Your viewing journal

Shirtless Black Jack ep2-5

I feel like there was a missed opportunity for an injoke where they could have named the Cobra lookalike 'Johnson' instead of 'Smith', but otherwise I am digging this.

britguy said:
Finished the first 12 episodes of K-On and on to the bonus episodes, love this show. Really heart warming and now I need some moe suggestions :p

K-On Season 2-An obvious one, I assume that you're already going to watch it, see also K-On The Movie

Aiura-You can blow through this series in a day, 12 episodes at about 4 minutes each. It's a great series, albeit too short.

School Live!-The less said about this one, the better. Go in blind if you haven't heard about this one already.

Sound! Euphonium-It tends to lean more on the drama but I think this could still meet your requirements. It's animated by KyoAni like K-On and looks just as nice, if not better. Think of it as a bit more serious K-On.

Is The Order a Rabbit?-This show is the pure moe goodness. Nothing else. See also Is The Order a Rabbit?? (Season 2)

Kiniro Mosaic-Next to K-On this is my personal favourite. I absolutely adore this show. Feel free to sample the moe by looking to the right of this post! See also Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (Season 2)

Nichijou-Part Slice of Life part Surreal Comedy, this is one of the funniest, most off the wall comedies I've seen and it's also full of cute moments, especially when the Professor is concerned.

Non Non Biyori-Another personal favourite of mine, this show is just really soothing and calm and it looks really nice to boot! See also Non Non Biyori Repeat (Season 2)

Yuyushiki-This is just one of the most consistently funny shows I've seen, both cute and funny, a little like the aforementioned Nichijou.

Those are all the ones I'd recommend. I'm missing some big ones because I still have a lot of these shows to watch myself. Hopefully that should keep you going a while!

britguy said:
Finished the first 12 episodes of K-On and on to the bonus episodes, love this show. Really heart warming and now I need some moe suggestions :p
To add to IL's list:

Hidamari Sketch
Azumanga Daioh
Lucky Star
Girls und Panzer
So.Ra.No.Wo.To
HaNaYaMaTa

Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions-Episodes 10-12 (Complete)

Episode 10: That confession scene was really well done. Also, wow, that was an abrupt and anticlimactic end to the Kumin and Isshiki plot.

Episode 11: Jeez. That was the most depressing episode of a show I've seen in awhile. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't on the brink of tears when Dekomori was being dragged away or Yuta was yelling at Dekomori. Speaking of, huge props to Dekomori's VA in this episode, she really knocked it out of the park. I really hope the finale ends on a positive, I don't think I could take another episode like this one...

Episode 12: KyoAni, you've done it again.

I'll probably write something in the appropriate thread later on but, needless to say, this was the breath of fresh air I needed after Blade and Soul...

Last edited by a moderator:
britguy said:
Gosick Episodes 1-3: Taking a break between seasons of K-On and felt the need for intrigue. Seems like the making of a good mystery/supernatural show.
I didn't love the first handful of episodes of this show, but thought the last two thirds was honestly excellent. Not a show I see a lot of people talk about, so I'd be interested to know how you find it as you go on.

I had a completely free day today so I spent all day watching anime :D
Fullmetal Alchemist ep 3 - 12
Legend of Legendary Heroes 14 - 19
Fairy Tail ep 261
The Asterisk War ep 9
Is the Order a Rabbit? ep 8
Haikyu!! ep 9
Utawarerumono The False Faces ep 9

Back