Your viewing journal

I finished Shirobako tonight. On MAL, I've ended up rating it as 8/10. It packed an emotional punch towards the end and I began to see a lot of similarities between their office dynamics and my own (albeit, I'm in tech industry), where there's always this clash between the people hyped by a project and giving it everything, and those that are simply doing the bare minimum to get through the day. In the end, if you can find a group of people that are as passionate about something as you, stick with them. You can do great things together, and celebrate it together too.

Attack on Titan Junior High-Episodes 1-6

This seems ... okay.

Haikyuu!!-Episodes 8-11

As much as it's still been great, I am very pleased to get back to the tournament matches as of next episode. That's where the show really shines, in my opinion.

Sakura Quest-Episode 11

I think Ririko's story has probably been the most interesting so far, and that musical number at the end was quite beautiful.

Twin Peaks: The Return episode 6

Code Geass R2
Turns 20-25 (Complete. I'm left torn on this, mainly because of the ending, but also because of the jumbled plot and uneven pacing. It's a shame that the overall season is all over the place, with the first chunk of episodes feeling wasteful and character motivations that are left undeveloped. I would have liked to see some characters be fleshed out, as it would have made some key events far more impactful. However, I did like the necessity of particular plot points to Zero's final plan such as
Lelouch basically turning everyone against him
and the resolution it gave us made it all the more effective.

I'm cautiously looking forward to seeing how they can continue the story, and hopefully
Lelouch can regain some of his lost respect, he deserves it, he goes through a lot in this series
Once again, I felt that some of the school centric stories dragged, but overall the season does it job reasonably well, and the ending is deservedly praised, even if I wasn't left entirely satisfied with the pacing and characters. Overall, It's a mess, but an enjoyable one. Note: Also really want to watch the OVAs, might have to get the upcoming Funimation release.) 3.5/5

Daily Lives of High School Boys episodes 1-12 (Complete, this was a funny set of shorts with some decent humour and likeable characters who can never seem to catch a break. This is the sort of show you need to refresh yourself with after dealing with complex plots. I can recommend this to any fan of comedy anime.) 3.5/5

Boruto: Naruto next Generations
episode 11 Something is going down, can't wait for next week

Miami Vice
Pilot and episodes 2-3 Man this show is drenched in the 80s, but in the best ways imaginable

Last edited:
Bubblegum Crash - Illegal Army

Been thinking a lot lately about taking one of those trips to America to watch BGC 2040, but it occurred to me that I've never actually seen all of Crash, and probably ought to finish the original version before attempting the remake.

My general impression of Crash is that it's not nearly as beloved as the original Crisis, but thus far everything seems fine. Illegal Army is not one of the best episodes overall - Leon's scrap with the enemy commander lacked drama, as did the 'Sabers potential breakup - but it's a pretty solid instalment nonetheless, with some nice tunes, all the main characters getting decent screentime and plenty of comedy Engrish flavour text to spot in the background. Leon and Daley drink in a cafe called "Piss". Piss.

The music manager attempting to fashion Priss into an idol seems alarmingly prescient though. My greatest fear for any future attempt to revive the franchise is that they'll turn the Knight Sabers into an idol group ;__;

It's almost 2:30am & I've just finished Your Lie In April ..
Why did I do this to myself :(

Daily Lives of High School Boys episodes 1-12 (Complete, this was a funny set of shorts with some decent humour and likeable characters who can never seem to catch a break. This is the sort of show you need to refresh yourself with after dealing with complex plots. I can recommend this to any fan of comedy anime.) 3.5/5

The RPG segments are pure gold.

Donyatsu, Episodes 1 - 12 [Completed]

Watching this again I can't help but wonder if a certain background track in the series is based off a John Williams composition!

Pan de Peace!, Episodes 1 - 6

Alice & Zouroku ep 10.

WorldEnd: What Do You Do At the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us? ep 9-10. Oh, that's a very Nier-esque revelation.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Shining Heresy - Episodes 3 - 5 [Final]

An excellent sequel to the TV series, Chirico's assault on the Temple in episode 4 is spectacular.

Amagami SS (episodes 13–16)

Most impassioned speech:

"I had to see her in all her glory as she swam with dynamite-like explosive energy! That's why I wound up peeping on everyone!"
This was my favourite arc so far. (That sounds bad after that quote. :oops:)

Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Alone Again

Nearly at the end of my VOTOMS re-watch. Alone Again is another decent one shot OVA but with a surprisingly deep ending.

Back