What you guys doing right now.

Stuart-says-yes said:
I think when I next uprgrade to a newer system in a few years time, I'll buy a desktop, that way I can't drop it :lol:

I have a desktop set up in my room- it's worth it. All that extra power is just awesome ;)

Most of my recently-roasted Tesco chestnuts were ridden with mould. How devious of it to claim from me my winter feasting items without prior consent.

One now understands the importance of a use-by date.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Waiting for a mandatory heavy rain patch to download , which due to my worse than usual broadband connection, will be done in roughly 8 hours time.

Ah thus is the PS3's download time for nearly everything! The game is definitely worth it in the end though!

Sat in my room, playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanCLS_h ... re=related

Clearing my head and trying to convince myself that everythings alright.
the irony of the song is, it was played in i am legend.... will smith sat in his lab cuddling his dying dog....... and on wednesday... i was sat in the vets doing the same.....
it explains my absense from work and life in general.... so i'm off now.

bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Godot said:
ilmaestro said:
The PS3 will also just skip from like 64% download to 98% downloaded totally randomly, though, to be fair.

I find it takes hours to do pretty much anything involving downloads >.<
Is it a wi-fi thing or just a playstation thing?

Also, Simon Pegg just tweeted me. I'm better than all of you now.

2.jpg

Jayme said:
Godot said:
ilmaestro said:
The PS3 will also just skip from like 64% download to 98% downloaded totally randomly, though, to be fair.

I find it takes hours to do pretty much anything involving downloads >.<
Is it a wi-fi thing or just a playstation thing?

Also, Simon Pegg just tweeted me. I'm better than all of you now.

Just PS3, I find.

Awesome news on the tweet btw <3

Stuart-says-yes said:
Tachi- said:
Sat in my room, playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanCLS_h ... re=related

Clearing my head and trying to convince myself that everythings alright.
the irony of the song is, it was played in i am legend.... will smith sat in his lab cuddling his dying dog....... and on wednesday... i was sat in the vets doing the same.....
it explains my absense from work and life in general.... so i'm off now.

bye.

You have my condolences tachi-,How old was he/she?

Also, I am looking for Jobs in the local area, after all, "We've got to have muneh"

He was almost 12. we as a family went and got a tattoo of a paw and his name in memory of him. still pretty raw atm but hoping things will seem more normal as the weeks go by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing some damn psychology revision for my resit on Wednesday.

Tommorow I get the day off- so the great cram is nigh!

If anyone has good tips for last minute cramming, i'd much appreciate it!

And anyone who knows the study of Tizard and Hodges, if you know how I can learn that that'd be great >.>

ilmaestro said:
Jayme said:
Can't you just find your cramming/revision threads from last year and the year prior? ;p
If he's taking resits, obviously the answers in those threads weren't great. :p

glol. Yeah, making notes does next to nothing. According to the Psychology textbook my best bet is to actively process it, creating as many links as possible. This means wearing the same clothes when I revise, same smell/deoderant/aftershave, same pen, and in ideal circumstances the exam hall.

I obviously can't do all of those, for hygiene reasons and it'd be impractical to simply spend all day in the exam hall lol.

Just cramming is something I never "got", and tommorow is the time to do it, really. Also, i'm not sure how to really actively process the study. The idea of active processing is to retrieve it from your long-term memory as often as possible, making more connections to it. So, that's why past papers work, and being interested in the work helps. Just, with a study all about emotional privation, it's hard to even talk to someone about.

Ah well. I'll get through it somehow 8)

If you don't "get" crammin', why cram? I can't speak from experience, but I imagine its much easier to just slowly study and absorb all the information. You know, over the xmas break and such.

/kills self.

Jayme said:
If you don't "get" crammin', why cram? I can't speak from experience, but I imagine its much easier to just slowly study and absorb all the information. You know, over the xmas break and such.

/kills self.

Get with the times man, the xmas break has gone! I've done some nice revision lately (probably not as much as I should due to distractions) but i'd like to just cram in important stuff tommorow for those few extra marks.

Back