What manga are you reading now?

Finally finished Lady Snowblood. Some of the stories were ingenious, the very last one was so convoluted it was ridiculous, all included scenes of naked women. Overall I prefer the films.

Yotsuba 6-10 (though I have to admit to reading a fair bit of this via scanlations some time ago).

There's not a lot more to say about Yotsuba, other than that it's awesome in every way and that anyone who doesn't already own it should go out and buy it right now, but I have to take issue with one of Yen Press' translations. To paraphrase grammarian H. W. Fowler: "Duralumin is amusing and right. Juralumin is stupid and wrong." All I can think is that whoever did the translation did so phonetically and didn't actually get the joke.

I think worse than not getting the joke is not recognizing that you didn't get it, and not taking the two seconds to use the internet to work it out.

Maybe you can tell me maestro, what the hell was the ice cream / haagen daas "joke" (where the restaurant owner puts her head round the door at the end of the meal) in the original Japanese? Because it made absolutely no sense to me in English. Or perhaps I'm guilty of not getting the joke this time...

reading chapters of Ah My Goddess! since I wanted to know how it faired up compared to the series. I'm sure most have you have read it but it's interested how far different it is with characters like Skuld being kinder to Keiichi, or Keiichi himself. Also another fact is how the chapters pan out, it seems the "Lord of Terror" incident happens way before the events of Skuld meeting Megumi for the first time.
Getting through these 50 chapters already it's already noticeable Kōsuke change of art style

Volume 6 of Reborn!. Kyouko-chan is so cute at the zoo, but Lambo remains the funniest character.

edit: I forgot to check Yotsubato!, sorry ayase. D:

I just caught up on One Piece and currently reading Hunter x Hunter 14 (I have loads left unread and I thought it was about time I started reading some)

Last night I read Ouran High School Host Club Vol. 1.

Volume 1 covers the first three episodes of the anime. There are some differences between the manga and the anime, in particular Honey's/Hunny's appearance. It is hard getting used to him being a gigantic 4'9" (although the manga does say he can shrink at will).

Back