Your viewing journal

Re: Romeo no Aoi Sora (Romeo's Blue Skies): Ep 1 - 6 (out of

Professor Irony said:
qaiz said:
where they then live a life of a chimney sweeper.

Ah, okay - now I get the English title in that image. At least it saves me the same disappointment as when I first heard someone talk about 'Shaft anime'.
:lol:

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed C.E.73 Stargazer - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final]

Actually not bad for a short ONA from the Seed universe and perfect for a short Mecha blast.

Sound Euphonium - ep 8

Holy crap,that was quite possible the most yuri-tastic thing I've ever seen. I was literally on the edge of my seat through the whole thing.

Also, that line 'That's hot', when Kumiko sees Reina is in pain from walking up the mountain. Secret sado-masochist?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Place to Place (Japanese Dub) - Episodes 11-12 (Complete)
Place to Place: Place=Princess (Japanese Dub) - OVA/Episode 13 (Complete)

Sound! Euphonium-Episode 8

Wow. I genuinely loved this episode. I can't exactly place my finger on why but this episode was easily the best the show has had and I just loved every second of it. I think it was mostly the dialogue. Most of it felt very, I dunno, genuine I guess? Everything from the gorgeous visuals and fantastic music just really made this episode click. Also, I agree Lutga, The yuri undertones were off the scale. It was amazing.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Shiki (Dub)-Episodes 9-14

Things seem to be keep ramping up. I quite enjoy the different spin on Vampires presented here, in that the people who turn retain their personalities. It really creates a moral quandary in weather or not people should kill them or not. I'm also really enjoying the character of Ozaki. Out of the three leads, he's easily my favourite. His metal spiral into borderline madness is done very well and very gradually. Yuuki is decent. He is rather cold and a little unrelatable but I enjoy his scenes of him trying to find out what's happening and he is generally the one who furthers the plot. That was, until he died. I'm very interested to see what happens when he (inevitably) resurrects and if he'll go back to helping the humans or if he'll stay on the side of the vampires. Muroi is just kind of dull and doesn't do much at all. Also, as a side note, Megumi is very fun to watch, I always enjoy her scenes, even if she has minimal bearing to the story on the whole. Still kind of wondering WHY the Vampires wanted to convert the entire village into Vampires.

I can answer that question......your supposed to figure it out your self but il enlighten you

the shiki want to take over the village because it's the perfect hide away and its a out of the way village they want it so they can have a home for them selfs and a place where Shiki won't be hated or feared..........they want to be accepted but because of what they are and because if humanity's fear of the unknown they have no choice but to turn people in to shiki.... they don't do it out of malice but for a place to call home for there kind .....but a co existence is possible....... each shiki can bit one person for 3 nights and then they move on without turning the human or killing them...... but the reason a co existence won't work is because humans hate and fear what they don't understand

Make sure you watch the rest to make up your mind up

animefreak17 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Things seem to be keep ramping up. I quite enjoy the different spin on Vampires presented here, in that the people who turn retain their personalities. It really creates a moral quandary in weather or not people should kill them or not. I'm also really enjoying the character of Ozaki. Out of the three leads, he's easily my favourite. His metal spiral into borderline madness is done very well and very gradually. Yuuki is decent. He is rather cold and a little unrelatable but I enjoy his scenes of him trying to find out what's happening and he is generally the one who furthers the plot. That was, until he died. I'm very interested to see what happens when he (inevitably) resurrects and if he'll go back to helping the humans or if he'll stay on the side of the vampires. Muroi is just kind of dull and doesn't do much at all. Also, as a side note, Megumi is very fun to watch, I always enjoy her scenes, even if she has minimal bearing to the story on the whole. Still kind of wondering WHY the Vampires wanted to convert the entire village into Vampires.

I can answer that question......your supposed to figure it out your self but il enlighten you

the shiki want to take over the village because it's the perfect hide away and its a out of the way village they want it so they can have a home for them selfs and a place where Shiki won't be hated or feared..........they want to be accepted but because of what they are and because if humanity's fear of the unknown they have no choice but to turn people in to shiki.... they don't do it out of malice but for a place to call home for there kind .....but a co existence is possible....... each shiki can bit one person for 3 nights and then they move on without turning the human or killing them...... but the reason a co existence won't work is because humans hate and fear what they don't understand

Interesting. However if the entire village consisted of Shiki, wouldn't they all starve? Obviously if the show explains it don't spoil it please.

IncendiaryLemon said:
animefreak17 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Interesting. However if the entire village consisted of Shiki, wouldn't they all starve? Obviously if the show explains it don't spoil it please.

well not really...... go read manga.... it explains alot more then the anime .. It's only 41 chapters and it has many things in it that the anime doesn't have

Love Live! School Idol Project 10-13 (Season 1 End).

Episode 10 was definitely my highlight of the season; it was the kind of episode I'd hoped for and it really helped Maki rise to become my favourite character.

That said though, one thing I was really let down by was how formulaic and predictable the story became towards its climax; especially given that the triggering event also happened in K-ON!. I really liked how the series was willing to explore the more emotional depths than K-ON! was though. Although the scene where Honoka appeared at the airport just before Kotori was about to depart was just too cliché; I swear every soap has had something like that at one point.

Maybe I'll get to watch season two this week if work allows...

P.S. The director that pulled μ's from the Love Live wasn't the school's director but the series', due to the production committee realising that they could do a second season, right? :p

Macross Plus OVA, international version.

Looks, and sounds, absolutely stunning on blu. Won't need to be buying this one ever again! :D

I'm watching Parasyte. I'm on ep 15 or so. I'm quite enjoying, it's pretty well written to be honest. I remember prof dropping it, but what did others here think of it?

I watched up to about episode seven or so, I thought the gradual effect of the parasyte on Shinichi's psychological well-being was starting to give the show some real bite over and above the high-medium level that its other elements average out to. Don't remember why I stopped watching, other than the fact that sometimes I just stop watching something.

vashdaman said:
I'm watching Parasyte. I'm on ep 15 or so. I'm quite enjoying, it's pretty well written to be honest. I remember prof dropping it, but what did others here think of it?

I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect but there was something oddly compelling which kept me coming back each week, and the weird soundtrack was neat.

R

vashdaman said:

I absolutely loved the first half - one of the best shows of the season, and thought it came close to Death Note in places in terms of that 'just one more episode!' itch in terms of tension and pacing. Sadly, it goes pretty downhill in the final third in my opinion, and the last episode is frankly an absolute waste - it just feels like it runs out of steam. But maybe that was just my experience.

Back