What manga are you reading now?

Stranger by the Beach (Complete) - Loved this a lot, I wish I hadn't put off reading it so long lol.

The Magic in This Other World is Too Far Behind volume 4

The Way of the House-Husband volume 1

Tokyo Tarareba Girls volume 9 (complete) - Absolutely loved this all the way to the end. What a great and entertaining manga.

Himouto! Umaru-chan volume 7

Sweet Drop (complete)

Just finished Satoshi Kon's Opus, I can't really imagine it without the 'final' chapter, acting as closure.. It was amazing and couldn't put it down (though I did due to sleep).. also finished Made in Abyss Vol 1, I'm a big fan of the anime so it's nice to finally read the source material, and now on to Made in Abyss Vol 2

Daytime Shooting Star volume 3

Ao Haru Ride volume 7

Cells at Work! volume 5 - Looks like I'm caught up now, Japan hasn't had a new volume in ages. 😞

Even If The Sword Saint is Boring He's Still the Strongest ch 28

Special training in the Secret Dungeon ch 25

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch 125

Last edited:
Girls Frontline chapters 1-11
A fantastic adaptation that expands and improves on the story of the original game. One of the best changes is Commander Gentiane as the game presents her as a faceless self insert with no real impact on the story while here she's a well developed character that despite being a slacker also shows strategic talent when it comes to her job. The adaptation also finds a natural way of including game mechanics into the story and story content from later in the game's development being referenced. It's clear the artist has a lot of love for the game with how good an adaptation this is and I look forward to seeing them cover stuff like Operation Cube and Arctic Warfare. Would love to see an anime based on this version especially to see M16A1 vs HK416 and M4 SOPMOD II's rampage animated.

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 38-39

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord ch 50.1

In Another World With My Smartphone (Light Novel) volume 4 (Complete)
Good volume. Best parts for me imo was how well Touya went about dealing with the Noble and his son and what they had planned for Yumina. Secondly has got to be the events that went down in the Regulus Empire, as for the rest of this volume, it was still a fun read.

Last edited:
My Hero Academia: School Briefs volume 3 (light novel)

An Incurable Case of Love volume 1

My Hero Academia: Smash volume 2

The Unwanted, Undead, Adventurer volume 2

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable volume 3 (Viz edition)

Arata Primal (complete) - Looks like this one got cancelled, which I'm not surprised by in the least. Oh well, one less weekly to follow I suppose.

Mostly been reading these lately.

Solo Levelling Webtoon - Up to chapter 60. In its genre, better than any manga or anime Ive read/watched. Fantastic.
Gantz - Up to Vol 12. That last arc would be incredibly controversial if made today or if its ever animated. :oops:
I Am a Hero - Up to Vol 4
My Hero Academia - Up to Vol 15

Cooking with Wild Game volume 5 (light novel)

Nicola Travelling Around the Demon's World volume 1 - Pretty fun read, especially for a younger auidence. Will probably pick up volume 2 when it rolls around.

If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord volume 4 - Okay I admit I turn into just as much of a doting idiot as Dale while reading this series. It's just so cute and I love the main characters so much.

The Wize Wize Beasts of the Wizarding Wizdoms (complete) - Not really sure what possessed Seven Seas to give this a light novel-ish name given the Japanese would be more like 'Beasts of Wizdom' or maybe you could have made it Beasts of Wizarding Wizdom... Anyway, despite having only read two volumes of Girl from the Other Side (I do want to go back to it...), I had a great time with this collection of short stories. If you like the mangaka's work and BL then this is definitely one to consider picking up. :)

Melting Lover by Bukuro Yamada - the first of Kuma's exciting new BL list (or, at least, the first I've been able to lay my hands on!) Shrink-wrapped for Mature Rating - and with a dust jacket and very high quality paper, including colour pages. The mangaka is new to me so I'm intrigued to see what they do...

Hitorijime My Hero volume 5

Combatants will be Dispatched volume 1 - My friend picked this up so I borrowed it to give it a read. It's a pretty good companion to the light novel and I had fun with it. :)

Back