What manga are you reading now?

Just caught up with One Piece (512) after a good while. Amazing. I so cannot wait to see this arc animated, It's gonna be awesome. Every chapter has a new twist in it.. my God, it's impressive!

As soon as I can be bothered, I'll catch up with Naruto, I guess. I'm looking forward to the few Bakuman chapters, as well! Hopefully I'll get them two out of the way tonight, or tomorrow!

Black Lagoon volume 1 - I read this scanlated originally, and thought it was done really well. Have to say ViZ have done a good job with it as well, doesn't seem to have lost anything in this officially translated version, nothing edited, all in place.

Gintama chapters 1-6 - thought i may as well look into this as i've heard a fair few good things on it, and can't say i disagree. Its been fairly good so far, so i'm gonna continue with it as well.

Double Arts chapter 23 - This annoyed me, i was enjoying this series actually and the sad thing is it got cancelled by Jump, it was fairly original in some aspects and it had promise, chapter was ok for putting the series to a halt anyway, just wish they didn't.

I started reading Dragon Ball vol. 3 last night. It's really one of the most charming, funny (even if Kame'senin's perverted old guy act is wearing thin by this stage) and entertaining manga series I've ever read :]

CitizenGeek said:
I started reading Dragon Ball vol. 3 last night. It's really one of the most charming, funny (even if Kame'senin's perverted old guy act is wearing thin by this stage) and entertaining manga series I've ever read :]

Whats the art like on the whole for Dragonball series?? Im srsly tempted to look this up.

Spyro201 said:
Whats the art like on the whole for Dragonball series?? Im srsly tempted to look this up.

I really like the art in DB, as a matter of fact. It's charming and enjoyable. The cartoon-y style really fits in with the childish (though usually brilliant!) humour of the series.

It's definitely well worth checking out, I think. There are 16 volumes in total, and all are available, so it's not as big of a financial commitment as other shonen stuff like One Piece or Bleach (which will probably never, ever end).

Halfway through volume 23 of Naruto. I still love Naruto as much as I did back when I first watched it in anime form. :)

-------

Aren't Viz currently in the process of releasing Vizbig (3 volumes together) DB releases? I also read that they were supposed to be releasing a DB set alongside their other recently released manga box sets.

I'm interested in reading the manga since many shounen authors claim to have been inspired by it. I've always thought it looks a bit crap (and episode 4 of DB: Shippuuden didn't really tell me otherwise) but I do want to read it to see how similar DB is to newer shounen series.

Aion said:
Halfway through volume 23 of Naruto. I still love Naruto as much as I did back when I first watched it in anime form. :)

-------

Aren't Viz currently in the process of releasing Vizbig (3 volumes together) DB releases? I also read that they were supposed to be releasing a DB set alongside their other recently released manga box sets.

I'm interested in reading the manga since many shounen authors claim to have been inspired by it. I've always thought it looks a bit crap (and episode 4 of DB: Shippuuden didn't really tell me otherwise) but I do want to read it to see how similar DB is to newer shounen series.

you're right Aion on both accounts, i was waiting for the case release of DB before i got it, probably will do the same for DBZ as well, always been curious to see what the original manga was like

M.P.D. Psycho volumes 2&3 - It's alright, nothing amazing, totally loved the Kamen Rider reference in volume 3 though, although the amount of personalities coming into it now is a little out of hand.

Finished reading Vol. 1-27 of Naruto this morning.

I read 25-27 in one sitting in order to enjoy the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight as much as possible. There were some minor changes the animation team made to the placement of dialogue and the fight itself (such as the Naruto 'Body Swing' attack being used earlier in the manga and Sasuke not breaking Naruto's neck in the manga) but I still enjoyed it immensely. It's too bad I've run out of volumes to read and the part 2 box set won't be released for a good few years yet; I want to keep re-reading. :(

I'm looking forward to the release of the DN box set next month. Like with part 1 of Naruto, I started reading DN from part 2 onwards, meaning I haven't experienced the best parts of DN in manga form yet.

These box set releases are giving me the motivation required to buy and read chapters I hadn't touched previously due to it being too much hassle to read via my PC monitor. If only more affordable manga box sets were released, such as a Berserk or Kare Kano collection...

Back