What you guys doing right now.

What are any of us really doing, maaan?

(jokes I'm at my computer listening to Slow Burn by Kacey Musgraves on a loop and thinking too much about if I'll ever find a boyfriend and whether to have another snack before I go back to bed.)

Woke from a particularly vivid dream in which I slowly and graphically decapitated someone to hear the old lady next door going off on one to no-one in particular like she has Tourettes and is also possessed. And now it sounds as though someone (or something) is using a steel bin in the back alley as a punching bag and somewhere in the distance, a train is blowing its horn an inordinate amount of times.

Sure is a full moon.

Tying myself up in (strictly metaphorical) knots over a possible romantic relationship that I have no idea if is right for me. Also listening to Go Do by Jonsi and wanting to go on another walk, prob. will do that in a bit...

Looking forward to going to Manchester sometime in the next couple of weeks - I haven't been for years and there are a few shops I reallllllly want to go to 😅

ayase’s day, a short story.

it’s time to put that Gall Force poster in a frame so I can display it
it’s the same size as another clip frame I have, but that one already has another picture in it
let’s go buy a frame
go to Wilko, find clip frames
dimensions are apparently 1cm bigger in each direction
surely that must be a mistake?
even if it isn’t, a 5mm border won’t look that bad, right?
purchase frame
it’s apparently £9 rather than £7 because they had been put in the wrong place
mildly annoyed
frame is slightly too wide to carry underarm
have to carry it in my hand
against the wind and in the heat
now mildly annoyed, too hot and my hand aches
get home, cut open frame
it’s flimsy as crap compared to the other one I have
the plastic front is somehow already scuffed under the shrink-wrap
and so thin the little metal clips don’t want to stay in
getting more annoyed now
go to get poster
start unrolling it, the frame is wider
guess the dimensions were correct
who makes frames that are odd sizes from standard poster si...
the poster is sticking out of the top of the frame
look back at the bottom
the poster is sticking out of the bottom of the frame
scream escalates in both volume and pitch until no longer audible to human ears

Edit to include the last five minutes:
open fridge
open back door
open beer
sit down
realise I could have bought another pack of ten beers for what I wasted on that clip frame

Last edited:
Wow, I just got my first cataract surgery on my left eye this morning, and I didn't realize just how bad my eyes really were. Even now, just a few hours after after the surgery, and with a clear plastic shield still over my left eye, all that grey haze is gone... Now when I look at my computer screens, the colors are so much more vibrant and saturated - it's like the difference between SDR and HDR, lol. Can't wait to get my right eye done a week from today!

My two Seagate Barracuda 8TB hard drives arrived in the mail today, so I installed them in my computer and have them formatting right now. I installed my new 1TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD drive in the computer yesterday, and cloned my old OS drive over to it, so now everything is so much quicker to respond. It only takes about 10 seconds for my Windows to boot up now, when it took a good minute or more on the old 1TB spinning-disk drive. I now have 19TB of hard drive space internal, and 11TB in two external USB 3.0 drives, for a total of 30TB of storage and backup. Thant should last me for a while!

Now my left eye is getting a bit sore from using it so much on the computer after surgery,, so I'm going to go lay down for a nap now to give it some more rest. Nighty night!

It only takes about 10 seconds for my Windows to boot up now
Yeah, prepare for that to get longer. I was very pleasantly surprised with a similar startup time too when I first got an SSD, since then it’s gradually crept back up to about 30 seconds. And then of course, it still needs to load all the processes when you actually log in. Such are the mysteries of Windows...

Back