Your viewing journal

Tesagure! Bukatsumono: Episodes 6 - 12 [Complete]

Thoroughly enjoyed this show and it's cast. Will hold off on watching the rest until a later point.

gdgd Fairies: Episodes 1 - 7

After finishing Tesagure I felt it was time to revisit gdgd Fairies again especially considering both shows share staff.

Last edited:
Full Metal Panic-Episodes 13-17

Episodes 13 and 14: A nice couple of fairly laid back episodes to break from the action a bit, but I liked that they gave some character depth to Shinji, Mao and Tessa here.

Episodes 15-17: Another good action arc.

Photo Kano-Episodes 1-4

I won't say much here because I'm reviewing this show, but boy, am I going to have some stuff to say.

Sound! Euphonium S2-Episode 1

Brilliant first episode that set up some interesting drama going forward. Kumiko and Reina's increasingly close relationship is also fantastic to see, hope that actually develops in the direction I want it to.

Flip Flappers-Episodes 1

Whilst I'm not entirely sure what this is about just yet, the visuals are absolutely marvelous. Cannot wait to see more.

Keijo!!!-Episode 1

Sure, the concept is very trashy, but I won't lie, it's massively enjoyable. It's just so over the top and ridiculous, you can't help but appreciate it.

Last edited:
Cheating Craft Episode 1 - meh
Crane Game Girls S2 Ep 1 - I preferred it as a 3.5 minute short
Bungo Stray Dogs S2 Ep 1 - Didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed most of the last season, but that may just be due to the lack of sleep.
Flip Flappers Episode 1 - This was pretty good, and looked beautiful, not sure what it's actually about though.
Keijo Episode 1 - Contender for best sports anime of this season, but Long Riders hasn't started yet.
Miss Bernard said. - Contender for best short of the season.
Stella no Mahou Episode 1 (RAW) - I don't like delaycasts. I love Studio Silver Link. So, I watched it raw, animation was beautiful, voices for the cast were great, except for twintailed girl. I'll rewatch it when there are subs. Already a contender for anime of the season though.
Beyblade Burst Episode 26 - Same old Beyblade Burst.

Macross Frontier ep1-5

Having been rather underwhelmed by the daft and overlong Macross 7, it was a pleasant surprise to find that Frontier is infinitely more fun, and it's really not hard to see why this was such a big hit in its day. With little details like Ranka's opposable hair and Michel's Zorro-style glinting teeth, it's a much cartoonier affair than I'd expected, but it generally strikes a good balance between the more serious space combat and the comedy shennanigans back on the colony. It's also still great to look at. The absence of Haruhiko Mikimoto on character art is regrettable, but there's some very solid work in the action scenes and plenty of interesting tics in the quieter moments.

My only minor complaint is that, while it's nice to hear some of the classic Macross tracks get an airing in the background, with music from at least three previous series making an appearance so far, it is starting to feel a bit like a greatest hits album. The opening and ending tracks are a notable exception, but now that I've read what the lyrics to the opening are once translated, it's hard not to find it a bit ridiculous. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's in the naff tradition of "My Boyfriend's a Pilot".

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress ep6-7

Continues to be slick and exciting, but it seems to lean very heavily on well-worn tropes for its characterisation. It's not doing anything particularly offensive, it's just hard not to think that the other show I'm trying not to compare this to, handled that element a little better.

Last edited:
gdgd Fairies: Episodes 8 - 12 [Complete]

Not sure if the series quite had the same impact on me second time around, a lot of the stuff just felt quite hit and miss, especially coming off the back of watching Tesagure!, it might have been better watching the opposite way. Still some good fun stuff though.

(Side Note: I got the Crunchyroll 48HR Pass from the Pass thread on 02/10 to expire on 04/10...it's 07/10 now and it's still rolling on!)

Teekyu: Episodes 1 - 12 [Complete]

Teekyu is THE best sports Anime! ;)

Last edited:
Full Metal Panic-Episodes 18-20

Jeez, you just can't kill Gauron, can you?

Photo Kano-Episodes 5-7

Drifters-Episode 1

Pretty good start. Feels exactly like Hellsing Ultimate did, in both visuals and general tone, over the top but not ultra goofy. Some great blood and gore here too, which looks uncensored, which is a plus.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable-Episode 28

This week's Stand seems kind of odd, even by JoJo standards.

Last edited:
Angel cop 02-04 Subbed

I also started checking out all the stuff on my list of the new stuff I want to see, liking all of them so far.

Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+! 01
Nobunaga no Shinobi 01
Nanbaka 01
To Be HERO 01
Keijo!!!!!!!! 01
ALL OUT!! 01
Bernard Jou Iwaku. 01
Drifters 01

All Out ep 1 I played a little bit of rugby when I was in school, so I was looking quite forward to watching this and it didn't disappoint, I thought it was a good start.
Keijo ep 1 very over the top and a bit ridiculous but I enjoyed it.
Touken Ranbu Hanamaru ep 1
Bloodivories ep 1
Trickster ep 1

Marathoned through Code Geass Season One somewhat unexpectedly. I only put in the discs to see the HD quality (which was really good surprisingly). I remember liking Code Geass but nowhere near as much as most but this time around I enjoyed it alot more. Basically it's Death Note with Mecha which amazingly they both aired in the same season of Fall 2006, Damn what a season.

I'm still worried about going into Season 2 tomorrow because I liked it much less than even my first viewing of Season 1. I remember getting hung up on where it starts compared to the end of Season 1 quite alot and being very frustrated with that. I also remember it being very OTT. Hopefully this time around I'll enjoy it more, wait and see I guess.

Back