What you guys doing right now.

Jayme said:
WHY DO I CLICK ON THINGS! Whedonesque tricked me. Kinda. Ahh! The millisecond I saw what that spoiler was, or thought it was, I died a little.
Dude, it says "show spoiler" in big red letters. :p

Although that reminds me, I need to work further on reading the series.

Trying to redesign my blog.

CSS is f*cking crap. Why can't I just choose a text colour from some swatches on screen, type the column width I want into a box and click the "just f*cking do it, computer" box? I want to design the look of my site, not programme it. This is behind the scenes **** I never wanted to see. It's like giving a car designer an angle-grinder instead of a pen and telling him to get to work on a block of steel. There should be someone else to do that for him.

Coming to terms with the fact that I may get away with missing all 5 lessons this morning by a way of a series of miracles.

The story is a little complicated. And not actually all that exciting.
No snow involved though.
In the morning there was a fire alarm drill at my boarding house, I slept through it- the assumption was that I had already left to go to the first two lessons, as such it was marked as "explained absence" on the school register system for the first two lessons, ie until break. For the third lesson the teacher apparently did not turn up at all and everybody left. The forth lesson is with a really old teacher, who refuses to use the central registry system on the computers- someone in that class told him that I had been missing from the second lesson of the day and had been marked as "explained absence", he assumed this was still the case. For the fifth lesson it was suggested that I was on a CCF exercise (A laughable explanation from my point of view), the teacher didn't buy this but upon checking the CCF notice boards found that another student with the same surname as mine was on exercise- and the ccf doesn't use first names in it's registers (ranks instead) and so was apparently satisfied.

So having slept until 12:55 I seemed to have avoided any trouble, I didn't yet realise that I had missed the lessons and got changed ready to go to the lessons (there are no windows in my room). Having finished getting changed I put on my watch and saw the time... then my house-master came in, and said "Ah good, you had gone to lessons this morning", I looked at him in a confused way, he then said "We had a fire alarm and you weren't there so we assumed you'd left already". So I just nodded, he left and I thought... WUT.

Frankly I'm pretty concerned about what would have happened if it was an actual fire... but oh well. I still haven't been told Im in
trouble 6 hours later :D

tldr
1.+2. Fire alarm, 3. teacher doesn't show up, 4. teacher wont check register, 5. thought I was on a CCF exercise.

lol lucky sod.

similar things have happened for me and kayls.... the other week there was a firedrill, i slept through it. so did kayls, and also slept through her friday morning seminar, the people taking the register thought she was in the seminar and the tutor thought she missed the seminar because of the firedrill. meanwhile we where just asleep till midday.

Have to agree with you though, does make you wonder "what if there where a real fire?" nobody seems to check the rooms for hours.... by then you could be an ash cloud.

anyway, on topic.... sat here listening to ricky gervais podcast on new gumy headphones. txting the missus and thinking about buying a new hoody whilst in northampton at the weekend.

how much?

On topic, I’m sat in the office, my brain won’t wake up at all so I’m in a zombie state, wandering about and when someone asks me something I’ve decided shrugging will probably be best after trying to help someone with problems with their internet security left me saying “open your antivirus software and… erm…. I’ll get back to you on that I’m still mostly asleep”

Forgot my ipod at home, so my poor ears are being spammed be **** like abba, grease songs and night fever…. Okay if your mid 30s…. I thankfully missed that decade, looking online for websites I can listen to music.

Taking a break from my long day's work...
Just done a 4hr shift for Booths (which they needed badly) and then I have to do a 6hr shift at TJ's until 10pm. Totally bites....

Got a weird MSN Pm just now saying "etc etc etc how dare you backstab me like that Will, I saw the Facebook comments, I won't be making tht mistake again" and then vanished offline, confused the hell out of me. It isn't any of you guys I've got added is it? Only people from Aukn call me Will, but I don't recognize the address and it has to be someone I've already added once before for them to even send me it, unless it's a name change...

Ahhh~ confused I don't know what I've done :<

Yeah it's me will, crazy stalking again.

anyhow not feeling 100% today, but I may get round to painting my chimney breast. It needs a few touch up's from chipped paint

Today was the office's Christmas "meeting", during which no work-related matters were discussed whatsoever. Its location was a tapas restaurant, and thus I found myself consuming more olives and mushrooms than I had planned to.

Back