What manga are you reading now?

Slowly making my way through the Galaxy angel manga which I decided to take back with me from Uni to leave at home.

Also not manga, but I'm halfway through the first slayers novel. Some things seem a bit off as I'm use to the anime.

Read volume 1-4 of BECK yesterday and the day before. I've seen the anime, and it's one of my favorites so I really want to see what happens in volume 12-33 (The anime stopped at volume 12). The anime is just as great. I prefer the anime for the way we can listen to the music, and listen to them develop in "good-ness"(?). But, the style in the manga is just.. awesome! The characters are all 10x cooler in the manga; Koyuki especially - In the anime his face was annoying and I felt like I didn't like him. In the manga, it's completely different, he seems quite cool and has more of a style in him other than "school-boy". Anyway, I'll probably read 3 or 4 more volumes this weekend!

Asides from Berserk Volume 20(which left me at a bloomin' cliffhanger, darn it), i read through Fairy Tail 115 earlier as well as Full Metal Alchemist chapter 91, and just about to read through Soul Eater 57(Edit: This chapter just makes Black Star that much more great)

Today I read volume 5 of BECK. I've noticed that the scenes in the manga seem to have alot more tension and atmosphere in them than the anime; Like when you see Maho crying outside the pool, it feels alot more sad in the manga; It was only shortly shown in the anime and I couldn't really understand what was happening.

Read volumes 5-8 of BECK sometime today/yesterday; Most addictive manga ever, while I was out today I was actually waiting to get home and read some more!

theunderfiend said:
The Enigma of Amigara Fault

short but very very very creepy

seriously creepy

my god I am totally creeped out

Good choice :wink:

I've also read a few oneshots recently; Watching TV all the time makes you stupid (hentai kind of made me jump though), Nihei: Abba, and White Clouds.

White Clouds was a great one shot. Very emotional and 'deep'.

Well I had just read some of his Uzumaki, up to Snail People (which is also incredibly creepy) and someone suggested that I just had to read Amigara.

I am glad I did as it was awesome but there was something about it that put chills up my spine. And I LOVE horror, the scarier and more blood soaked the better. But Amigara was just...wow

especially the end

Ghost Talker's Daydream volume 2. For some reason I have managed to pick a couple of manga recently to read at work that I felt a little uncomfortable about people possibly looking over my shoulder at the wrong time.

chaos said:
Yagami said:
Today I read volume 15-21 of BECK. Woooooooow! I'm so addicted to this!
13 volumes in 2 days? Yep, I can tell you're addicted to it =) Do you know how many volumes Beck is in total?

According to MAL, it's 34 volumes long.. There has only been 12 volumes released in the uk so far, I think I remember someone telling me they had canceled(or delayed, for a long time) it. Which is a pity with this been such an awesome manga! :x

Back