Your viewing journal

Attack on Titan episode 37

Berserk 2017
episode 11

My Hero Academia episode 25

Dance in the Vampire Bund episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was rather interesting, the show opens with a game show and ends with a pledge. I enjoyed the glimpses of lore the show presents, and The characters were solid, Mina is certainly far more than her appearance suggests, whilst Akira is a decent lead, even with the ever present amnesia trope worn into his backstory. I liked how the anime would use an old grainy film aesthetic at times, and it's clear that the makers wanted to give the series an identity to overcome the cliched aspect of vampire stories, one which I certainly appreciated. It's just a shame the series wasn't continued. Overall this was decent, a solid recommendation.) 3.5/5

Miami Vice
episodes 7-8

Last edited:
So I've been forgetting to post here the last few days. Whoops! It's pretty much just been simulcasts plus Haikyuu Season 2 anyway. I also rewatched the first Persona 3 film too. I had pirated the first and watched it many moons ago, but refrained from watching the sequels due to stopping being a pirate, but now I own them all from AL, I can finally watch the rest. Which leads to today's viewing...

Persona 3 The Movie 2: A Midsummer Knight's Dream

A much better film than the first purely due to it just adapting a more interesting part of the game. Film 1 didn't have much in the way of plot, serving to just generally set things up, however Film 2 gives us far more, such as revealing the origins of the dark hour and how it relates to one of the cast, as well as introducing Strega and the whole 'The Dark Hour gives meaning to our lives' deal, which was certainly some interesting food for thought. Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Shinji and Ken, and the spotlight they're given here, which serves as great development for both characters, but makes for an impactful and shocking (well, it would've been if I hadn't played the game) climax. The only complaint I have is how the film will often cut from the cast hanging out and chatting to the middle of a boss fight action sequence, which felt incredibly jarring and just didn't work at all for me. However, it's a rather minor complaint in what is otherwise a great film and a fantastic adaptation to say the least.

Haikyuu S2-Episodes 20-22

It's really a testament to the quality of this show's matches when I can predict what's going to happen, because it's rather obvious, but still be tricked into thinking a match is going to go another way, only to totally fall in line with my expectations.

Alice and Zouroku-Episode 11

A pretty touching second half, very heartbreaking to see kids so young talking about feeling as if they shouldn't exist or aren't necessary at all. Hope it all works out in the finale.

Eromanga Sensei-Episode 11

The references to OreImo before that big one at the end were nice and subtle, but I feel as if the ending was a little too on the nose for me, and didn't serve much purpose other than for fan service reasons. Oh, and was it me or was Kuroneko's voice different?

Tsugumomo - Complete
A nice if average series with average animation, certainly one of those series you would forget quite quickly. The MC was as bland as they come as well. 6/10

Date A Live episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was an interesting concept that combined harem tropes with a more sci-fi/spiritual edge. The anime manages to balance the harem tropes with some nice action scenes and decent character development. They even managed to subvert the Hot Spring story archetype. It's nothing amazing but it's entertaining, and the story manages to pull off a darker turn towards the end of the season.) 3.5/5

My Hero Academia - Season 2 Episode 12 - Wasn't a huge fan of this episode tbh, I mean I don't think it was bad but something about it didn't do it for me (the after credits scene was amusing though). Glad we'll finally be moving on from the sports festival/whatever it was called.

Attack on Titan - Season 2 Episode 12 - Well then..... Gonna be a long wait for season 3 ;_; I hope it doesn't end up delayed.

(the after credits scene was amusing though).

I don't think I posted in this thread the day I watched that episode, but it reminds me of something I wanted to say. Was it just me, or was the visual of Uraraka getting her eyeball pushed back into its socket oddly grotesque? I know it wasn't graphic and done for comedy but it seemed like something straight out of a Junji Ito book!

Space Dandy (episodes 18–20)

The rock band episode was brilliant.

Fun fact: So, the ultimate weapons of the two warring galactic empires are named 'Cranium Of Raiding Enemies' and 'Armoured Legendary Equipment'. They're given the acronyms C.O.R.E. and A.L.E. and are pronounced "kore" and "are" in the Japanese dialogue, which are just the Japanese words for "this" and "that". I love the daft humour in this show.

Date a Live II episodes 1-10 (Complete. I enjoyed this series a little less than the first. I did enjoy the new characters but didn't like Miku, she just frustrated me until her inevitable character turn, after that she was okay, though I seldom-cared for her backstory. Asides from that, The plot was alright and I liked
Kurumi somewhat redeeming herself
. The last couple of episodes were really good as well, redeeming the shortcomings I had with the series. Overall I can recommend this for those who enjoyed the first) 3.5/5

Diabolik Lovers
episodes 1-3

Miami Vice
episodes 9-11

Last edited:
Back