What manga are you reading now?

Voices of a Distant Star (complete) - Picked this up as a bit of research before the novel is released later in the year. I do enjoy seeing Shinkai's works from ever angle possible.

Flying Witch volume 5

A Very Fairy Apartment volume 1

The Magic In This Other World is Too Far Behind volume 1

Bloom Into You volume 3

Silver Spoon volume 7 - I burst out laughing when Hachiken and Mikage go on the shrine date and the girls all come out to stop Keiji from joining them. I really am fond of this series and it sports the kind of humour that only Arakawa can craft. It's stupid, heartwarming and insightful all at the same time~

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level (LN) vol 3
Hey look, I managed to read it in time for the next volume to come out! Unlike some other ones..
Anyway, I don't have a great deal to say about this. It's just a comfy read. Occasionally includes some nice self-care advice. Oh, I do like how one of the new characters is a board game lover. Yay board games!

Devils and Realist Vol. 15 - the final volume! :( I'm sad to come to the end of this series but also incredibly glad that Seven Seas has continued to publish it right to the end (unlike Yen Press and Karneval?) so that we aren't left dangling.

Vinland Saga Vol. 4 (ch 22-28)
Moving through Wessex/England and then meeting a bloke with a Roman sounding name and title and also dressed as Roman with Roman ships nearly 600 years after they left! Anyway, they then move through Wales to avoid the enemy and back into England/Mercia to try and reach the Daneland.

Spirit Chronicles volume 4 (light novel)

Bungo Stray Dogs volume 10 - the first to have content not adapted into anime! This won't last with the new season starting next month, though.

So I'm a Spider, So What? volume 5

Spirit Chronicles (LN) vol 4
Things are getting a bit more emotionally charged now. Honestly I expected Rio's spirit to take a lot longer to awaken. But this works too. Quite looking forward to volume 5, as potentially with him returning to Strahl we might get to see some fallout from previous happenings.

So I'm a Spider, So What? (LN) vol 5
Every volume of this that gets released I seem to enjoy more than the previous. And now we're potentially onto the main story, with the threads all tying together. I'll be interested to see if it continues writing the two different time perspectives so that we can see Wakaba and Ariel's actions over the 10 years before the "present day". I doubt it though (that last Ariel POV chapter suggested it was just going to be handwaved a bit).

Back