What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

Spotify's 2020 summary is out:
Screenshot_20201202-141912.png

Top songs are all from my Favs Playlist which I play a lot, so no surprise:
Screenshot_20201202-141942.png

The surprise was top artist as I only played one album (Dororo OST), but it does have 33 tracks on it!
Screenshot_20201202-141824.png

The audio version of Rob Kemp's live stage show The Elvis Dead. The show consists of horror film Evil Dead II being retold in the style of of Elvis Presley, with the King's songs being given new lyrics to match the plot - e.g. "(You're The) Devil in Disguise" becomes "(You're A) Deadite in Disguise"; and "Good Luck Charm" becomes "Chainsaw Arm". In 2017, it won almost every comedy award going, and it is one of the best live shows I've been to.

The show has recently been made available to buy as a download and as a Region 0 DVD... and as a limited edition VHS, what with the original film being a video nasty. And as someone who still has a video recorder, I went with the video. The video does come with a code so you can download all the DVD extras (include the audio version that I'm now listening to), and they even managed to add a special easter egg onto the VHS.

The audio version of Rob Kemp's live stage show The Elvis Dead. The show consists of horror film Evil Dead II being retold in the style of of Elvis Presley, with the King's songs being given new lyrics to match the plot - e.g. "(You're The) Devil in Disguise" becomes "(You're A) Deadite in Disguise"; and "Good Luck Charm" becomes "Chainsaw Arm". In 2017, it won almost every comedy award going, and it is one of the best live shows I've been to.

The show has recently been made available to buy as a download and as a Region 0 DVD... and as a limited edition VHS, what with the original film being a video nasty. And as someone who still has a video recorder, I went with the video. The video does come with a code so you can download all the DVD extras (include the audio version that I'm now listening to), and they even managed to add a special easter egg onto the VHS.

I'm not much of a live-action horror fan but this sounds really fun, I might check it out! :)

Nice bit of Bollywood for you all :)

Getting into the Xmas spirit (please don't pelt me with rotten fruit lol) XP Man with the Bag has fantastic production and is belted out, Megan Hilty style :)

Nice song by Kelly Clarkson that I've never heard before, reminds me of All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey a bit but doesn't feel like a ripoff.

Just randomly discovered that The Tower of God OST is now on Spotify. It's dated 16th October, but I swear I searched for it nearly every day since the show ended. I obviously gave up at some point, probably the day before it came out knowing my luck. Anyway no time to listen to it now, but here's the link incase someone wants to have a listen themselves:

This prompted me to have a quick search for other stuff that wasn't on there that I hoped would be. Still no Demon Slayer or Akira (bar one track randomly), but the Cowboy Bebop OSTs have turned up, although not all on the SEATBELTS discography so I linked them here:

NSFW

Currently listening to a song trying to be the Christmas No. 1, which needs some explanation.

One of my other jobs is a judge on the Malcolm Hardee Awards, which are normally given at the Edinburgh Fringe (although not this year for obvious reasons). One of the former winners has a song that they are trying to make the No. 1 this year.

The person is called Kunt, his band are called The Kunts, and the song is called "Boris Johnson Is A ******* ****". It is currently No. 2 on both iTunes and Amazon, and given recent news it might end up doing better than he thought.

The person is called Kunt, his band are called The Kunts,
Kunt and the Gang, Ian, get it right man. :p

Kunt is a national treasure and definitely deserves this. I’m still disappointed “Use my ******** as a **** (The Nick Clegg Story)”never made it to Christmas No. 1. “Jesus (Baby with a Beard)” was also very deserving.

Now for something more wholesome.

Kunt and the Gang, Ian, get it right man. :p

Kunt is a national treasure and definitely deserves this. I’m still disappointed “Use my ******** as a **** (The Nick Clegg Story)”never made it to Christmas No. 1. “Jesus (Baby with a Beard)” was also very deserving.

Now for something more wholesome.

@ayase I know he has performed as Kunt and the Gang in the past, but this single and his last album was released as The Kunts.

I am currently listening Wrld on drugs by juice Wrld. He was a great rapper but unfortunately left us too early. I used to have his special abstract printed iphone cover when this song was released. He made his name in such a short span of time in the rap industry. Here is my favourite song of him.

Some recent albums I purchased off iTunes

Kylie Minogue - Disco
Lady Gaga - Chromatica
Will Joseph Cook - Something to Feel Good About
Working Men's Club - Working Men's Club

Really enjoyed them all :)

RE-ANIMATOR - Everything Everything, a bunch of Mother Mother, Foster the People and Enter Shikari have been my constant lockdown comforts for near a year now too.

Back