What manga are you reading now?

Shaman King Vol 17, i'm now wondering how different it's going to turn out from the anime, already, i just hope that the author does put out the true ending to it this year like was promised :p

BlackWolf said:
Shaman King Vol 17, i'm now wondering how different it's going to turn out from the anime, already, i just hope that the author does put out the true ending to it this year like was promised :p
Did Hiroyuki Takei promised to give it a real ending this time around?

Edit:quick wiki here and voila:

wikipedia.org said:
Re-release and conclusion

A flier handed out at Jump Festa 2008 announced a Kanzenban reprint of the entire series. This came due to the slew of fans wanting a true ending to Shaman King. The Japanese publisher Shueisha has officially announced that Shaman King would return in March 2008 as Shaman King Kanzen-Ban, or Perfect Edition. This release will reprint the entire series in 27 volumes complete with new clear image overlays on the covers while concluding with the never-before-published "true ending." The first six volumes of the manga have been released in Japan and is now being released every two months with the final volume expected to be released in Spring of 2009. [1][2]

Trigunette said:
Finally got my volume 18 of Urasawa's Monster and instead of reading just that, I'm thinking I'll start the whole series from the beginning.

I have not read Monster, but I think with the last few series I have finished re-reading the whole series may have been a good plan as I think I forgot too much plot to properly enjoy the endings on some that took ages between volumes.

Currently reading Black Sun Silver Moon Volume 7, which I think is the final volume.

Read volumes 16 and 17 of Berserk this morning. Originally i was going to stick with just 16, but i got a bit engrossed with it and read through 17 as well, thankfully got 18 still to read later tonight.

Read through Berserk Volume 18 last night, and was as enjoyable as expected, if not more so. Here's looking forward to my loan/bursary coming through on wednesday so that i can go and pick up 19+

Solanin

A two-volume manga collected into a single large volume by Viz.

Meiko is a strong, independent 23-year-old woman who's deeply disillusioned with post-graduation life. She hates her office job and the people she works with and so one day she decides to hand in her notice, even though she's supporting both herself and her boyfriend. It could be whiny and melodramatic but Meiko is such a loveable and sympathetic character, and the story is so full of humour and warmth, that it never comes across that way. It's very skillfully written by an author who was in his mid-20s at the time, and anyone who's ever been directionless or uncertain about their future will be able to relate to Meiko's situation.

But there are no teenage boys beating each other up, so nobody will buy it :(

Just about to sink my teeth into Claymore Chapter 87 and Berserk Volume 2. Wish I had more time to read Berserk tho. First Volume was awesome.

Again, more Berserk readiing, this time volume 19, this arc is progressing very nicely, not sure how much of it is left to go but either way i'm going to enjoy each chapter as i read it. No doubt will read through vol 20 tonight/tomorrow afternoon depending on time.

Up to chapter 46 of One Piece now and it's good, but certainly not extraordinary. There are moments where it's great, but these moments only punctuate the protracted, bearably dull and predictable fighting sequences.

Back