prefer that route) or acquire the standard edition for cheap.

November on-disc backlog progress:
Completed:
#01 | The Tatami Galaxy
#02 | Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
#03 | Space Dandy Season 2
#04 | Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine
#05 | Serial Experiments Lain
#06 | Gonna Be the Twin-Tail!!
#07 | The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
#08 | Tokyo ESP

Remaining:
Blood Lad
Love Live! School Idol Project Season 2

The plan now was to watch a few more episodes but today feels like a long day so I can't be bothered to continue the backlog tonight. There's 7 episodes of Blood Lad (6 main & 1 OVA) and 3 episodes of Love Live! Season 2 left but I've got the next two days left of the month to deal with them.

2 more Manga Force Collection films.

Origin: Spirits of the Past

I remember this being an OK film when I first watched it, but I guess it hasn't aged well or my standards have risen a bit. The CG isn't bad, in terms of the design of the machines, it's just it sticks out a mile compared to the rest of the animation, but the face shading looks like mascara smeared in places where shadows should be, both techniques have come a long way in the 10 or so years since this came out.
As for the story it seems quite generic and done better before.
World destroyed by man, boy meets mysterious girl and they fall in love (don't really get to see it here, he's kind and she mysterious and pretty that's about it), bad guy wants to make things even worse and boy saves world with sacrifice, but all's well that ends well because love!

_20171128_203823.JPG

X - The Movie
Takes about half the film to finish explaining what's going on leaving no time for the battles.
The team defending Tokyo aren't great at their job and all die quickly leaving the head bad guy to kill the rest of his team lead to the epic battle that's been teased throughout only for it to last about a minute! Plus women giving birth via violent c-sections to swords o_O

_20171128_203518.JPG

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MF Collection version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Mar (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (?)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (?)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Food Wars! The Second Plate episodes 9-13 (Complete. A great second season that maintains the quality of the first, though
Seeing Soma lose to Akira again better lead up to something

I'm glad Soma isn't too overpowered as a chef otherwise it'd be very predictable. Although, the whole dynamic of having Soma show off some real skill but still having someone better than him really shows the series' more cliched elements. That being said, his calm and likeable personality offsets this and is really refreshing. The way he learns and improves with each defeat is great for his character progression.) 4/5

Food Wars! The Third Plate episodes 1-9 Well now I'm up to date with the anime. Another strong season so far, liking the slight change in direction here.

Back