What manga are you reading now?

Wortenia Senki (LN) (JP) vol 6
This is my daily practice reading, so I only read about 20-30 minutes of it per day... and even then it's a fairly slow reading pace.
I do enjoy it a lot though. Particularly Wortenia. I'd really like it to get licensed to be honest. And this volume is almost like the preface to the main story (I know, at volume 6? What can I say, it's a slow starter...). Ryouma's territory is finally beginning to take shape and the rest of the world is moving towards some serious war. Next volume looks like it's starting with focus on the elves in the Wortenia Peninsula, which should be interesting. Given how brutal the world is I'm curious as to how it's going to treat demi-humans. Well, we already know the world treats them poorly. I'm just wondering whether they will be brutal in return or more in line with typical fantasy tropes.

An Archdemon's Dilemna: How to Love Your Elf Bride (LN) vol 5
JNC isn't listing today's release as the final part, but the afterword's there, right? And it's part 8, right? Eh, whatever.
This volume does give a bit of focus on Chastille and Nephteros, which is nice. And Kuroka is a decent addition, too. But while this series is enjoyable a lot of the time it doesn't exactly grip me very often. Dunno whether it's the slightly awkward translation (or at least it feels that way) or what. I can't quite put my finger on it.
Anyway, I really hope it doesn't go full harem. At the moment it looks like it's going to avoid it, with Kuroka and Nephteros staying with Chastille, but I'm not entirely convinced there won't just be a bunch of women pining over Zagan from afar instead. At least they do seem to have their own ideas and goals.

Saga of Tanya the Evil (LN) vol 5
This series is always difficult to read because of the long volumes, military jargon and the often multi-layered or unclear meanings of a lot of the text. Particularly the protagonist's internal monologue. Always worth it though, in my opinion, as it's a pretty unique LN in a lot of ways and a genuinely enjoyable read.
This volume in particular does some nice stuff. For starters, it's becoming clear that the Empire can't afford a Total War situation against the rest of the world for too long. The recurring theme here is the increasing lack of veterans and the sacrifice of the nation's young people. Further, for possibly the first time the 203rd Aerial Mage Battalion takes some serious damage with little to show for it. Sure, they make a bit of a comeback from it, but it's clear they're on the back foot.
There's also an interesting little bit towards the latter part of the novel where Serebryakov (sp?) ruminates on Tanya's magical ability, answering a question I've had since near the start of the series. Turns out she doesn't have any oustanding magical capacity (barely above average, apparently) - her most ridiculous feats are a combination of iron determination, training and a helping hand from Being X in getting the Type-95 to work.

So yeah, another good volume for a good series. Even with the "twist" at the end it looks like things are only going to get grimmer from here on out.

Candy Color Paradox volume 1 - Really glad I picked this up after reading Sarah's review. The main characters are adorable and while they bicker it's not the kind of bickering that gets on my nerves, moreso the cute endearing kind. Definitely looking forward to reading more.

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride volume 5 (light novel) - Review to follow later in the month. Good volume, really enjoyed the change of pace and more focus on Chastille.

As Miss Beelzebub Likes volume 5 - C-could it be?! It looks like next volume we might have progress in the romance for a certain pair of characters! I'll believe it when I see it though. ;)

Hitorijime My Hero volume 2

Candy Color Paradox volume 1 - Really glad I picked this up after reading Sarah's review. The main characters are adorable and while they bicker it's not the kind of bickering that gets on my nerves, moreso the cute endearing kind. Definitely looking forward to reading more.

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride volume 5 (light novel) - Review to follow later in the month. Good volume, really enjoyed the change of pace and more focus on Chastille.

@Demelza: I'm so glad you liked Candy Color Paradox! Let's hope SuBlime are inspired to pick up her other ongoing series too (I think I spotted another one today...)

And I'm very much looking forward to your review of How to Love Your Elf Bride #5. :)

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation (LN) vol 1
Ah yes, Jobless Reincarnation: Jobless Reincarnation. The classic.
Anyway. I kinda get the feeling that this is considered the grandad of the current generation of Isekai LNs? A lot of the tropes are reused ad infinitum in later ones. If not genesis, this was the one that popularised them.
And I can see why based on the first volume. While there are a few bits that skirt the border of humour and stray too close to creepy territory they're balanced enough by wholesomeness and genuine quality that it's a nice read. I'd read a few volumes of the manga adaptation previously so the extra detail is appreciated. I am really happy that this got licensed.

Kakegurui vol 9
This manga doesn't really change volume-to-volume. Good art, intense story, interesting characters. Always a fun read.

Bloom Into You vol 6
Well. I can only remark that what's good about this manga (amongst other things) is that it doesn't really draw things out or procrastinate with anything. I was expecting there to be a big arc regarding Yuu's confession, but no, it's close to immediate after the end of the student council play. Not to say that's a bad thing - it works it very well and realistically.
It's just, I'd been thinking "oh I like this wholesome chapter with Yuu and her big sister..." and then BAM.

Unwanted Undead Adventurer (LN) vol 4
This series has such an interesting world and set of characters, if only it wasn't so darn wordy. I'm going to give it another volume or two to really catch my interest but it's close to being dropped, to be honest. I say that but I'm really not good at dropping things...
Also, Laura is clearly the Twilight Vampire isn't she?

Eromanga Sensei volume 2

Clockwork Planet volumes 3-5 - Still really enjoying this, so will definitely pick up the remaining 5 volumes in the future.

The Unwanted Undead Adventurer volume 4 (light novel) - Like Arveene, I am seriously considering dropping this when we get around to volume 5. They've set up something interesting for that volume, but at the same time the plot barely moves because everyone talks too much. ;_; If I wasn't so bad at dropping series, I might have let this one go already....

Fireforce volume 2 - Against better judgement I picked this back up given how much of it I got in that Kodansha Humble Bundle. I'm sure I'll drop it again once I'm through those volumes though.

Vinland Saga ch 40-42 finishing Vol 6
A bit more backstory for Thorfinn's father and quite the turn around for Prince Canute. Probably a bit too quick for me.

I wish they'd licensed it already! Even if they license it now it wouldn't be starting until the end of the year/sometime next, so really they should have had it ready to start straight after DRR!! itself ended. :(

Back