Your viewing journal

About Psychic School Wars...
The story is kind of all over the place, though I'd be interested in if that's a fault of the anime adaptation, or the source material. It's adapted from a sci-fi novel from the 70s, and the author seems to be fairly well regarded.
Just in case it would interest anyone, here's a link to an article on Anime Limited's blog about a 1981 live-action Japanese film called School in the Crosshairs, another adaptation of the Nerawareta Gakuen novel mentioned by @Joe.

Knights of Sidonia Movie Compliation (Japanese audio) - Film
My Hero Academia [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 13
Saga of Tanya the Evil (Japanese audio) - Episode 6.5 (Recap)

Anthem of the Heart

I think I have something in my eyes ;_;

A wonderful film, which I found very emotional (maybe even more so because I relate to what happened to Jun at the start in a way). The four main characters all have their issues and actually grow from their experience. I also liked the songs.

My favourite scene is when
Jun enters singing the part of the girls soul to the Greensleaves tune, and her mother seems to finally understand what her daughter feels!

Last edited:
A silent Voice - way too melodramatic if you ask me. Starts strong, loses its way in the middle, almost pulls it back by the end.

7/10 for production values and the Who

My hero Adademia episode 26

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (1.5 Cutscenes)

Golgo 13
episode 17

Last edited:
Kizumonogatari Part II: Nekketsu (Japanese audio) - Film (Re-watch)

Yep, this is a re-watch. I actually saw the film alongside Part 1 last month with my society. The re-watch was for the Aniplex translation and because I missed bits of the last part due to other stuff going on at the same time.

Eromanga Sensei-Episode 12 (Complete)

If there's no second season for this, that ending was totally crap. Not even an attempt to wrap up the romance in any way at all.

Alice and Zoroku-Episode 12 (Complete)

This, on the other hand, was a pretty great ending, although I wish they'd clarified whether or not Sana got her powers back or not.

Ghost Stories-Episodes 1 and 2

I was probably expecting a little more in the way of joke frequency in the dub, which in fairness might come later, but the jokes that are here are pretty damn funny. The sex jokes are fairly near the knuckle considering how young the cast are, but that just makes it even funnier. I'm probably a terrible person :p

Gundam: Reconguista in G-Episodes 4 and 5

C H U C H U M Y

The King's Avatar ep1-2

Nothing too revelatory in terms of character development yet, but after the glut of isekai shows we've had in recent years, the more grounded, professional e-sports angle definitely puts a fresh twist on the fantasy-action genre and Ye Xiu is a likeable (if rather smug) hero. It's a good looking series as well, with smooth action scenes and strong cgi work on the background elements. It would be nice if we see more animation like this coming out of China - it might finally stop people using 'Chinese cartoons' as an epithet...

Golgo 13 episode 17

I approve of your new avatar. Have you seen the Osamu Dezaki film, by the way?

The King's Avatar ep1-2

Nothing too revelatory in terms of character development yet, but after the glut of isekai shows we've had in recent years, the more grounded, professional e-sports angle definitely puts a fresh twist on the fantasy-action genre and Ye Xiu is a likeable (if rather smug) hero. It's a good looking series as well, with smooth action scenes and strong cgi work on the background elements. It would be nice if we see more animation like this coming out of China - it might finally stop people using 'Chinese cartoons' as an epithet...

I approve of your new avatar. Have you seen the Osamu Dezaki film, by the way?
I haven't actually, but I'm planning to watch it soon, really liking the series though. I have seen Anime Abandon's review of Queen Bee which I also want to see.

Last edited:
Kings avatar novel compared to the anime. Like night & day lol. Guess anime did its job as it got me into the novel. Su muecheng <3

I haven't actually, but I'm planning to watch it soon, really liking the series though. I have seen Anime Abandon's review of Queen Bee which I also want to see.

Queen Bee is the lesser of the two, but I think it's a bit more akin to the tv series and probably more accessible than The Professional. Personally, I really like it, but The Professional is a bit of an aquired taste - it's dark and nihilistic, almost to the point of self-parody, but also quite psychedelic in its visual style, which seems to put a lot of people off.

It's a real shame they couldn't have had Dezaki back to direct some of the tv series though, I'm sure it came out just a couple of years before he died.

Back