Your viewing journal

Space Adventure Cobra ep4-5

Everyone talks about the genius of Kon or of Miyazaki, not enough people talk about the genius of Osamu Dezaki:

[spoilerbutton]
cobra_sequence4_rigged_by_professor_irony-d9j8943.gif
[/spoilerbutton]

Spoilering as animated gif is 3.5mb.

Fullmetal Alchemist ep 31 - 33
Gosick ep 4 - 8
Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans ep 10
One Punch Man ep 10
Concrete Revolutio ep 8
Seraph of the End Battle in Nagoya ep 9
Chivalry of a Failed Knight ep 10

Mangaranga said:
A lot of Fairy Tail (Parts 10, 11 and most of Part 12)

I need to get back into Fairy Tail. I've seen the first 60 episodes thanks to picking up Parts 1-5 and really enjoyed it - though I watched it all in English dub form. Nowadays (and considering my consistency failure with Part 1 *no slipcover with my copy*) I've decided to drop my plans with the Parts and focus on the Collection sets (cheaper and hey it fits the size of Phoenix Priestess!). So far there's 5 collections so that's up to Part 10.

NormanicGrav said:
I need to get back into Fairy Tail. I've seen the first 60 episodes thanks to picking up Parts 1-5 and really enjoyed it - though I watched it all in English dub form. Nowadays (and considering my consistency failure with Part 1 *no slipcover with my copy*) I've decided to drop my plans with the Parts and focus on the Collection sets (cheaper and hey it fits the size of Phoenix Priestess!). So far there's 5 collections so that's up to Part 10.
I watch it with the English Dub. I usually have the show going whilst I'm do something else, as I tend to find that every arc is very drawn out and generally overstays its welcome. I think it's been better since the Ediolas Arc (Episode 90 something I want to say), but far from ideal. For the record I'm on episode 139/175 so far - and don't get me wrong, I still like the show - but a fair chunk of it is padded out and utterly boring. Combined with being an SD upscale and a show that has a lot of limited animation, I personally can't wait to start episodes 176+ since I'll at least be watching a HD Native show which should have better animation.

NormanicGrav said:
Mangaranga said:
A lot of Fairy Tail (Parts 10, 11 and most of Part 12)

Fairy Tail seems something of an oddity to me, it's presented and treated as a mostly fairly serious fantasy series, when in reality it's more of a bad fantasy sitcom. I watched the first three episodes and they literally consisted of nothing but spectacularly broad (and generally not very funny) comedy, people prostituting themselves and/or ending up in various states of undress.

I feel like the marketing and the way the show is talked about by it's fanbase really sell the show as something different to what the first few episodes actually are. The show they talk about sounds amazing, the show I watched -- much less so. Is there a tonal change at some point or am I just missing what other people see in it?

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
I watch it with the English Dub. I usually have the show going whilst I'm do something else, as I tend to find that every arc is very drawn out and generally overstays its welcome. I think it's been better since the Ediolas Arc (Episode 90 something I want to say), but far from ideal. For the record I'm on episode 139/175 so far - and don't get me wrong, I still like the show - but a fair chunk of it is padded out and utterly boring. Combined with being an SD upscale and a show that has a lot of limited animation, I personally can't wait to start episodes 176+ since I'll at least be watching a HD Native show which should have better animation.
And better fanservice :wink: :wink:

*I'll leave the room*

:lol:

Ep 10 of One-Punch Man
Ep 10 of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans....looks like Akihiro will be fighting his brother in the next episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is The Order a Rabbit??-Episode 9

I *really* hope that Chiya keeps that Fleur uniform...

Owarimonogatari-Episode 10

When this show finishes, I'm going to have to watch this arc over from the start. These last two episodes have been plot dump heavy and I think some of it is going over my head. This is my first time watching Monogatari as it broadcasts and I'm starting to think watching it week by week is a poor way to take in this show. I imagine this arc will all click in my head if I watch it all over a single day like I watched all the other arcs. I will say I really enjoyed the banter between Araragi and Kanbaru at the end of this episode, nice to have a break from the exposition.

Azumanga Daioh-Episodes 1-3

Episode 1: Off to a pretty good start, I quite liked this initial episode. Kind of reminds me of Nichijou a little bit only with the wackiness toned down a fair bit and it also reminds me of Yuyushiki a fair bit too. Just a question, if anyone else owns the Madman release of this show, do they notice any ghosting? I'm not sure if it's because I'm playing it on my PC or if it's because of the release. I have deinterlacing on but you can still notice some ghosting sometimes.

Episode 2: I wonder if Chiyo can exchange her old twin tails in exchange to get credit towards new ones...

Episode 3: Yukari is easily the best part about this show.

Back