Your viewing journal

I enjoyed Gosick when I watched it, I'd say the main characters alone made the watch worthwhile. I did have a few issues with the big story and villain towards the end, as well as the odd issue with some of the other characters (though there were a couple of pretty good ones too) but I think it balances out fairly well overall. Maybe it's just me but I kind of thought the mystery elements and such were never really as important as the relationship stuff. Perhaps it's one of those shows where different people might appreciate it for completely different reasons.

Still, I'd at least like to think that Victorique's adorableness is universal.

Smeelia said:
I enjoyed Gosick when I watched it, I'd say the main characters alone made the watch worthwhile. I did have a few issues with the big story and villain towards the end, as well as the odd issue with some of the other characters (though there were a couple of pretty good ones too) but I think it balances out fairly well overall. Maybe it's just me but I kind of thought the mystery elements and such were never really as important as the relationship stuff. Perhaps it's one of those shows where different people might appreciate it for completely different reasons.

Still, I'd at least like to think that Victorique's adorableness is universal.

I love Gosick and it's amazing no UK publisher has ever picked this up.

britguy said:
I'm glad I'm in my "anime" mode at the moment and ignoring games and other tv shows.
Haha yeah, often when this happens to me I can never remember why I spend my free time doing anything other than watching anime.

Smeelia said:
I enjoyed Gosick when I watched it... Maybe it's just me but I kind of thought the mystery elements and such were never really as important as the relationship stuff.
It definitely has elements of chara-mystery to it, but I think it qualifies as "more" of a mystery series than some more recent examples, especially in the second half of the TV show.

Freedom Prologue & Episodes 1-4

Seeing Lemon watching this made me want to watch it too after having it on the shelf for a couple years. Enjoying it so far, it's nothing amazing but quite enjoyable. I quite like it's animation style it's different to most. The story is quite predictable, hope they do something good with the last 3 episodes.

Aura Battler Dunbine - Episode 49 [Final]

...and concludes.

Dunbine has some pacing issues but otherwise it is a really good series and is exactly as I remembered it when I last watched it in 2006.

ilmaestro said:
britguy said:
I'm glad I'm in my "anime" mode at the moment and ignoring games and other tv shows.
Haha yeah, often when this happens to me I can never remember why I spend my free time doing anything other than watching anime.
I'm in the complete opposite position at the moment. I'm not really watching anything at all, and even then I'm at least two weeks behind. It's great when I'm in the animood, but when I'm burnt out on it, I'm really burnt out.

Mangaranga said:
I'm in the complete opposite position at the moment. I'm not really watching anything at all, and even then I'm at least two weeks behind. It's great when I'm in the animood, but when I'm burnt out on it, I'm really burnt out.

Yeah that's typically what happens to me. I'll likely binge on anime for a few weeks, then i'll go a couple of months without watching anything due to no desire. Makes no sense :lol:

What puts me out of an Anime mood is when I start watching a show that's kind of a drag but not enough to drop it. Like I remember when I watched Blue Exorcist, a 24 episode show, it took me over a month just because I didn't really want to watch it so I was watching like 2 or 3 a week.

Goauck episode 18

*warning* the chapter skip on this episode is screwed. Watched first two minutes, op comes on, skip it, carry on watching until end of episode. Think "Christ that flew by, didn't feel like a full length episode" go back to beginning to double check and turns out skipping the op credits took me to the half way point of the episode and not post opening like it usually does!

Good episode though.

ora no Otoshimono: Forte -episodes 1-3 needed something light after watching Elfen Lied

Muv Luv Total Eclipse -18-21 - good series and reaching an exciting climax

Freedom Episode 7 (Complete)

Pretty good end to the series. I recommend it to anyone that likes sci-fi adventures, problem is it's hard to get as the Manga release is faulty and the Beez/Bandai release which is fine is OOP.

DragonBlaze67 said:
Freedom Episode 7 (Complete)

Pretty good end to the series. I recommend it to anyone that likes sci-fi adventures, problem is it's hard to get as the Manga release is faulty and the Beez/Bandai release which is fine is OOP.

I hear the Madman version also has the same problems as Manga's release, which is even more of a problem.

Back