What manga are you reading now?

My Big Sister Lives In A Fantasy World Volume 7 (light novel, complete) - I feel like the end of this series just kind of fizzled out. The first three or four volumes were really entertaining but as the plot got more complex it lost a lot of what it originally had going for it. The final volume doesn't even tie up some of the loose ends. :/

Honestly the saddest thing here is the fact I'm saying goodbye to one of the series J-Novel Club launched with, otherwise I'm not really upset to see it go.

In This Corner of the World complete
Pretty much like reading the storyboard for the film, but like A Silent Voice it cuts things that I felt important, in fact much more important than A Silent Voice where only the side characters are effected.
It turns out that Rin, the prostitute that Suzu runs into when she gets lost, once was "employed" by her husband, Shusaku. Now this affects her throughout the rest of the story in terms of the relationship with him, but she also becomes friends with Rin, and right at the end let's it go as compared to the other stuff that has happened isn't that important. Suzu also talks to another prostitute in a less important scene cut from the manga.
There is talk of an extended version and there are visual cues from that part of the story, so I'm guessing it was intended to go in, but got cut!

There were a lot of little notes on references made in the story/panels, which were interesting.

Last edited:
In the past couple weeks:

Kakegurui Vol 3
Welcome to the Ballroom Vol 8
Re:Zero LN Vol 5
The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria LN Vol 1

& I'm half way through So I'm a Spider, So What? LN Vol 1

Is that one proving to be a good read? I saw some shots of the manga version and that seemed pretty funny, but could be a good adaption rather than a good LN...

Yup. Definitely worth the purchase. The inner monologue of the spider's pretty entertaining, they wrote her well. The world and mystery surrounding everything has me surprisingly hooked, as I didn't expect much.

Yup. Definitely worth the purchase. The inner monologue of the spider's pretty entertaining, they wrote her well. The world and mystery surrounding everything has me surprisingly hooked, as I didn't expect much.

Sweet! I'll have to make sure I pick it up if I don't get a copy for Christmas then. Sounds a bit like I Reincarnated into a Slime which I didn't think had much going for it, but the manga ended up oddly entertaining. :)

Finder Vol. 4 In Captivity - It's been interesting reading this series in a new translation.
Bloody Mary Vol. 9 - penultimate volume, I think...

Durarara!! Volume 6 (light novel) - all caught up with what I own so will have to go and buy some more volumes soon.

In Another World with my Smartphone Volume 6 (light novel) - slowly turning into a mecha series!

Back