Your viewing journal

One Punch Man episode 9 < Saitama, why you no take the credit you deserve?
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans episode 9
Dragon Ball Super episode 21
Attack on Titan Junior High episode 9
Cardcaptor Sakura episodes 33-46 Finally, got to the part I finished at as a kid watching it on CITV. I really like Sakura's new staff and Kero's true form

Last edited by a moderator:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie 2: Eternal

My feelings for this one are identical to the last so I'll just quote what I said there I guess:

IncendiaryLemon said:
I've gushed about Madoka Magica enough on this forum, so I'll keep this brief. Despite there being several scenes cut, at its heart, this is still my favourite anime, and as such I absolutely loved it. Its still the same breathtaking animation, the same excellent characters and the same heart wrenching story that I've come to love. This is my fourth time through (Seen the series 3 times and now this movie) and this just doesn't get old to me. I love it even more every time I watch it.

In terms of changes from the original show, I actually didn't notice any scenes that were cut. It makes sense, Madoka is pretty much perfectly paced and there isn't a lot you could cut really. The only scene I noticed that was altered was after Kyoko's death with Homura in some sort of Graveyard. I think this is a replacement for a scene in the show but I can't for the life of me remember where that scene took place or why it was altered. I also noticed that, during the end when Homura is talking to Madoka, they are both wearing sparkle dresses of some kind as opposed to being nude in the original show. That's kind of neither here nor there really. I do agree with what a couple of people said yesterday about the OP being put in the middle of the film being kind of jarring. A 1 minute sequence in a 2 hour film is my only complaint so this, when paired with the last movie, make for an absolute masterpiece in art, animation, character, music and story.

10/10

On to Rebellion tomorrow, quite excited to watch it again. I barely remember or fully understood anything about Rebellion past the first hour and I haven't seen it dubbed so it will almost like watching it for the first time again.

Freedom-Episodes 3 and 4

Episode 3: This show just keeps getting better, I really liked this episode. I think I judged Takeru as unlikable too early, I think he's fine now, although I find that his motivation for going to Earth a bit dumb. I mean he doesn't want to go because it's his species home planet or because it's supposedly a ruin despite it looking fine or because it could lead to humanity reinhabiting the Earth or anything but because he saw a picture of a cute girl? Hmm. I think I get why 3D animation was used now because during the action sequences like the chase scene or the rocket launch it looks fantastic, but I still think it looks kind of unnatural during the dialogue bits.

As an aside, I was wondering if someone can help me find a voice actor. The guy who voices the blonde government guy sounds super familiar but I can't place it. Trouble is, I don't know the guy's name, I can't screenshot him to show who he is because my copy of Freedom is on BD, MAL doesn't have his character in their Database and ANN doesn't have pictures along with the character names, so I'm without a paddle on all fronts. So if anyone can tell me the name of the character or the English VA, I'd appreciate it :p

Episode 4: Another good episode. The show is really getting to show off it's art now that it's on Earth. The background art is phenomenal!

One Punch Man-Episode 9

Mumen Rider is the hero we deserve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunter x Hunter (2011) - Episodes 28 & 29

After several months away, I was in the mood for Hunter x Hunter and I'm now back on the wagon. I'll probably watch another 25 or so episode and then take another break, in an attempt to avoid "long-running shonen fatigue".

Eeryone's favourite sadomasochist paedophile returns, and adds stalking to his resume. I'm assuming there's not supposed to be that much of a 'sex offender vibe' coming off Hisoka and there's some unfortunate subtitling going on?

Space Adventure Cobra ep2-3

Would have to admit that I put my Cobra discs on the shelf not long after I got them (saw most of the show years ago in French), so it's taken me this long to get around to watching them properly. I'd forgotten what a staggeringly good looking series it actually is - the art is utterly gorgeous, in that 1970s sci-fi novel cover kind of a way, and it's married to what must be some of the highest production values afforded to any TV anime of the decade.

My only slight complaint is that I'm now so used to seeing bootleg releases of the show that I actually expect the audio-described Russian narrator guy to say, "Космическая кобра!" every time the main titles appear on the screen...

Yeah Cobra is a great looking series, oddly I became really attached to the voice acting of all things in that series, I kind of miss hearing Cobra's voice...

I caught up on lots of this season's series yesterday:

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon ep 8.

Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation- ep 7-8. I actually quite like the slower pace this series uses.

Chivalry of a Failed Knight ep 9.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans ep 8.

The Perfect Insider ep 7-8. I always seem to enjoy this show more when watching multiple episodes together, so I'd be interested in rewatching it on disc someday.

Young Black Jack ep 7-8. The way this series uses the 60's setting to actually tell meaningful stories (rather than just using it as background decoration as most anime would) continues to impress, not to mention the range of real issues from the time that are being explored.

Back