Your viewing journal

Shiki (Dub)-Episodes 15-22 Complete
Shiki Specials (Dub)-Episodes 1 and 2 Complete

Phew, I blew through that pretty quickly. 3 days is a lot less time than it usually takes me to finish a show.

Gurren Lagann - Episode 1 (Blu-ray)

A bit late to the party with this but I thought it was about time I finally saw it. This was a great opening episode can't wait to see more.

Orgun said:
Gurren Lagann - Episode 1 (Blu-ray)

A bit late to the party with this
Eh, it'd be more in line with your usual "year of viewing vs year of production" to be watching this show in about 2025, so I'd say you've moved fairly quickly. :p

Romeo no Aoi Sora (Romeo's Blue Skies): Ep 7 - 12 (out of 33

Another six episodes gone, just like that. Time flies when you’re having fun, and those 2 and a half hours were just as incredible as the first 6 episodes. The emotions run high in this show, and my love for this series hasn’t waned in the slightest.
qm6iYJB.jpg
A lot happened. I'm going to go into episode specifics, so I guess avoid reading ahead if you want to go in clean! Episode 7 sees the two boys, Romeo and Alfredo being sold to two men, and thus split up as they begin their lives as chimney sweepers. But as always, their friendship continues as they make a pact with one another, that they’ll always remember each other and one day return to each other. We see Romeo move into his new home, with a cell for a room and no food, his optimism fades. While trying to get some sleep however, he hears the voice of what he can only describe as an angel. Who is that girl?
Episode 8 seems Romeos first day on the job, as he tries to conjure up some vigor and oomph in his stride, as he remembers what his friend told him, always be positive and most importantly, keep your spirits up. Like the previous episodes, this episode elicits all sorts of emotions. Some parts are lighthearted, while others sad. The way in which the chimney sweeping is depicted almost made it hard for even me to breathe as the soot fills Romeos lungs. It’s a tough day, but while trying to get some sleep, he finds a gift nestled in his room. Did that girl leave it for him?
Episode 9 is a beautiful one. While cleaning the chimney of a professor, he shows his gratitude by gifting young Romeo with a picture book. Romeo, embarrassed admits that he can’t read, and the professor gives him his first lesson. “mi chiamo RomeoMy name is Romeo.
Another gift awaits Romeo when he gets home, with a letter inside the box as well as some food. Romeo, forbidden to see girl who hasn’t left her room, decided to write his first letter, to her, his love letter. Most of the letter he receives flies over his head, but he recognizes one line at the very end. Come ti chiamo?Mi chiamo Romeo”. Slipping the letter under her door, her light turns on as it shines underneath the door, with the girl promptly sliding under another letter to him. Of course he can’t read it so he asks the professor the next morning to read it to him. The first letter speaks of how she’s been watching him in the garden from her window ever since he arrived, and that she wishes to speak to him. The second letter reads “Tomorrow when everyone is sleeping, I will signal you with my music box. Please pay me a visit.” The end of the episode sees Romeo enter her room as he’s struck by her beauty, the girl he calls angel.
In episode 10, the girl, who we find out is called Angeletta, is a girl who’s been bedridden for years. She shows Romeo drawings that she’s done of him. Unable to see the vast blue sky from her room, she asks Romeo to sketch the open blue sky for her. Things go weary as her brother, the goody two shoes Anzelmo who is a part of a gang named the Wolf Pack, becomes aware of their relationship. As Romeo tries to sketch the sky, Anzelmo steals his book. Everything works out in the end as Romeo brings back something for Angeletta that reminds her of the blue sky.
Both episode 11 and 12 were hard to watch as Anzelmo is tasked by the gang leader to steal something cool. He finds out about the forbidden relationship between Romeo and his sister and pretends to become friends with Romeo, only to steal his love letter. The love letter in actuality is a page from Angeletta’s diary that she gave to Romeo by mistake. In the letter, she talks about how she’s worried about her brother and his lies. The gang, reading this letter are pissed about all of his lies and beat Anzelmo up into a bloody mess. He vows to seek revenge on Romeo.
Anzelmo frames Romeo as he’s beaten up outside of Angelette’s room, with her gasping for breath, clutching her chest as her condition worsens, using every ounce of will to try and save him. An amazing episode that was hard to watch and full of raw emotion that was palpable.

Overall 6 amazing episodes that have me clamoring for more. From the music to the animation, I find it hard to stop watching on.

Knights of Sidonia - Episodes 9 - 12 (S1 END) (Dub)

This show is actually really good. I'd really recommend giving it a go if you have access to Netflix and/or a BD.
The dub was pretty good too for the most part, although there were certain episodes where it sounds like everyone was on a tight schedule and just stiffly read the script in front of them, unnatural pauses and all.

Kuroko's Basketball (Japanese Dub) - Episodes 67-68 (*up to date (CR ver.)*)
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (Japanese Dub) - Episodes 14-16

UBW Episode 15: Well that happened. Poor Illya, if only there was a plot twist where she suddenly comes back as a magical girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Triage X - episode 8

No surprises that Manga/Animatsu picked this up - it's exactly their kind of shoe, piled high with boobs, babes and bullets. Some of the censorship in this shoe is laughable - like this latest episode where a key character basically has their crotch obscured with blackness for the whole episode.

I kind of almost dread to think of the levels of sordidness the no-holds-barred Blu-Ray version will eventually look like.

Romeo no Aoi Sora (Romeo's Blue Skies): Ep 13 - 16 (out of 3

Another day, another bit of Romeo’s Blue Skies. I only watched four episodes today but these episodes were really good, and I love the direction in which the show is heading. I’ve watched some great stuff thus far, but nothing has really elicited a sense of childhood wonder as much as this show. A show that’s both grim while also being something that both a younger audience and adults alike can enjoy. It’s not what I’d call a standard kids show, but it’s not trying to be super grown up either. Instead, it’s a show that stays true to the harsh realities that surrounded this period and time in history for the poor and young while also focusing on the universal story of two boys becoming brothers. Everything feels genuine.
These will go into episode specifics, so avoid if you want to go into the series clean! Episode 13 picks up where the last one left off, with Romeo running off after being falsely accused of stealing money from his owners, set up by that bastard Anzelmo. Chased by police whom if they get their hands on him will beat the living daylights out of him (which par for the course in that era), to make matters worse he also bumps into the Wolf Pack who have a score to settle with him. Running for his life through the winding streets of Milan, a shadowy figure saves him just in the nick of time. Romeo finds out that his savior is one of the boys that he previously had assumed to have died out at sea while heading to Milan with the God of Death, Dante. Here Dante explains to Romeo that they have a ticket out of the city, by hitching on a cart. Romeo doesn’t want to leave Angeletta behind of course, at least not on that note, but in the end he succumbs to the plan and decided that he needs to get out saving his life.
While this is going on, Angeletta, who knows the truth, tells her father about Romeo’s innocence, having witnessed first hand Anzelmo framing him. The lady of the house however threatens him to not snitch on their one and only son. She’s a scary lady that’s for sure. The end of the episode sees him getting onto the cart, but one of the female members of the Wolf Pack (who seems to have some sort of soft spot for Romeo) notices that he got onto the wrong cart, one that is filled with explosives.
In Episode 14, we discover that the bomb-ridden cart belongs to a couple that intend to blow up the police station. Romeo, locked in the police station with the explosives escapes, but as he walks away, he decides to go back to the police station in order to warn everybody there about said explosives. Be it chance or luck, his owner happens to be in the police station too, and as the police try and take Romeo away to be locked up, he frantically warns them of the bomb. Of course they don’t believe a little scoundrel like himself, but sure enough the bomb goes off and his warnings save everybody. All a bit convenient for sure, but it all works well in the context of the show and I can suspend some disbelief. Romeo, knocked unconscious in the rubble is tended to by the police and his owner who is grateful for his heroic antics. His owner, moved and touched tells the police the truth, that it was his own Son who is to blame and that Romeo was innocent all along. On his way home, that day, his owner declares Romeo a free man and grants him the ability to become friends with his daughter. His owner removes the bars from Romeo’s room and makes him a proper bed. Honestly, I teared up a lot at the end of this episode and audibly laughed with glee and joy at the end. The way in which you see the man defend Romeo against his own wife and son was super touching and the reunion at the end was beautiful.
Episode 15 with a change of pace deals with Romeos day off, where he goes off to search for his friend, Alfredo. On the way he meets many of his old buddies whom he thought to have been dead at sea, while making new friends, fellow chimney sweepers who’ve been saved and touched by Alfredo in one way or another. Together, they make a pact, to become the Black Brothers, a reference to their soot covered bodies due to the hard work in the chimneys and a reference to the book this is based upon.
Episode 16 continues this arc, but this time focusing on how Romeo feels like a child when next to his friend, the mature Alfredo, only one year older than himself. Romeo vows to finish reading the picture book he was given. I related a lot to this episode and again found it very emotional. It also shows the hardships Alfredo faces and the lengths that he goes to read books which I thought was nicely done. That way, I felt sympathy for both of them.
Overall, four really good, varied episodes which took me in places that I didn’t expect to go. Honestly, words don’t do it justice, from the music and character designs to the voice acting and story, this is the most emotionally invested I’ve been watching a show in a while. Don’t dismiss it as a kids show, not that there’s anything wrong with that label, but this show is really well done.

Death Note (Dub)-Episodes 1-11
Episode 1: Interesting first episode. Laid out the concept nicely and set things up. Not sure about the character of Light yet. I mean he seems to be doing good by using his new found power for good but he seems a little nuts and has aspirations to become god. This is bound to end poorly. I also can't decide if Ryuk's design is creepy or silly. I'm also wondering where they're going to go from here. I mean Light just appeared to kill every famous criminal he could think of in the first episode. Not sure what this leaves for the other 36.

Episode 2: Ah, now this sets up the rest of the show. L's first appearance is certainly quite impressive. It will be quite interesting to see how it plays out. I'm a little unsure who is supposed to be the protagonist and who is supposed to be the antagonist. The show seems to suggest Light is the protagonist since it's the character we're first introduced to and he seems to be using his powers for good but L on the other hand has morals which Light seems to lack. I quite like how it's playing with conventions by not making it black and white.

Episode 5: Okay, any pretence that Light was good seems to have gone, now he's straight up killing FBI agents. Still, I find it very interesting the show primarily follows the antagonist and not the protagonist. I'd be interested in watching more shows that follow the bad guy more than the heroes.

Episode 8: Okay, I had some issues with this episode. How the hell did Light manage to put a Mini LCD TV inside a bag of crisps? For starters, it was shown that the bag was sealed. How did he manage to reseal the bag? Second of all, how did he afford a mini TV? It seems quite implausible seeing as he doesn't have a job. If he had it before hand, how did he smuggle the TV out of the house to put in the bag without being noticed? Lastly, he has a page of the Death Note in the bag too. How did he tear a page out without the cameras seeing? I suppose it could have been a page he already had but didn't use but still, my other questions still remain. It was still an enjoyable episode, I am really liking this series so far, but it was hard to look past some of the plot holes.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Death Note (Dub)-Episodes 1-8
Episode 1: Interesting first episode. Laid out the concept nicely and set things up. Not sure about the character of Light yet. I mean he seems to be doing good by using his new found power for good but he seems a little nuts and has aspirations to become god. This is bound to end poorly. I also can't decide if Ryuk's design is creepy or silly. I'm also wondering where they're going to go from here. I mean Light just appeared to kill every famous criminal he could think of in the first episode. Not sure what this leaves for the other 36.

Episode 2: Ah, now this sets up the rest of the show. L's first appearance is certainly quite impressive. It will be quite interesting to see how it plays out. I'm a little unsure who is supposed to be the protagonist and who is supposed to be the antagonist. The show seems to suggest Light is the protagonist since it's the character we're first introduced to and he seems to be using his powers for good but L on the other hand has morals which Light seems to lack. I quite like how it's playing with conventions by not making it black and white.

Episode 5: Okay, any pretence that Light was good seems to have gone, now he's straight up killing FBI agents. Still, I find it very interesting the show primarily follows the antagonist and not the protagonist. I'd be interested in watching more shows that follow the bad guy more than the heroes.

Episode 8: Okay, I had some issues with this episode. How the hell did Light manage to put a Mini LCD TV inside a bag of crisps? For starters, it was shown that the bag was sealed. How did he manage to reseal the bag? Second of all, how did he afford a mini TV? It seems quite implausible seeing as he doesn't have a job. If he had it before hand, how did he smuggle the TV out of the house to put in the bag without being noticed? Lastly, he has a page of the Death Note in the bag too. How did he tear a page out without the cameras seeing? I suppose it could have been a page he already had but didn't use but still, my other questions still remain. It was still an enjoyable episode, I am really liking this series so far, but it was hard to look past some of the plot holes.

Episode 5
it was ether kill her or they find out about who kira really is so he had no choice but to do it

I know that, but that does change the fact he is now killing innocent people with no remorse just to cover his own back.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Episode 5: Okay, any pretence that Light was good seems to have gone, now he's straight up killing FBI agents.
That's not automatically a bad thing hi GCHQ! but yeah, this was definitely the moment when Light's delusions of grandeur started trumping his moral crusade and turned him into a massive hypocrite. If he wasn't already one by breaking laws defined by others to further punish people for breaking those same laws. I'd honestly have more sympathy for the guy if he was following his own moral code rather than trying to brutally enforce an arbitrary one defined by laws he didn't write, but then I guess as the son of a cop that's probably part of who he is.

To answer your other questions:
-bag resealer
-he's rich

IncendiaryLemon said:
I know that, but that does change the fact he is now killing innocent people with no remorse just to cover his own back.

It was necessary for him to not get caught but the remorse thing yeah I get what you mean..... but his better then Lelouch tho

Back