What manga are you reading now?

Tokyo Revengers( via INKR Comics app) Chapters 34-80 Totally hooked on this one.

The Case Study Of Vanitas - Volume 8 + simupublished Chapters 47-53(Via Kobo) Wow the Angst.
Absolutely adore the characters in this one. So glad I picked up the Manga after watching the first episode of the Anime Adaptation. The Artwork is gorgeous and so many cute character expressions too.

Ascendance of a Bookworm volume 14 (LN)
And Yet, You Are So Sweet volume 4
The Ideal Sponger Life Volume 4 (LN)
Tokyo Revengers volume 1
Bungo Stray Dogs volume 19 - So close to being caught up to the Japanese releases just in time for many dramatic twists!
The Great Claric volume 4 (LN)
Like Two Peas in a Pod (complete) - a really delightful story, with realistic and down to earth characters. I especially appreciate that the female cast were so good given how much this genre lacks characters like them.

Adachi and Shimamura vols 5 and 6 (LN)
I've only tried reading a few light novels, and these are the first where I haven't given up in disappointment after half a book. The Haruhi novel I tried was so tedious, I couldn't believe that KyoAni managed to make such a good show out of it. The Spice and Wolf novel I tried had stiff, simplistic prose that felt like it was aimed at middle grade and made my eyes glaze over. Fortunately Adachi and Shimamura is different. One of the best things about the anime is the contemplative inner monologues of the main characters, and that all comes straight from the quality of the light novels' writing. If you've watched the anime, you know that this yuri romance moves slowly, but the characters are so interesting that it almost doesn't matter what they're doing. Half of book 6 just has Shimamura apart from Adachi at her grandparents' house, pondering how she'll feel when their dog dies, and it's easily the best writing I've seen in my limited experience of light novels.

Adachi and Shimamura vols 5 and 6 (LN)
I've only tried reading a few light novels, and these are the first where I haven't given up in disappointment after half a book. The Haruhi novel I tried was so tedious, I couldn't believe that KyoAni managed to make such a good show out of it. The Spice and Wolf novel I tried had stiff, simplistic prose that felt like it was aimed at middle grade and made my eyes glaze over. Fortunately Adachi and Shimamura is different. One of the best things about the anime is the contemplative inner monologues of the main characters, and that all comes straight from the quality of the light novels' writing. If you've watched the anime, you know that this yuri romance moves slowly, but the characters are so interesting that it almost doesn't matter what they're doing. Half of book 6 just has Shimamura apart from Adachi at her grandparents' house, pondering how she'll feel when their dog dies, and it's easily the best writing I've seen in my limited experience of light novels.

I like Spice and Wolf a lot (I own everything up to volume 20 or 21 and I have read most of those, I also bought the first three Wolf and Parchment books on the strength of my love of Spice and Wolf), but regardless of our differing opinions on that series, you have convinced me to check out Adachi and Shimamura, so thanks for the recommendation :)

Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest ch 87

Hajimete no Gal ch 127

Houkago no Goumon ch 92

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord ch 70.1 - 70.2

Humans are the Strongest Race ~Starting a Slow Life with an Elf Wife in a Different World~ ch 60

In Another World With My Smartphone ch 57

That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime ch 86

The Honor Student's Secret Job ch 36

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch 143

Kizumonogatari
Where it really all began. These books are wonderfully written. Even though the films are stunning I probably enjoyed the book more in this case.

Venus in the Blind Spot
Another Junji Ito collection of short stories. And a particularly good one this time.

K-on! vol 2-4 + College
More charming fun. Love K-on shame we couldnt get College adapted as an OVA or something alongside Highschool. Anyway Highschool is all that's left to read.

Fragments of Horror
And more Junji Ito short stories.

Also been reading M.O.D.O.K Head Games a really fun Marvel GN that sort of ties into the recent M.O.D.O.K animated series.
And a bunch of comics I got from kickstarter Stay Awake (horror), Kia the Wordsmith (action fantasy), Penumbra: Tide (superhero).

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime volume 16
DC3 (One shot)
The Flowers of Evil volume 5
The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest volume 4
I Cannot Reach You volume 2 (reread in English since I read it in JP originally.)

Magic Knight Rayearth, I have just reached the second omnibus. The first was very good as expected and could easily have been a conclusion. I am excited to see where it goes next!

Cardcaptor Sakura collector's version. The anime is in my top, but I never read the manga. I think I'm going to like it even more than the anime!

The Vampire and His Pleasant Companions #3 of 4 by Narise Konohara and Marimo Ragawa Yen Press - such a clever variation on the vampire theme. Al in bat form is worth the read alone!

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody ch 78

Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest ch 88

Houkago no Goumon ch 93 - 94

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord ch 71.1 - 71.2

Humans are the Strongest Race ~Starting a Slow Life with an Elf Wife in a Different World~ ch 61 - 62

I, a Demon Lord, took a Slave Elf as my Wife, but how do I Love Her? ch 35.5

Lust Geass ch 37

The Princess Knight is a Classmate! ch 41

Chobits vol 6
Lots of stuff here I don't remember from the anime, but could just be that it's been a long time since I watched it.
The illustrations included in this version are stunning. I've found my Christmas avatar, unless something else comes along (taken using the new feature on the Bookwalker app, hence the copyright text. This is the whole double page spread, but you can crop to just share a panel or a small detail):
merrychimas.jpg

Karneval #12 (Volumes 23 and 24) Touya Mikanagi from Yen Press. I was surprised to find that this arrived shrink-wrapped and with an 'M' rating! The art is as beautiful as ever but the story has taken a much darker turn - again - and is developing its science-fictional themes.
Karneval 12 Yen Press.jpg

Back