What manga are you reading now?

Digital Manga:
All Out! vols 2 & 3
Drifting Dragons vol. 1 (Kodansha)
The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window vol.4 (SuBLime) - This series is consistently excellent and one of the most subtly creepy josei Out There.

So, for this year I'm making sure I read 1 volume of Manga a week (usually during lunch times at work.. making the best of my time)

Week 1 (complete)
Hana + Hina Volume 1

Really cute series you can tell was by the same author as Girl Friends and such.
-----------

What I would like to do is get a light novel to read once I've finished the manga. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions

Has to be physical format, Prefer a short series to be honest. Or episodic. Something like Haruhi Suzumiya is a big no.

Key Genres I like: (But will read anything short)
Slice of Life
Romance

-----------

I know most people will direct me towards the List of Light Novels thread... but a few ones that caught my eye (DanMachi, Konosuba) were 8+ volumes each.. Sound! Euphonium sounding pretty good at only 4 volumes

Last edited:
I know most people will direct me towards the List of Light Novels thread... but a few ones that caught my eye (DanMachi, Konosuba) were 8+ volumes each.. Sound! Euphonium sounding pretty good at only 4 volumes

I'll probably come back with some suggestions tomorrow, but I just wanted to say that although Sound! has four volumes because they're standalone only a single one has made its way to the west and it seems increasingly unlikely that Yen are going to bother with the other three.

*edit* Lemon got there before me.

Thanks for the info

Well thats a shame, I was only looking at the top of Wiki, so it is licensed by Yen-on / Yen-Press and noticed its only a few volumes long.

That series is cursed ;)

I don't think anything Yen has out is a short series bar the one mentioned. The Empty Box & Zeroth Maria (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Empty-Zero...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JEVKR5HMMJQNFSN8QWNG) is the shortest one they've licensed (off the top of my head) with 7 volumes but it's only just started to be released (1 volume out, next one due ..February/March) The first book felt quite condensed, obviously there's a bigger story however it did wrap the first story up well...if that's any help.

Empty box is a horror mystery with hints of romance. Mal page - Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria

Length wise, and though not in the genres you like or a condensed short story as it's ongoing, Konosuba LN's are the shortest page wise.

Back