Your viewing journal

NormanicGrav said:
DragonBlaze67 said:
Freedom Episode 7 (Complete)

Pretty good end to the series. I recommend it to anyone that likes sci-fi adventures, problem is it's hard to get as the Manga release is faulty and the Beez/Bandai release which is fine is OOP.

I hear the Madman version also has the same problems as Manga's release, which is even more of a problem.

Damn that's bad but not surprising as Manga tend to use either Madmans or Funis masters for their discs.

DragonBlaze67 said:

Pretty good end to the series. I recommend it to anyone that likes sci-fi adventures, problem is it's hard to get as the Manga release is faulty and the Beez/Bandai release which is fine is OOP.

I thought the ending was a bit rushed. When it just cut to two years later with no real explanation of what Takeru did to get free from his capture then just ended I thought it could have used a bit more explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
IncendiaryLemon said:
DragonBlaze67 said:

I thought the ending was a bit rushed. When it just cut to two years later with no real explanation of what Takeru did to get free from his capture then just ended I thought it could have used a bit more explanation.

I think the two years later in Eden was from when Takeru first left and then when he came back again. I was surprised at how much time had passed as well but don't forget he & Biz travelled from Las Vegas to near the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, i can imagine that took at least a good few months to travel that distance, then they had to build a rocket to get him and Ao to Eden etc.

They did show how Takeru escaped his prison cell, he used a fork to threaten the guard to let them go. Although the guard was planning to free them anyway so i doubt he put up much of a fight to let them go.

DragonBlaze67 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
DragonBlaze67 said:

I think the two years later in Eden was from when Takeru first left and then when he came back again. I was surprised at how much time had passed as well but don't forget he & Biz travelled from Las Vegas to near the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, i can imagine that took at least a good few months to travel that distance, then they had to build a rocket to get him and Ao to Eden etc.

They did show how Takeru escaped his prison cell, he used a fork to threaten the guard to let them go. Although the guard was planning to free them anyway so i doubt he put up much of a fight to let them go.

No not that, I mean at the last like 2 minutes of episode 7.

Young Black Jack ep8

That was a strong end to Johnny's story and the civil-rights arc, although I kind of wonder if Tommy had a larger role in the manga? The weird clown motif at the end makes me feel like there was a longer story there.

Gosick18-24 FINISHED

Really good show, from episode 13 onwards the individual story arcs/overarching story was great. Really enjoyable show, Victorique sometimes grated one me with her annoying Tsundere tendencies, but overall she was a rather likeable character.

Mobile Suit Gundam Episodes 1-2

I had no plan to watch this until Part 2 released, and I just felt like checking out how it looked. I'm amazed at how well this show looks, yes it is a bit rough around the edges, but the art style and design is great, much better than even a lot of modern anime! Show hooked me from the get go, but I think as with many thinks much older than I, the pacing will likely be deliberately slower, so I don't forsee binge watching this being a good option, si i'm going to pace myself with a couple of episodes a week.

Mobile Suit Gundam ep 17 - 21 I have enjoyed this series so far .
Fullmetal Alchemist ep 28 - 30
K Return of the Kings ep 10
Comet Lucifer ep 9
Fairy Tail ep 262
Is the Order a Rabbit ep 9
Haikyu!! ep 10
Utawarerumono The False Faces ep 10
The Asterisk War ep 10
Gosick ep 1 - 3 I didn't get a chance to watch this when they were on cr . They left the service around the time that I started watching anime . Picked up the DVDs in the madman sale and I'm glad I did really enjoyed the first 3 episodes .

Over the last few days, I watched the first season of Is The Order A Rabbit? and found it to be such a cute and charming series. Chino's dad is easily the coolest anime dad ever!

I also watched the first episode of the second season.

Young Black Jack episode 10
Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya episode 9
The Asterisk War episodes 9-10
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic episodes 14-21
Cardcaptor Sakura episodes 53-54

Is The Order A Rabbit??/Gochumon Wa Usagi Desu Ka?? (Season 2) Episode 8.
There was a good opportunity for some fourth wall breaking (or pretending to break it then turning the camera) in that stalker story towards the end. It was a solid episode overall, it felt like most of the characters had some pretty good moments and there were a few nice subtle touches in the interactions.

It's really quite a good time to be a fan of this sort of thing.

Back