Your viewing journal

Samurai 7 episodes 7-26 (Complete. This was an enjoyable loose adaptation of Akira Kurosawa's seminal classic "Seven Samurai". The steampunk aesthetic and sci-fi blended in well with the more rural setting of the village and its culture. The story constantly built upon itself, never being dull and the final battle was just as memorable as the original 1954, with the added scope and scale allowed thanks to the animation.

The cast were also fun to watch, and each of the main Samurai unique. I can recommend this to those that have and haven't seen the film, it's a great watch) 4/5
Also got me a little teary over a dead robot too

Sekirei episodes 1-9

Although it's harsh to say I was expecting more from a 10+ minute short, I don't think Blade Runner: Black Out 2022 was as good as Watanabe's Animatrix efforts. Really beautifully animated, though, so definitely worth watching. Watanabe without Keiko Nobumoto is lacking something.

The Vision of Escaflowne - Episodes 1 - 4 (Director's Cut - Blu-ray)

It's been years since I last saw Escaflowne so I can't identify the changes to the director's cut, but it's still as good as I remembered it.

Knight's & Magic - Episode 13 [Final]

I think the very definition of average! K&M did have some nice mecha designs in it though.

Sekirei episodes 10-12 (Complete. A fun and interesting story that manages to take an ecchi concept and make it work. I'll not be bothering with Pure Engagement anytime soon since it's pretty much anime only. Will try and check out the manga instead) 3.5/5

Selector Infected WIXOSS/Selector Spread WIXOSS
episodes 1-12/1-12
(Complete. Oh boy I really didn't realise what I was getting myself in for... This was a very good card-battle series that often managed to effectively convey emotionally traumatic themes such as loneliness and depression. WIXOSS also explores the consequences of loss and gain, and it was sometimes difficult watching the characters making decisions based on their situation and seeing how badly it affected them.

The struggles that they slowly overcame kept the narrative tense and effective (though one particular characters' affections and the subplot that followed it was slightly uncomfortable to sit through, though it was handled relatively well) I found the backstory of the main antagonist to be well-crafted as well.

Overall this was an unexpected piece of emotionally impactful intrigue- Hopefully AL get the second season soon so I can complete the collection) 4/5

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
episode 26

Space Dandy (Rewatch) episodes 1-3 This was one of the first anime I watched so it'll be great to go back to one of my all-time favourites, baby!
IMG_0911.JPG

Last edited:
Blade Runner: Final Cut
In 4K at the cinema.

Blade Runner: Black Out 2022
Neat little story that sets up the events leading to Blade Runner: 2049

Blade Runner: 2036: Nexus Dawn

Blade Runner: 2048: Nowhere to Run

To even shorter stories that unlike Black Out probably needs a watch of the film to fully understand what they mean to the overall story.

Last edited:
Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul (Japanese audio) - Episodes 19-23

I am now up to date with the series, just in time for the finale this week. Yep the show goes nuts from episode 20 onwards.

Space Dandy (rewatch) episodes 4-18 Damn episode 8 gets me every time
Pup was too pure for this galaxy
It's not often a series can almost bring you to tears of both sadness and laughter in under 20 minutes.

Appleseed XIII episodes 1–4
I'm really enjoying this! It's got an outstanding voice cast. The opening theme by Conisch, who also did the music for Mardock Scramble, caught my attention right from the menu screen.

Moribito episodes 23+24

Lucky Star episode 16 (rewatch)

I've also watched Anthem of the Heart for the fourth time. The idea to blend those two songs together in the class musical is inspired.

Back