Your viewing journal

Eccentric Family 2 ep 11-12 (complete)
Not disappointed with that ending, overall a solid season. Not as good as the first one if you ask me, but great nevertheless.

Alice and Zoroku ep 11-12 (complete)
Nice way to wrap up the show, but is it just me or was that last bit needlessly sad? At least it made me very sad.

Gurren Lagann episodes 9–12

Wow. That batch of episodes didn't skimp on showing the fallout from the big shock and its effect on Simon. Superb.

What a difference a bit of human kindness made.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS - Case;Irvine

Armored Trooper VOTOMS - Finder

My VOTOMS re-watch is now complete! Case;Irvine has potential and shows what could be done by exploring the wider VOTOMS universe (much more so than Finder). If we didn't get anymore VOTOMS I wouldn't be that bothered if I'm honest, Chirico was the heart of Takahashi's story and that story has already been told exceptionally well.

Blue Sonnet - Episodes 1 - 3

I've been meaning to watch this for ages, a short OVA from one of my favourite directors Takeyuki Kanda and it is BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!

Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer

Another watch ahead of a review on the podcast

Mobile Suit Gundam Twilight Axis - Episode 1

Really not sure what to make of this!

Atom: The Beginning - Episode 9

Gundam: Reconguista in G
-Episodes 1-3

I know this is the infamously terrible Gundam, that even the writer and director has written off as garbage, but after watching these first three episodes, I just don't see what I'm supposed to hate.

What and see, you'll find out ;)

Miss Hokusai

Interesting watch after having recently watched the first two episodes of The Art of Japanese Life on BBC 4 which covered Hokusai and Edo.
A bit disjointed as a film due to it's episodic nature though.

Hey everyone long time reader first time poster.

1-12 prison school

Wow really enjoyed this. Animation is fantastic really good fun. Thought it was just standed fanservice. But it was so much more. Yes it has fanservice but also a story. Very funny. Or maybe I have low standards haha also once again a great release from anime limited.

Gundam: Reconguista in G-Episodes 6-8

Okay, I am starting to get why people don't like this series. There is a real lack of direction here, the pirates don't seem to have any sort of active goal and are just milling about whilst defending themselves from people trying to save Bellri and company. It's kinda boring. That and Bellri's situation with the pirates is just absolutely baffling. He's their prisoner yet he's allowed to roam around the ship, he pals around with them and goes so far as to fight to defend the pirates who kidnapped him against his own people, people trying to rescue him, DESPITE STILL CLAIMING TO BE ON THEIR SIDE AND IS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE WITH THE PIRATES FOR THE SAKE OF RECONNAISSANCE. What makes it even worse is he doesn't even do any reconnaissance! He literally just slaughters his own people for almost no goddamn reason at all. Give it an ounce a thought and it just falls apart, the plot is so flimsy. If Belri had any sense he'd have fled at the first opportunity, and he has had many. I'm not quite at seething hate just yet, the production is certainly nice, in terms of music and animation, but boy the plot. Oh, and the sci-fi jargon isn't getting any easier to understand nor is it being explained.

Ghost Stories-Episodes 3-5

Okay, the jokes are starting to ramp up in both frequency and offensiveness now, still getting plenty of (somewhat guilty) laughs out of me.

Himouto! Umaru-chan, Episodes 1 - 4

Really like Emily Neves' pronunciations of "Coola" and "PoTayToe Chips", probably going to be stuck in my head where I will no doubt paraphrase them countlessley. Sylphynford Tachibana is STILL Best Girl!

91 Days (Complete) - I really wanted to enjoy this series but it just wasn't there for me. Too predictable and oddly paced... couldn't get into it.

Eromanga-sensei (Complete) - Really quite enjoyed this series. I'm hoping there's going to be a second because this first kind of ended on a whimper. I'm used to watching anime that doesn't try to attempt to wrap up story lines... but it still bloody annoying. So this series loses points for having an "Wait? Is that it?" ending. Fun while it lasted though.

Little Busters! (eps 1-2) - This series has been on my radar for a wile now so I've decided to give it a go... must admit I'm a little disappointed so far. Might just be my frame of mind though... so I'll continue to watch the series in the hope that my attention is secured. 2 episodes isn't enough to get a feel for a series anyway. Should be at least 4.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Season 1 (episodes 1-49) (rewatch)

Dam this is just as cheesy as I remember. Not the biggest fan of season 1 since they fully just make up the rules on the spot, but Pegasus/Kaiba save the day.

Alice & Zouroku ep 12 (complete). That felt like a very final ending. There are still some questions floating around, but I guess I'll never know the answers. A good, albeit unusual, series.

Berserk s3 ep 12 (complete). I'm not often bothered by poor quality animation, but this series managed to raise one of my eyebrows a few times with the clearly incomplete animations. I got the distinct impression that the production office is overworked and in chaos. Always great to see Guts hacking up everything in his path with brute force though, that never gets old and makes this worth watching regardless of any problems it might have.

Eromanga Sensei ep 12 (complete). This whole series never really engaged me in the way that Oreimo did. Maybe if it had aired five years ago it would have gained more traction.

Otogi Zoshi ep 1-3. Political intrigue and conspiracy in feudal Japan mixed with stylish samurai action. It's like this series was made just for me.

Saekano: How To Raise a Boring Girlfriend Flat s2 ep 11 (complete). This second season had it's highs and lows, but was certainly worth watching and had a surprisingly good ending. In fact I'd even be content if this is all we get in anime form.

Sagrada Reset ep 12.

WorldEnd: What Do You Do At the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us? ep 11. The next episode can't come soon enough. This is the shining light of this season for me, and I want more.

Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation s3 ep 25 (complete). As usual this series is dragging out the action so that five minutes of racing lasts for three episodes. Still great to watch though, and I like the new characters.

Gurren Lagann episodes 13–17

I've been deliberately living with my head under a rock to avoid learning anything about the show, so I wasn't even expecting the...
time skip.

It seems a lot better executed than the similar idea used in Evangelion 3.33.

Gurren Lagann episodes 13–17

I've been deliberately living with my head under a rock to avoid learning anything about the show, so I wasn't even expecting the...
time skip.

It seems a lot better executed than the similar idea used in Evangelion 3.33.
Getting to watch Gurren Lagann for the first time? Lucky.

I watched The Cat Returns last night. I can see why people aren't too hot on it tbh but I enjoyed it enough that I don't think it was time wasted. Haru and Muta were great and it got a few genuine laughs from me, I'm also a big fan of the visuals (artstyle? Character designs? I dunno what to call it) of the movie. And last but not least, it's a pretty short movie (I think it was around 70mins) which tbh is a plus for me lol.

I haven't really watched any anime over the past year, so I'm currently playing 'catch up'

Attack on Titan (Season 2): Episodes 1 - 7
Hellsing Ultimate: Episodes 7 - 10
Terra Formars Revenge: Episodes 8 - 12
The Lost Village: Episodes 9 - 12

Back