Your viewing journal

91 Days (Eps 9) - Struggling through this series now. This episode had a "big reveal"... and it has had little effect on boosting my interest.

Shingeki no Kyojin (Eps 10-22) - So in preparation to commence my binge watch of Season 2, I've been binge watching Season 1 over the past two days. I've literally not watched a single iota of AoT since it finished airing in 2013, and I'm so very glad I haven't. Even though I know the main plot line and events, all the smaller things are almost like watching a new to me. Little things like Eren reaching for the spoon; I had completely wiped from my memory. So yeah, I'm very much enjoying my re-watch. I have no idea what is going to happen in Season 2 as I've been almost ninja like in avoiding spoilers! Can't wait!

Finished the first season of Log Horizon, have to say that last episode felt a little weird to me, can't really put my finger on it but something wasn't right. I could have also done without the weird love triangle crap they slotted in to the last few episodes, all came across a bit pointless tbh. I have no idea when I'll watch the next season but I enjoyed this one enough so I will one day.

Twin Peaks season 2 episodes 19-22. That was a bizarre set of events, its clear that season 2 drags in places with some subplots but I thought it was fine, and though I can understand the dislike I wouldn't skip it personally. I'm looking forward to season 3's ongoing shenanigans.

Code Geass stages 1-20

Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash, Episodes 7 - 8

Wakakozake, Episodes 1 - 12 [Completed]

Watched Again. There's something life-affirming about watching someone who is identically aged just doing what they want and ordering the kind of food and drink they want just to take the edge off a stressful day. Pshuu~!

Shingeki no Kyojin (Eps 23-25) - Well alright then. That's Season 1 down! Think I may have enjoyed it more the second watch through too! Now I can crack on with Season 2 tonight! If I play my cards right, I'm hoping to spread it out enough that I'm watching the season Finally with everyone else this weekend! Aw yeah!

Either that or I'll watch all 11 episodes in the next 24hrs and end up having to wait for the final... exactly what I was trying to avoid... :oops:

Space Dandy (episodes 14 & 15)

I liked that first set of characters in the multiverse episode; it was amusing seeing Dandy and co re-imagined as anime characters. (If you know what I mean.)

Miserable Dandy was paradoxically funny, too.

EDIT: Um, baby.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS - Big Battle

A very entertaining one shot OVA and easily the best looking of the VOTOMS anime.

Atom: The Beginning - Episode 7

Good Luck Girl-Episodes 11-13 (Complete)

Gotta love the casual spoiling of the Death Note ending there.

Haikyuu Season 2-Episode 7

Hoorah, some Tsukishima development at last!

Twin Peaks: The Return episodes 1-5

Code Geass
stages 21-25 (Complete. This is a very solid series that has a good plot, build up and characters. There were some pointless parts I didn't care for (I skipped most of the school stuff in episodes 7 and 21) but overall this is a first half that does it's set up well. And the cliffhanger was also great. My main issue is how overdramatic the show can be at times, but it pulls it off, in an enjoyable manner!) 4/5

Code Geass R2 Turns 1-19

Last edited:
Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume (Complete) - So I decided to postpone my binge of AoT S2 until after the weekend knowing all too well that I'll binge the season and still have to wait a few days for the finally. In doing so I stumbled across this little gem. At only 5 episodes, Planatarian is one great little watch.
The general outline of the story consists of a post apocalyptic world where a Junker (someone who searches deserted buildings for any useful items) stumbles across an old Planetarium where he finds the last of it's staff, in the form of a robot, who has been waiting 30 years for it's next customer.
I couldn't stop watching; and even though you only get small windows into the past of the only two characters in the series; you can see how meeting and interacting with this innocent robot over only a few days touches the heart of this wondering Junker.
Unfortunately I'm unable to find a UK DVD or Blu-ray release, but I do know it can be streamed via Funimation. So if you get the chance, I highly recommend giving this a watch.

Back