What you guys doing right now.

We have a similar story in my family.
I think most people do if they’re inclined to look! While it might not be of interest to everybody, I almost wonder if genealogy should be part of the school curriculum. I think it would probably go a long way to helping eliminate xenophobia if people realised how diverse their own heritages were, especially in the UK where there have been immigrants, settlers and invaders from just about everywhere in Europe since Roman times. One of the reasons I’ve never felt particularly “English” is because I know not only is a good proportion of my ancestry on both sides Scottish, but I also have Irish, Cornish, Italian, French etc.

Interesting story, ayase. Where in Italy and where in Scotland, do you know?
Unclear on Italy, but the family appears to have been of Venetian origin. On the Scottish side, they seem to have been content to remain fixtures of the Paisley area for about two hundred years, but move on just in time to miss out on the witch trials. Coincidence?

I think it would probably go a long way to helping eliminate xenophobia if people realised how diverse their own heritages were
I always remember there was a TV program on Five, I think, once where they took a load of different peoples and did the DNA test thing. There was one moron from the BNP who swore up and down that she was Anglo-Saxon and was very surprised when she got the results 😂

On the Scottish side, they seem to have been content to remain fixtures of the Paisley area for about two hundred years
Ah, bordering Glasgow...

So much makes sense now, though I’m not certain mixing Italian hot-bloodedness and Scottish hard-headedness was really the best idea.

... the most hard-headed place in all of Scotland. That really does make a lot of sense now. 😛

... the most hard-headed place in all of Scotland. That really does make a lot of sense now. 😛
I mean, when you consider it must also have been the ancestral home of Ian Paisley’s family, winner of “most obstinate man in the UK” title for several decades running...

Had a dingly darn good takeaway and caught up on TOH after my work shifts and I plan to spend tonight playing videogames and taking it easy....there's cheesecake in the fridge from said takeaway and I'm going to be ready for that~

Had a dingly darn good takeaway and caught up on TOH after my work shifts and I plan to spend tonight playing videogames and taking it easy....there's cheesecake in the fridge from said takeaway and I'm going to be ready for that~

Always nice to hear some Ned Flanders-ian XD How are you? I hope you enjoy the cheesecake, what's TOH? :)

The indoor temperature finally hit my breaking point today, so I hooked up the portable AC for the first time this year. In the years I've had it so far, I've usually only needed it for a handful of days per year, but it's still one of the best purchases I've ever made. The main downside with the portable ones is the noise, since the whole mechanism is indoors, unlike fitted AC. It's impossible to hear the TV at a sane volume without using headphones.

The indoor temperature finally hit my breaking point today, so I hooked up the portable AC for the first time this year. In the years I've had it so far, I've usually only needed it for a handful of days per year, but it's still one of the best purchases I've ever made. The main downside with the portable ones is the noise, since the whole mechanism is indoors, unlike fitted AC. It's impossible to hear the TV at a sane volume without using headphones.
that's one of the best things about autumn, winter and early spring is that i can watch tv in 100% silence, i could probably do summer too but i'm not paying £200 for the dyson fan that'll be out for maybe 3-4 weeks and sentenced back into the phantom attic

Eating a chocolate croissant and getting ready to visit my mum in Devon for two weeks, very suddenly for reasons I won't go into here but she is OK so don't worry everyone! :) I think I'm mostly packed now just gotta do a few final bits like my laptop and charger cables, and take the rubbish out so it doesn't go all eww while I'm away...

Yesterday I was chatting with my friend and prebooking attractions for when we visit Belfast next month.

It is my friend's wedding and it'll be the first time that me and my mate have gone to Belfast, so we'll be doing a solid mix of food, drink, history and culture.

Wondering if it’s possible for superego death to happen and what the practical difference would be between that and psychopathy. Asking for a friend.

Watching Bleach Season 1 whilst perusing dating apps and losing the will to live 😩😂 I’ll be playing Overwatch all afternoon as it’s the best thing so far to distract my brain the longest. Ever since they made the change to play with other consoles its gotten progressively worse.

I’ll be playing Overwatch all afternoon as it’s the best thing so far to distract my brain the longest. Ever since they made the change to play with other consoles its gotten progressively worse.
Oh shoot you reminded me I need to play Overwatch for the weeklies too. I used to play Overwatch all the time but it's become a chore now. I mostly waste my time on Apex Legends these days but even that's becoming stale.

Oh shoot you reminded me I need to play Overwatch for the weeklies too. I used to play Overwatch all the time but it's become a chore now. I mostly waste my time on Apex Legends these days but even that's becoming stale.
Tell me about it! I hate going into arcade now but when its an event, I want those extra loot boxes! When its just a challenge then i’ll go into comp to win that. I didnt bother with OW for weeks but it is the best depression distraction I’ve found so far. I listen to music when I play so rarely here the cue for enemy ults which is always fun 😂 I luck out a lot I dont have death by them.

Back