Your viewing journal

ayase said:
To answer your other questions:
-bag resealer
-he's rich

He would still have to reseal the bag in his house which was laden with cameras. Maybe he resealed it at a friends house? I'm probably overthinking it :p

animefreak17 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
I know that, but that does change the fact he is now killing innocent people with no remorse just to cover his own back.

It was necessary for him to not get caught but the remorse thing yeah I get what you mean..... but his better then Lelouch tho

Haven't gotten to Lelouch yet. It's certainly on the list but the fact the blu rays are Kaze distributed which is offputting. That's espcially considering they're £30 a season still. I don't mind the price, it's reasonable for a 2 cour show, but if it's a substandard release, I don't want to be spending that kind of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gurren Lagann - Episode 2 (Blu-ray)

ilmaestro said:
Orgun said:
Gurren Lagann - Episode 1 (Blu-ray)

A bit late to the party with this
Eh, it'd be more in line with your usual "year of viewing vs year of production" to be watching this show in about 2025, so I'd say you've moved fairly quickly. :p

You what ?!?!

Heaven's Lost Property: Forte Episodes 1 & 2*

School Days Episode 6

* A rewatch - already seen HLP: Forte on dvd back when it was first released. This is the classics rerelease version.

Attack on Titan s1 ep9-13.

High School DxD: BorN s3 ep8. This has finally rediscovered that sense of perverted fun that made the earlier seasons so good. About time.

Sound! Euphonium ep8. What the... when did this get so good? Some proper slice-of-life style character development here, and a real joy to watch. One thing I didn't understand though, why did the school uniform change half way through the episode? At first I though it was a flashback to middle school, but that clearly wasn't the case. Did the animators get bored and decide to change them or something?

I believe in some Japanese schools it's the custom to have different uniforms for the summer and winter - I imagine the summer uniform is designed to be cooler, more comfortable to wear when it's hot.

Lutga said:
I believe in some Japanese schools it's the custom to have different uniforms for the summer and winter - I imagine the summer uniform is designed to be cooler, more comfortable to wear when it's hot.

I can confirm that this happens in some British schools too :D

R

If you don't know about Summer/Winter School Uniform changes then you clearly need to watch more slice of life/cute girls doing cute things shows. I probably learned most of what I know about Japan from Azumanga Daioh (which is why I probably know almost nothing about Japan).

With regard to Death Note, I remember trying a few episodes and being disappointed that Light didn't quite have the personality I hoped. I was kind of hoping he'd try to use the Death Note to help push the world into a being better place where everyone (who survived) could get along without having to worry about crime or war or whatever and then once he'd succeeded he'd be the last name to be written. Basically, sacrificing himself by being a villain so that others could be innocent. I guess the story is maybe a bit like that but I wasn't entirely sold on it.

Still, I watched Death Note at a bad time when I couldn't watch as much anime anyway so that was part of the reason that I never went back to it. I suppose it's technically the first show I dropped but I forget about it because it was before I was really into anime. I don't usually like to judge things by what they're not rather than by what they are so it's an odd exception that I should maybe give a second chance (although I'm not sure I'd be enthusiastic enough to put the effort in, I'm pretty lazy after all).

I have to admit I never got into death note either,

I watched a few episodes but just couldnt get into it at the time. Its one of those anime I feel I need to give another go as everyone rates it highly.... Its just about getting around to it lol.

Back to the thread, I'm on episode 13 of fruits basket and really enjoying it !
Its got a sweet innocent edge that I quite like, and the drawing has a soft dreamy like look

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders (Japanese Dub) - Episode 45
Hyperdimension Neptunia (English Dub) - Episode 01
Darker Than Black (English Dub) - Episodes 01-02

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders-Episode 45

I hope Senator Philips is the one to bring down Dio :p

Death Note (Dub)-Episodes 14-24

Episode 16:Ooookay. So if Light has no memory of the Death Note and has relinquished ownership of the Death Note, how the hell does this show still have another 21 episodes? I'm very interested to know where they go from here because that seemed like something there isn't any coming back from.

Episode 19: I'm not sure I like the direction the show seems to be taking. The entire crux of why I was enjoying the show so thoroughly was the tension between L and Light and Light barely escaping getting caught and the schemes he comes up with to avoid capture. That seems to be entirely gone and is now instead is focusing on some businessmen using the Death Note. It's way less interesting and I really hope it comes back around somehow.

Episode 20: ****, that new OP is intense. I kind of love it. I hope it's hinting that it's going back the original story as it still features prominent imagery of Light vs L and of Ryuk, who hasn't been seen since Light lost his memory. Also
best friends forever
gRF5Z4t.png

Side note, I wish they'd decide on a colour for Misa's eyes. They seem to go from Yellow to Blue from episode to episode, it's really distracting.

Episode 24: Hooray, Light got his memories back. Really liked the flashback sequences as it showed the ingenious planning of Light. Glad that the Light vs L stuff can pick up again. I think that the whole Business men arc has been a weak point of the show but I still really enjoyed it. I think that speaks volumes for how good the show is, I am genuinely loving it. Normally I just watch 3 or 4 episodes of a show in a day but with Death Note I'm constantly watching about 10 or 11 a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gurren Lagann - Episodes 5 & 6 (Blu-ray)

Really quite enjoying this.

Ghost in rhe Shell Arise: Alternative Architecture - Episodes 7 & 8

Back